PDA

View Full Version : Ron Paul Press Release

ghemminger
08-08-2007, 04:08 PM
Could you help me write a short Ron Paul press release explaining his popularity on the internet that I can send to my Local Papers....?

MSM has blacked us out....But Localized Publications could be RIPE for info about Ron Paul.....Who wants to add???

Thanks!!

constituent
08-08-2007, 04:09 PM
PM you or what?

how many words?

what format?

ghemminger
08-08-2007, 04:12 PM
No post it in the thread..so it's available...just realized no one has done this yet!!!

We have submitted editorials...But what is preventing US from sending press releeases directly to our LOCAl Publications

constituent
08-08-2007, 04:15 PM
My only thing is... shouldn't that be left to the campaign?

I don't want to encroach on their territory... but... uh... atleast what kinda tone are you looking for... are you looking for active or passive narration? cold, calculating newsy stuff perhaps? whatever you think is best... i'll knock it out in a few minutes.

ghemminger
08-08-2007, 04:23 PM
My only thing is... shouldn't that be left to the campaign?

I don't want to encroach on their territory... but... uh... atleast what kinda tone are you looking for... are you looking for active or passive narration? cold, calculating newsy stuff perhaps? whatever you think is best... i'll knock it out in a few minutes.

Wow...I'm looking for something very NEWS sounding that when they look at it they will say " Hell this is a fantastic story, I wonder why AP or Reuters hasn't sent us somethihing like this?....I'm going to see if my edititor will publish this thing tommorrow......" :D

constituent
08-08-2007, 04:30 PM
No problem boss... i'll have a working something up in a few.

constituent
08-08-2007, 05:39 PM
Here's a short little bit for a small market paper... little bit of selling it... working on more, but I wasn't sure what kinda word count you want... can make it much more "newsy"

...just have a natural enthusiasm! So anyway, here's the start of something for a paper with relatively small circulation:

No the circus is not coming to town, though the bright signs and cheering crowds might give you that impression. In fact today is neither Christmas nor the fourth of July, but an occasion for all Americans to celebrate nonetheless. Today (Can be Date Specific) the net comes to life. Today marks the birth of the Real World Web.

“We’re not just the internet.” The Ron Paul crowd stood chanting in the rain this weekend outside the studio of ABC’s Sunday morning program This Week. Long after the other candidates’ paid support teams called it quits and packed it in, this group of dedicated supporters was seen risking their health, volunteering their time for the man known by many as “The Taxpayer’s Best Friend.”

Do not be surprised to hear a thing or two about congressman Ron Paul before the week is up. His campaign has, as they say on the internets, “gone viral.” So viral that Paul’s volunteer force has dominated traffic on the web for many months. Since Paul’s much publicized scuffle with a washed-up republican candidate, and subsequent schooling of said candidate on foreign policy, national security, and American history, Paul’s web has grown by the minute.

(Insert Quote From Josh Lowry Here)
(Insert Ron Paul Quote, couldn’t have imagined… something like that)

The situation has reached a level where all the excitement is bubbling over, spilling out of the internet and into the real world. Parents and children, students, friends and teachers are no longer disenfranchised, no longer limited by by the lackluster traditional media, or politics as usual. To this diverse crowd, Ron Paul’s campaign has come to represent politics as unusual; his message of freedom resonating across this nation and around the world.

:::Here you could make an event specific announcement:::

We look forward to seeing you there on (Insert Date), but do not wait. Celebrate your independence today by googling Ron Paul, joining the (Your City) Ron Paul meetup group, or visiting the official campaign site at www.ronpaul2008.com to learn about Dr. Paul and his dedicated service to this nation and the cause of Liberty.

The Ron Paul Revolution will be, televised or not.

The author of this article is in no way affiliated with the Ron Paul campaign, nor has this statement been reviewed or authorized by Ron Paul, his staff, or the RNC, Libertarian Party, Constitution Party, Green Party, NORML, Liberty Caucus, Willie Nelson, Bill Maher, Pat Buchanan, or the nice folks over at the Alex Jones Show and infowars.com

constituent
08-08-2007, 05:44 PM
Would you like it more professional/formal... relaxed/informal???

Are you looking to distribute it in a larger market? If you have any specific papers in mind let me know. I'll check 'em out and get a feel for their language and the general vibe of their stories and fit one right in for 'em.

constituent
08-08-2007, 05:56 PM
A Newsier top two para

As you go about your business this weekend (Date Specific) expect to see bright signs, cheering crowds, and the happy faces of people working together to build a better nation. Not Likely, but incase (that's a little move I like to call the David Brooks) you haven’t heard, a volunteer army of net savvy activists :::could have a 'from all walks of life here::: have found a cause to unite behind (Ever heard the joke about the bohemian from Hallettsville that went to Harvard? 'at haaavaaad we never end our sentences with prepositions'). “The message of freedom is very popular,” says House Representative Ron Paul, the man responsible for the sudden sea change in America’s political landscape.

“We’re not just the internet.” Famous on websites like YouTube and the aptly named RonPaulForums.com, Ron Paul’s enthusiastic supporters came to life in realtime outside the studio of ABC’s Sunday morning program This Week. Long after the other candidates’ paid support teams made their television appearances and abandoned post, this group of dedicated supporters was seen risking their health, volunteering their time for the man known by many as “The Taxpayer’s Best Friend.”

constituent
08-08-2007, 06:03 PM
With that one you would want

gone viral. so viral in fact...

you would also want the quote section before the "Don't be surprised..."

Keith
08-08-2007, 06:06 PM
Wouldn't a press release actually be released by the campaign? I am pretty sure that anything that we would write would be considered letters to the editor. I am all for that, but if we all start issuing press releases then we might send mixed signals that could actually hurt the campaign.

Just my two cents.

constituent
08-08-2007, 06:30 PM
that's kinda what i was thinking...

maybe he meant letter to the editor... or perhaps a paid advert...

not really sure on that one.

american.swan
08-08-2007, 06:52 PM
I don't see a problem with us writing press releases....BUT have someone at HQ literally sign off on each one FIRST.

I think small town papers would love to fill space with something other then AP stuff everyone already knows from the nightly news.

Getting "press releases" to these small town papers would be great.

I think a press release should expect readers to have no clue about the Internet, youtube, and blogging.

Example:

If you went to your movie rental shop and the clerk told you that such and such a movie was flying off the selves and the shop couldn't keep enough in stock, you just might get interested in that movie and ask yourself, "Why is that movie so popular? Is it that good". That is kind of thing is what is happening on the Internet right now. Presidential canidate Ron Paul is attracting a lot of online attention. Ron Paul is THAT good.

[state some campain facts and issues]

ghemminger
08-08-2007, 07:07 PM
With that one you would want

gone viral. so viral in fact...

you would also want the quote section before the "Don't be surprised..."

They are both GREAT I;m sending off to a few MEdia outlets...ILL BE BACK WITH A REPORT....Your great Dude!! I Challenge all here to send JUST ONE off to your local news PUBLICATION...get back here with any progress!!!:)

constituent
08-09-2007, 10:19 AM
let me know if you need anything else... just pm me or something. i can write for tv, radio, w/ever... just let me know.

deedles
08-09-2007, 10:24 AM
I have been in on two conference calls with national campaign HQ and they said "NO" to press releases. They don't want anything looking official that isn't officially from them.

Sorry to pour cold water on your idea but I heard it straight from the horses mouth and they were very adamant about it.

They said whenever we have contact with the press we have to make sure to let them know that we are talking and acting on our own behalf NOT on the behalf of the campaign.

Diana
Fox Valley Meetup Organizer

deedles
08-09-2007, 10:26 AM
and HQ will not sign off on it, they have to stay as separate from 'us' as possible. Go to www.paulforall.com and read "jen's blog" on the left side of the page. You'll understand why this is the case after that...

Diana

UtahApocalypse
08-09-2007, 10:36 AM
I have been in on two conference calls with national campaign HQ and they said "NO" to press releases. They don't want anything looking official that isn't officially from them.

Sorry to pour cold water on your idea but I heard it straight from the horses mouth and they were very adamant about it.

They said whenever we have contact with the press we have to make sure to let them know that we are talking and acting on our own behalf NOT on the behalf of the campaign.

Diana
Fox Valley Meetup Organizer

I second that and have heard the same thing many, many times.

constituent
08-09-2007, 10:52 AM
someone might want to contact ghemminger and let him know.