PDA

View Full Version : Please Hear Me Out, and Help Me Understand WTF is Going On....

nodope0695
02-06-2008, 02:15 AM
I have added the following donation confirmations (only the most recent) as proof that I am NOT a troll:

2/5/2008

Mr. Paul Green,
Thank you very much for your donation of $25.00 to the Ron Paul 2008 Presidential Campaign.
Your donation will allow us to expand and grow our campaign.
We depend on donors like you to help us spread the message of freedom, peace and prosperity through Ron Paulís candidacy.
Thanks for being a part of the campaign!
Your confirmation number:
T436397-113988811

Mr. Paul Green,
Thank you very much for your donation of $17.76 to the Committee to Re-Elect Ron Paul.
We depend on donors like you to help us spread the message of freedom, peace and prosperity.
T1078-113991632

2/1/2008:

Mr. Paul Green,
Thank you very much for your donation of $100.00 to the Ron Paul 2008 Presidential Campaign.
We depend on donors like you to help us spread the message of freedom, peace and prosperity through Ron Paulís candidacy.
T406699-113408982

1/31/2008

Your Receipt
Your contribution to The Ron Paul Newspaper has been processed via PayPal:
ChipIn Event Title: The Ron Paul Newspaper
ChipIn Event Organizer: Ron Paul Newspaper (crystal.broyles@gmail.com)
Transaction ID: 5135340fab76a252
Contribution Amount: $10.00
Contribution Date: January 31, 2008 10:10 AM GMT

Okay, now that you've seen my proof, I have a comment to make. I'm not here to bring down moral, nor am I here to be a nay-sayer. I just want some input. I want to know if people out there have a bigger perspective than I do.

Okay. I feel a little bit left out in the cold by the Official Campaign. I've put in some serious work for the campaign. I've almost maxed out my $2300. I've given to the congressional campaign. I've canvassed, distributed literature, sent out letters, made phone calls, became a precinct captain, organized a Meetup, and talked up RP to everybody who would listen.

I took the campaign at their word and believed they had some sort of big-picture stategy to win this thing. I assumed they'd use the money we donated wisely. Now, Super Tuesday has come and gone, and we've done DISMALLY. We won ZERO states, and only placed second in one. The states we'd been told we might win, we lost horribly. Where did all that money go and what good has it done to spread RP's mesage?

Since December 21, 2007, I've seen very little action from the campaign. I don't see ANY television ads, when I've seen them from ALL the other candidates. The only publicity RP is getting here in my part of MD is in the form of canvassing, and signs and banners that we, the grassroots, have put up.

People in my meetup ordered supplies weeks ago, and the campaign still hasn't sent them. I've had to inherit supplies from another supporter just to canvass before out primary on Feb. 12.

Why didn't Ron Paul's campaign manager call and demand equal time on the networks, to include seeking court orders for equal time under FCC rules? The campaign has been totally silent about this media blackout, and doesn't seem to care.

There is no local RP campaign office, at least not one I know of. This is a VERY conservative part of MD, so I would assume RP would do well to have a local office here.

If somebody could give me some reasons to revive my faith in Ron Paul campaign staffers, please feel free to pass them on to me. The impression I'm getting is that they're trying NOT to win. Where's their fire? Where's their grit? Where are their BALLS? I fear they have let Dr. Paul down.

The blame for today's sad, sad showing can be placed on the MSM, but must also be placed on the campaign manager and his staff. From what I've seen, we the grassroots have antied up and gone above and beyond what would normally be done by novice political activists.

Does all this mean I'm giving up? No way, Jose!! I just want some CONSTRUCTIVE feedback, and want to know if I'm alone in this feeling. My primary is on Feb 12, and we're going to be hitting the streets for Dr. Paul. I want to milk every last vote out of my precinct, then the precinct next to mine. I'm going to give it 110% because I don't see but 2% coming from the campaign.

MrZach
02-06-2008, 02:20 AM
I agree - with more than twice the income, you'd expect the campaign to be spending it on something that would get him some ATTENTION. Or at least hiring some people to do that...

I'm VERY confused with how the money is being spent...

user
02-06-2008, 02:21 AM
I think everyone agrees the campaign hasn't been perfect, but the bottom line may be that most people just wouldn't choose liberty.

nodope0695
02-06-2008, 02:28 AM
I think everyone agrees the campaign hasn't been perfect, but the bottom line may be that most people just wouldn't choose liberty.

You're right. People are voting for tyrrany and don't even know it.

Molly1
02-06-2008, 02:30 AM

They are like a diabetic that keeps eating sugar and walking around on open wounds.

They have no perceived sense of danger because it's still business as usual.

There's no pain in the foot, why should they be concerned?

They haven't gone into a coma yet, why be concerned?

And, they can't think ahead three steps to a logical conclusion of their behavior.

It's an extreme short sightedness.

Have you ever actually met sheep? Dumbest animals on the face of the earth.

well, peacocks might be dumber...

nodope0695
02-06-2008, 02:32 AM
They are like a diabetic that keeps eating sugar and walking around on open wounds.

And, they can't think ahead three steps to a logical conclusion of their behavior.

"...and accordingly all experiance hath shewn, that mankind are more disposed to suffer, while evils are sufferable, than to right themselves by abolishing the Forms to which they are accustomed." Declaration of Independence

amonasro
02-06-2008, 02:37 AM
The other campaigns had more time to prepare and organize. They had infrastructure in early states way before Ron did. Ron had 500K when McCain, Romney and Giuliani were actively spending millions. RP picked up momentum relatively late in the game. If his momentum keeps growing, which it will, it will work to our advantage as the "frontrunners" destroy each other. We are not out of this yet.

If we keep coming in "under the radar" and force a brokered convention, the MSM can be blamed for RP stealing the nomination out from under everyone's feet.

nodope0695
02-06-2008, 02:43 AM
The other campaigns had more time to prepare and organize. They had infrastructure in early states way before Ron did. Ron had 500K when McCain, Romney and Giuliani were actively spending millions. RP picked up momentum relatively late in the game. If his momentum keeps growing, which it will, it will work to our advantage as the "frontrunners" destroy each other. We are not out of this yet.

If we keep coming in "under the radar" and force a brokered convention, the MSM can be blamed for RP stealing the nomination out from under everyone's feet.

Hmmm...thats interesting. Kinda like a boxer letting his oponent wear himself out...

pacelli
02-06-2008, 02:55 AM
Why didn't Ron Paul's campaign manager call and demand equal time on the networks, to include seeking court orders for equal time under FCC rules? The campaign has been totally silent about this media blackout, and doesn't seem to care.

Valid question - I've maxed out myself & am focusing on ordering more supplies, our primary is May 6 in NC. I've often wondered why the campaign hasn't fought tooth and nail against the media in the form of a vicious campaign manager.

I think we can agree that the campaign has not been focused on getting RP mainstream media time. They've done a great job lately of getting him local interviews with various TV stations and they responded really fast to get Dr. Paul on the MTV debate. They got radio ads during Hannity & Rush's airtime on those stations, they dropped the ball on challenging NH (looks like Albert Howard & Bev Harris are working that angle), but they are looking into doing something about Louisiana. But you know, that still didn't cut it. Or did it?

Basically in pointing out all of the ineptitudes of the campaign (and they are numerous), we are proving that Ron Paul can get 500,000 people to vote for him, beat every "front runner" candidate except Romney, outlast Giuliani, and raise the most money out of all GOP candidates in the last quarter--- without much effort at all. They did nothing, and they got a big chunk of support.

The true measure of the campaign will be what they do in the morning. If they are truly just getting started (which is what Rand Paul said after Florida was over), if there is some plan for them to ramp it up, then we should notice a significant difference. If they want to sit on their hands for the rest of the election, then they are taking a gamble on how they'll be able to sway the delegates at the convention (assuming we meet the minimum requirements, and assuming that it is a brokered convention).

In my view, Ron wouldn't take that big of a gamble. They have to have a plan.

coffeewithchess
02-06-2008, 03:08 AM

I'm a diabetic and I'm almost insulted by this...let me go grab a snickers and cut off my insulin pump real fast like! I agree though, the public is absolutely STUPID, but the campaign HQ is even more stupid than the public...I haven't seen anything worth $17million from HQ...btw, check my signature for my Sheeple video.

nodope0695
02-06-2008, 03:13 AM
In my view, Ron wouldn't take that big of a gamble. They have to have a plan.

I'm kinda hoping Ron's plan is to fire the campaign manager and his entire inept staff and get somebody in there with an imagination.

ProfNo
02-06-2008, 03:19 AM
"...and accordingly all experiance hath shewn, that mankind are more disposed to suffer, while evils are sufferable, than to right themselves by abolishing the Forms to which they are accustomed." Declaration of Independence

This is the quote I kept thinking about all during Tuesday.

Regarding the campaign, I just don't know. And I don't think anyone on these boards can answer you question.

Fundamentally, it comes down to the American people. They are clearly accepting slavery over freedom.

coffeewithchess
02-06-2008, 03:19 AM
I'm kinda hoping Ron's plan is to fire the campaign manager and his entire inept staff and get somebody in there with an imagination.

Wishful thinking...HERE's WISHING!:D:D:D

coffeewithchess
02-06-2008, 03:21 AM

Regarding the campaign, I just don't know. And I don't think anyone on these boards can answer you question.

Fundamentally, it comes down to the American people. They are clearly accepting slavery over freedom.

Yea, the fact the majority of Americans are sheep doesn't excuse RP's crappy campaign though. I'm still hoping that RP's campaign will air at least one National TV ad...

ProfNo
02-06-2008, 03:37 AM
Yea, the fact the majority of Americans are sheep doesn't excuse RP's crappy campaign though. I'm still hoping that RP's campaign will air at least one National TV ad...

I would like to see this as well...I never saw an ad here in CA.

Highstreet
02-06-2008, 03:39 AM

We could start calling them peacocks.:D

Highstreet
02-06-2008, 04:04 AM

Creeping slavery......what's that quote from 1984 or Brave New World?

They will slowly aggregate power in the hands of the few, until one day the masses will beg to be fed.