PDA

View Full Version : Media Blackout & Campaign Blackout

ord33
02-06-2008, 02:04 AM
I have never once voiced any concern about the Ron Paul HQ Campaign. This is my first questioning of them whatsoever and I feel it is legitimate.

During the biggest day of the primary/caucus season so far the campaign releases how many press releases & new articles/post? 1 (That is one - about obtaining 3 delegates from WV).

Mike Huckabee? 4 SINCE 12:00 am EST THIS MORNING. And 14 for February 5th

John McCain (the first i have ever visited his site): 2 Press releases since 12:00 am this morning. 4 press releases for February 5th. 7 other new news related items posted on February 5th for a total of 11.

Mitt Romney: 3 Press Releases on February 5th and 3 other new news posts (6 total).

The media is all too happy to exclude Ron Paul from any coverage, but my opinion is that the campaign could interact with the media quite a bit better and at least try to get them to mention him. All of the other candidates had speeches afterward. I understand Dr. Paul is extremely busy and is back home in Lake Jackson, TX with his family, but I would think a 5 minute live feed interview would be within the realm of possibility to motivate us (the supporters). I think the media is definitely to blame, but the campaign isnt doing a whole lot to help the siutuation either.

I do understand there was not an abundance of great news coming out of tonight, but SOMETHING from Dr. Paul tonight would have been nice and could have been orchestrated by the campaign. I have never criticized Dr. Paul and dont see myself having any reason to, but the campaign, results, and media tonight have put me on a new level of frustration.

I'm in this for the long haul, but would appreciate some words from the campaign during arguably the most important day of the primary season so far.

firebirdnation
02-06-2008, 02:12 AM
I have been concerned about HQ for some time now, but I used to keep it to myself, but this is just too damn important to lose!

dkim68
02-06-2008, 02:35 AM
I've tried to contact our RP Illinois COMMUNICATIONS Director since November. Never one response from her.

Matt Collins
02-06-2008, 02:35 AM
Please distribute the below information to your meetup members. If the media starts to screw us tonight in their coverage, we need to flood their phone lines.

Here is the DIRECT line to the Fox News Desk in NYC:
212-301-5800

Here another number for them:
212-301-5860

If anyone cares it was listed here:

http://affiliates.foxnewsradio.com/media/static_content/FOX_Talk_Program_Clock.pdf

All story pitches from affiliates are directed here:
cnnfutures@cnn.com

PHONE NUMBERS:

CNN NewsDesk:
404-827-2759

CNN News Desk FAX:
404-827-3368

CBS News Contact Information

Howard Arenstein,
Executive Producer, at (202) 457-4561 or ArensteinH@cbsnews.com

CBS Radio News Desk: (888) 227-8900; (212) 975-1115; (212) 975-3615

Harvey Nagler, VP, News
212 975 2685; Email: hna@cbsnews.com

Jim Jones, VP,
301 628 2510; Email: jjones@westwoodone.com

Beth Robinson, V.P., Broadcast Operations
212 975 2044; Email Beth_Robinson@westwoodone.com

Constance Lloyd, General Manager
212 975 3257; Email cl1@cbsnews.com

Howard Arenstein, Washington Radio Bureau Chief
202 457 4561; Email HAX@cbsnews.com

Contact Howard about daily news coverage in Washington, D.C. and Weekend Roundup
Aliah Git, Executive Editor
212 975 7730, Email: gita@cbsnews.com

Contact Aliah about daily news coverage and special events
Charlie Kaye, Executive Producer
212 975 3791; Email cka@cbsnews.com

Contact Charlie about daily news coverage and special events
Linda Coombs, Manager of Operations
212 975 6952; Email: lco@cbsnews.com

Craig Swagler, Special Events, Executive Producer
212 975 7631; Fax 212 975 7632; Email swaglerc@cbsnews.com

Contact Craig to arrange special events coverage, planning and credentials

Ingrid Belqaid, Newsroom Coordinator
212 975 9424; Email ihu@cbsnews.com
Contact Ingrid for payments, story research, CBS art and logos, and 60 Minutes information

Phil Chin, Producer, Osgood File
212 975 2874; Email: pchin@cbs.com

Central Control
212 975 2021

Contact Central Control for technical needs and questions
Broadcast Operations
212 975 2021

Taken from:

http://affiliates.westwoodone.com/content/technical-clocks/news/CBS%20Affiliate%20Program%20Book%2010-07.pdf

nodope0695
02-06-2008, 02:40 AM
I'm right with you brother. I've never been one to compain about the campaing, and I've NEVER critisized Dr. Paul. But now I AM complaining about the Camapaign, it's manager, and it's total inaction regarding media in this campaign. They should have demanded equal time, even gone so far as taking legal action and obtaining court orders. I have not seen ONE SINGLE television ad here in my part of Maryland. Not ONE!! All the other candidates have had ads, but not us.

The campaign has failed to deliver materials to supporters here that were ordered WEEKS ago.

A shake up might be good. I trust Dr. Paul's judgement, but I don't trust his campaign staff.

coffeewithchess
02-06-2008, 02:55 AM
I have never once voiced any concern about the Ron Paul HQ Campaign. This is my first questioning of them whatsoever and I feel it is legitimate.

During the biggest day of the primary/caucus season so far the campaign releases how many press releases & new articles/post? 1 (That is one - about obtaining 3 delegates from WV).

Mike Huckabee? 4 SINCE 12:00 am EST THIS MORNING. And 14 for February 5th

John McCain (the first i have ever visited his site): 2 Press releases since 12:00 am this morning. 4 press releases for February 5th. 7 other new news related items posted on February 5th for a total of 11.

Mitt Romney: 3 Press Releases on February 5th and 3 other new news posts (6 total).

The media is all too happy to exclude Ron Paul from any coverage, but my opinion is that the campaign could interact with the media quite a bit better and at least try to get them to mention him. All of the other candidates had speeches afterward. I understand Dr. Paul is extremely busy and is back home in Lake Jackson, TX with his family, but I would think a 5 minute live feed interview would be within the realm of possibility to motivate us (the supporters). I think the media is definitely to blame, but the campaign isnt doing a whole lot to help the siutuation either.

I do understand there was not an abundance of great news coming out of tonight, but SOMETHING from Dr. Paul tonight would have been nice and could have been orchestrated by the campaign. I have never criticized Dr. Paul and dont see myself having any reason to, but the campaign, results, and media tonight have put me on a new level of frustration.

I'm in this for the long haul, but would appreciate some words from the campaign during arguably the most important day of the primary season so far.

Welcome to the club of concern about the HQ...HQ has been my biggest complaint forever. The RP grassroots is absolutely amazing. The only reason RP has gotten as far as he has is because of the grassroots, IMO.

coffeewithchess
02-06-2008, 02:59 AM
The campaign has failed to deliver materials to supporters here that were ordered WEEKS ago.

A shake up might be good. I trust Dr. Paul's judgement, but I don't trust his campaign staff.

We had some New York supporters tell us the same thing about not getting supplies and we had to rush shipments of our own supplies up to them because they weren't getting their orders from HQ...also, a shake up should have happened after New Hampshire...if anything, the grassroots will get RP to the White House with the media blackout and the inept HQ...the grassroots will fly RP to the roof of the White House in the blimp...

Napoleon's Shadow
08-15-2011, 12:16 PM
Ahh the memories