PDA

View Full Version : Ron Paul to be on C-SPAN2 tonight

tangent4ronpaul
08-08-2007, 04:05 PM
Check the schedule for the exact time. C-SPAN does not have him listed yet, but has nothing listed after about 8:30pm EST. Their entire schedule tonight is in flux due to the space shuttle launch, that they are covering.

again, this is C-SPAN2

http://inside.c-spanarchives.org:8080/cspan/schedule.csp

Nathan

RaptorNtc
08-08-2007, 04:32 PM
09:01 PM EDT
0:24 (est.)
Speech
Paul Campaign Event
Paul Presidential Campaign
Ron Paul , R, Texas

tangent4ronpaul
08-08-2007, 04:34 PM
9pm EST

-n

Hurricane Bruiser
08-08-2007, 04:41 PM
Someone get this on video plezezezezez

Shink
08-08-2007, 07:25 PM
Get the man some water, shit!

(watch right now)

ThePieSwindler
08-08-2007, 07:27 PM
Get the man some water, shit!

(watch right now)

didn't see it.... why did he need some water?

ChristopherJ
08-08-2007, 07:28 PM
I just caught the end of this. Dr Paul looked like he was going to drop from dehydration. He looked like he couldn't wait to get into that air conditioned car.

Hurricane Bruiser
08-08-2007, 07:28 PM
It must be really hot there!

It sure is here in Parkersburg, WV

He was sweating a bunch.

Shink
08-08-2007, 07:30 PM
didn't see it.... why did he need some water?

Poor guy was sweating pretty badly in the face. He looked a bit weary after what must have been at least a couple hours of meet and greet. He was talking like he was tired, too. Someone should try and keep some cold water around when he does these things.

ape
08-08-2007, 07:30 PM
Yeah it looked hot and humid out there, and it was night!. Paul was sweatin bad, good thing he had a hanky. He was greeting iowans, it was nice. Some guy mentioned alex jones ( I know ) and how he listened to him all the time, then he introduced Paul to his son.

BLS
08-08-2007, 07:31 PM
Is it over?

Marshall
08-08-2007, 07:33 PM
Damn, just missed it I guess. Anyone have a synopsis?

Paulitician
Clip? I want to see Ron Paul sweating :)

OURPLAN
I wish I could afford to be his water/towel girl.

He is working his tail off!

Hang in there Dr. Paul,
we love you!

Shink
It must be really hot there!

It sure is here in Parkersburg, WV

He was sweating a bunch.

Yeah, hot and humid here in Iowa.

0zzy
08-08-2007, 07:34 PM
Kidding? I missed it! I missed it!?! I was right next to my TV! I'm dumb. I get distracted too easily.

Ann Kobialka
08-08-2007, 07:36 PM
Some fellow said he had recieved one of the cd's being handed out door to door . Said he had stopped voting. Watched the cd and was going to vote for Dr. Paul. Nice job with the cd's they are working Ann

Johnnybags
08-08-2007, 07:36 PM
Kidding? I missed it! I missed it!?! I was right next to my TV! I'm dumb. I get distracted too easily.

for a few months, it helps with distraction but may cause suicide,nausea,sexual dysfunction,kidney and liver failure, heart valve problems, vomiting, and occasional diahrea.

ShaneC
08-08-2007, 07:37 PM
Yeah, hot and humid here in Iowa.

I thought I heard someone say it was still in the upper 90s at the time.

We're down to 94 here in VA as of 9:37pm. (yay?)

Darren McFillintheBlank

Marshall
Some fellow said he had recieved one of the cd's being handed out door to door . Said he had stopped voting. Watched the cd and was going to vote for Dr. Paul. Nice job with the cd's they are working Ann

What DVD?

Shink
08-08-2007, 07:39 PM
I would assume it'll replay sometime soon. I missed most of it myself, just caught some as I got home.

Ann Kobialka
08-08-2007, 07:40 PM
the 13,000 dvd's paid for and produced by a group here on the forums coordinated with a group in Iowa given out the last 2 weekends by group of Iowans and out of state volunteers. Ann

Ron Paul Fan
08-08-2007, 07:43 PM

According to the schedule, it'll be on again at 12:30 AM ET so you can catch it then or tape it if you missed it.

Dary
08-08-2007, 07:44 PM
Long haired old hippie guy: "I got tired of voting becuase the people's vote don't count."

Ron Paul "I don't blame you"

Marshall
08-08-2007, 07:46 PM
the 13,000 dvd's paid for and produced by a group here on the forums coordinated with a group in Iowa given out the last 2 weekends by group of Iowans and out of state volunteers. Ann

Well unfortunately I'm a late bloomer as far as Ron Paul goes. If the DVDs went over so well, any chance you could let me know whats on them so I could reproduce them for free distribution?

P.S. 13,000 ... thats really amazing, bully to you for that

Dary
08-08-2007, 07:48 PM
Well unfortunately I'm a late bloomer as far as Ron Paul goes. If the DVDs went over so well, any chance you could let me know whats on them so I could reproduce them for free distribution?

Better late than never! Welcome aboard.

ThePieSwindler
08-08-2007, 07:52 PM

Late bloomer? Dude its not even labor day yet lol. Anyone whos a paulite before Ron really takes off is part of the old guard.

Ann Kobialka
08-08-2007, 07:58 PM
Marshall go to page 35 click on
The great Iowa DVD a thon report
Welcome aboard Ann

silverhandorder
08-08-2007, 08:03 PM
Late bloomer? Dude its not even labor day yet lol. Anyone whos a paulite before Ron really takes off is part of the old guard.

Haha I like that The Old Guard :D.

Shink
08-08-2007, 08:05 PM

According to the schedule, it'll be on again at 12:30 AM ET so you can catch it then or tape it if you missed it.

Thanks for that link! *Ahem* WATCH IT AT 12:30 EASTERN, 11:30 CENTRAL, 10:30 MOUNTAIN, AND 9:30 PACIFIC! (Have to reiterate that...I'll be watching too, myself)

Marshall
08-08-2007, 08:10 PM
Marshall go to page 35 click on
The great Iowa DVD a thon report
Welcome aboard Ann

Thanks I'll get right to that.

And as for everything else. Well, maybe early for most people but this is only the second presidential election I've been able to vote in, so I'm really excited by a incredible candidate that is running in a mainstream. Before I voted Libertarian because the party made a great deal of sense to me, even though the general consensus is that a vote for a third party is a wasted vote. Like they said in South Park, when you're stuck between two candidates you're voting between a Giant Douche and a Turd Sandwich.

Darren McFillintheBlank
08-08-2007, 10:28 PM

Shink
08-08-2007, 10:31 PM
good, two threads mentioning it...turn it on, folks.

Dustancostine
08-08-2007, 10:33 PM
Somebody youtube it please :)

Darren McFillintheBlank
08-08-2007, 10:34 PM

MadEmperor
08-08-2007, 10:40 PM
Somebody youtube it please :)

+1

Shink
08-08-2007, 10:42 PM
I liked Ron Paul taking on the pro-life woman so easily. I'm pro-choice, but he showed her that he has THE correct position for every American on the subject.

lbrtylvr
08-08-2007, 10:45 PM
Dr. Paul needs to ditch the shirt and tie and wear a polo or something when he is campaigning in the August Midwestern heat or he is going to pass out.

0zzy
08-08-2007, 10:47 PM
I liked Ron Paul taking on the pro-life woman so easily. I'm pro-choice, but he showed her that he has THE correct position for every American on the subject.

Exactly.

Darren McFillintheBlank
08-08-2007, 10:48 PM

Darren McFillintheBlank
08-08-2007, 10:50 PM

Chelle
08-08-2007, 10:51 PM
Everybody seems pretty receptive so far........how could they NOT be
:)

inibo
08-08-2007, 10:51 PM
Well unfortunately I'm a late bloomer as far as Ron Paul goes.

Welcome on board the Freedom Train. Enjoy the ride.

Shink
08-08-2007, 10:53 PM
Are these folks mostly Iowans or are there alot of out-of-staters in this group?

He has a nice sized crowd.

Most out-of-staters aren't going to be in Fairfield right now. They're mostly Iowans, with probably a healthy minority of out-of-staters that wanted to see him speak.

Dave
08-08-2007, 10:57 PM
Are these folks mostly Iowans or are there alot of out-of-staters in this group?

He has a nice sized crowd.

I was there. There were very few out-of-staters there. The RP organizers in Fairfield are extremely well-organized and well-connected in their town.

Kuldebar
08-08-2007, 10:57 PM
Dr. Paul was working hard at that campaign appearance! All those people, I got tired and worn out just watching it!

RockEnds
08-08-2007, 11:05 PM
Hey Dave, I was there also. Sorry I don't know you. I was the really sweaty woman chasing the overactive two-year-old just to the right of Dr. Paul when he was speaking. Gee, I hope I didn't inspire the ritalin part. :o

I've been gone a couple days, but I'll be online for an hour or two this evening. I got a call tonight about the CSpan thing, so I thought I'd come on here and see if there was any buzz about it.

Fairfield is a college town. Maharishi International University is located there. The college population there can easily be 50 something. I was really glad to see locals and college people both there and supporting Dr. Paul.

The college has its own political party--at least they used to. It was called the Natural Law Party. They're very unified, and they would be a good source of support for Dr. Paul. They're worldwide.

torchbearer
08-08-2007, 11:06 PM
i love hearing this things

RockEnds
08-08-2007, 11:13 PM
Yes. MIU is really organized. Maharishi is the guru that John and Yoko Lennon were hooked up with. That ended badly, but Maharishi went on. They have some fairly powerful affiliations. They're nothing to sneeze at.

torchbearer
08-08-2007, 11:19 PM
Yes. MIU is really organized. Maharishi is the guru that John and Yoko Lennon were hooked up with. That ended badly, but Maharishi went on. They have some fairly powerful affiliations. They're nothing to sneeze at.

wait- someone connected to john lennon is helping ron paul's army?

RockEnds
08-08-2007, 11:26 PM
Well, I wouldn't put it that way. I think they parted ways badly. It would probably be a bad thing to make a positive association over. But they do have a few celebs in and out. I don't know. I'm a local. They're the college. I've had a couple friends who went there. People come and go from there. I'll let you guys do your own research on the college and make up your own minds about it. I have to live here.

But the college is really organized. Their people own several businesses. There's always controversy around them, though. They were in a big public domain fight with a local century farm very recently. It makes relations between the college and the locals tense sometimes. I was glad to see both sides there supporting Dr. Paul.

Syren123
08-08-2007, 11:28 PM
wait- someone connected to john lennon is helping ron paul's army?

John Lennon was about freedom and liberty and love and nonjudgment, if nothing else. If Maharishi U students support Ron Paul, it's safe to say that the philosophies mesh.

Not a big John Lennon fan myself, and I'm old enough to remember him, but I've always respected what he stood and went out on a limb for. People who say they don't support Ron Paul (because they're pro-war or whatever, like Dennis Miller) say the same thing, that they respect what he's about and acknowledge him for his integrity.

RockEnds
08-08-2007, 11:36 PM
Yes. I was like--born--when that was all going on. The college has been here since I was a teenager.

One of the Beach Boys was associated with the college for awhile. I don't know which one. They may still be involved.

The college is about peace and love--sort of. It grew out of the movement of the late 60's and early 70's. They practice TM. But they're really business oriented now, and they're very politically motivated. It's good to see them taking an interest.

Sematary
08-08-2007, 11:45 PM
Is there video of this?

RockEnds
08-08-2007, 11:51 PM
Yes, the links were on another thread:

Part 1: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Vc2R4D8jww
Part 2: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v_umwAcYZOo
Part 3: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=djglUt_VePQ

RockEnds
08-08-2007, 11:54 PM
For the record, they changed their name. Sorry, I live in the past. Instead of Maharishi International University, it is now Maharishi University of Management.

http://www.mum.edu/

LibertyEagle
08-09-2007, 12:18 AM
I just hope they have an AC for their tent on Saturday.

Churchill2004
08-09-2007, 12:28 AM
While he was obviously suffering from the heat, that looked like a pretty good segment. He obviously didn't "connect" with everybody who walked up to him, but he did listen to any one who had anything to say.

What the fark was up with the crazy light-of-god lady? There was the woman who gave him a rose for "uniting spirituality and politics", and then there was the absolutely crazy one who obviously thought she was delivering a message from god. I'm not saying Paul should have confronted them or anything, but damn. That's a little screwed up. Still, I've pledged to never begrudge anyone their support for Paul.

RockEnds
08-09-2007, 12:32 AM
Those are the college people. :)

Shink
08-09-2007, 12:35 AM
People should take coolers with ice and water bottles, not only enough for them, but some extra in the off chance Ron needs some or another supporter's hardcore antics are pushing them to dehydration.

JosephTheLibertarian
08-09-2007, 01:21 AM
Yeah, that pro choice lady was getting a bit annoying. I would have handled her by just saying: leave it to the states, then defend that view against anything she said. If she said something like "but shouldn't it be every woman's right?" you could say, but what about state's rights? Each state would ideally decide based on their constituents. The more red states will learn pro life while the blue states will lean pro choice, then you'll have the "battle states" that could go either way.

If we choose to have universal pro life in America, we would inflame pro choice people, there would be tons of illegal abortions. If we decide on universal pro choice, we would inflame pro lifers, so the best solution is to leave it at the local level, everyone wins. The more complicating the issue, the more you leave it to the states to decide, not the federal government.

Personally, I wouldn't want a gf of mine getting an abortion, unless it's a medical reason, but I don't care if some people I never met have an abortion, it should be a choice, I just think it'd be better handled at the state level as it's such an emotional issue.

Kuldebar
08-09-2007, 01:32 AM
Yeah, that pro choice lady was getting a bit annoying. I would have handled her by just saying: leave it to the states, then defend that view against anything she said. If she said something like "but shouldn't it be every woman's right?" you could say, but what about state's rights? Each state would ideally decide based on their constituents. The more red states will learn pro life while the blue states will lean pro choice, then you'll have the "battle states" that could go either way.

If we choose to have universal pro life in America, we would inflame pro choice people, there would be tons of illegal abortions. If we decide on universal pro choice, we would inflame pro lifers, so the best solution is to leave it at the local level, everyone wins. The more complicating the issue, the more you leave it to the states to decide, not the federal government.

Personally, I wouldn't want a gf of mine getting an abortion, unless it's a medical reason, but I don't care if some people I never met have an abortion, it should be a choice, I just think it'd be better handled at the state level as it's such an emotional issue.

Yeah, it's a sticky wicket all around. I have had my time back and forth on the issue, but I am starting to see it more in terms of how Paul sees it. It's uncomfortable for people to see it that way, but that probably a good sign that it's the morally correct viewpoint. The truth hurts.

Once you accept that the fetus is alive...you have a problem.

JosephTheLibertarian
08-09-2007, 01:39 AM
Yeah, it's a sticky wicket all around. I have had my time back and forth on the issue, but I am starting to see it more in terms of how Paul sees it. It's uncomfortable for people to see it that way, but that probably a good sign that it's the morally correct viewpoint. The truth hurts.

Once you accept that the fetus is alive...you have a problem.

yup. I am odd on the issue. In one instance, I wouldn't support a gf of mine having an abortion, unless it's medical reasons, but I don't care what other people do. So would I necessarily want a universal pro choice act? hmmm if we didn't have states, I'd probably support the government just leaving the issue alone, but we don't, so the federal gov should stay out of it and leave it to the states to decide on how they're going to deal with it.

I am pro choice leaning though. The main issue is when do you define life. I really don't know, maybe it's not for politicians to decide? Maybe there is no clear answer? It's not cut and dry. I'd personally go with the pro choice crowd, the only problem with me is that I support state's rights, so why should we make it universal pro choice and overrule states entirely? Why even have states any longer if we were to do something like that?

The federal government is supposed to be representative of the states. State politicians are supposed to be representative of the people. If you choose things at the federal level, then you're essentially taking a bunch of states views and imposing it on other states.

Kuldebar
08-09-2007, 01:41 AM
While he was obviously suffering from the heat, that looked like a pretty good segment. He obviously didn't "connect" with everybody who walked up to him, but he did listen to any one who had anything to say.

What the fark was up with the crazy light-of-god lady? There was the woman who gave him a rose for "uniting spirituality and politics", and then there was the absolutely crazy one who obviously thought she was delivering a message from god. I'm not saying Paul should have confronted them or anything, but damn. That's a little screwed up. Still, I've pledged to never begrudge anyone their support for Paul.

LOL I love it! It reminds us that America is truly made up of individuals, and many people appear really "weird" until you get to know them.

The "uniting spirituality and politics" remark was really nice and Paul seemed to agree. Because he is reminding us all of the moral implications of politics.

I think we get used to hypocrites preaching their skewed morals that we forget morality is an ideal that we should all seek to uphold in our daily lives and in our government. For those inclined to believe in God, they would do well to remember that even God chose to allow mankind free will and the freedom to pursue a destiny.

There is a moral lesson in that. :)

Kuldebar
08-09-2007, 01:43 AM
yup. I am odd on the issue. In one instance, I wouldn't support a gf of mine having an abortion, unless it's medical reasons, but I don't care what other people do. So would I necessarily want a universal pro choice act? hmmm if we didn't have states, I'd probably support the government just leaving the issue alone, but we don't, so the federal gov should stay out of it and leave it to the states to decide on how they're going to deal with it.

I am pro choice leaning though. The main issue is when do you define life. I really don't know, maybe it's not for politicians to decide? Maybe there is no clear answer? It's not cut and dry.

I hear you. Like Paul said, the more difficult the issue, the better it is to have it dealt with at the lowest level possible.

JosephTheLibertarian
08-09-2007, 01:55 AM
Even if a law in a state were to come up allowing women to choose, why do we need a law stating that people have a right to choose? Do we have a law that people have a right to choose between tap water and bottled water? Maybe a bad analogy lol

Are you a libertarian? I think Ron Paul did great, it's hard to be 100% on everyday, especially in dealing with humidity and being tired.

Kuldebar
08-09-2007, 02:15 AM
Even if a law in a state were to come up allowing women to choose, why do we need a law stating that people have a right to choose? Do we have a law that people have a right to choose between tap water and bottled water? Maybe a bad analogy lol

Are you a libertarian? I think Ron Paul did great, it's hard to be 100% on everyday, especially in dealing with humidity and being tired.

Used to be a big "L" as in party member. The whole key with abortion is defining what a life is, in my opinion that's the crux of the issue, after that, things start falling into place fairly quickly.

But, of course, we aren't close to a consensus on this. I, personally would rather error on the side of life.

Regarding framing abortion as a right, I don't agree. It's either a crime or a medical procedure. The crime side of it would have differing stipulations that varied from state to state, obviously. And,the medical procedure aspect would just be that: between a woman and her physician. Hmm, but, what of the father?

So, I am more comfortable with these issues being a state/local government or individual issue because no one has the perfect answer and we owe it to ourselves to seek the answer as freely as possible.

Ultimately, I'd love to live in a society inclined to reject the idea of an abortion, not via laws but with a shared sense of morality on the issue.

JosephTheLibertarian
08-09-2007, 02:39 AM
I guess I'd have to disagree. I'd support women's right to choose at the state level. I think of drugs as a testament to what happens when you criminalize it. What happens? It goes to the underground. There would simply be tons of illegal abortions, just like there is an underground of people doing drugs.

I already thought of it in lines of murder, I have. I thought about serial killers, that's why murder is not legal, there's people out there would love to kill people, but is it true with abortion? Are there women that LOVE having abortions? Nope. If there is, that'd be a first for me, probably some underlining mental illness. Also, having an abortion decreases your chances of pregnancy, yes? This may be a good punishment. I was told by an ex that it's true, I'm not sure if it is. Women often times go through depression afterwards, so why are we going to go and arrest her? No woman enjoys having an abortion, there is no "serial abortists," this is pretty much my argument on the abortion issue.

I think certain LATE abortions are disgusting, but I tend to think on principle. I'd oppose federal or state funding.

Kuldebar
08-09-2007, 02:48 AM
I guess I'd have to disagree. I'd support women's right to choose at the state level. I think of drugs as a testament to what happens when you criminalize it. What happens? It goes to the underground. There would simply be tons of illegal abortions, just like there is an underground of people doing drugs.

I already thought of it in lines of murder, I have. I thought about serial killers, that's why murder is not legal, there's people out there would love to kill people, but is it true with abortion? Are there women that LOVE having abortions? Nope. If there is, that'd be a first for me, probably some underlining mental illness. Also, having an abortion decreases your chances of pregnancy, yes? This may be a good punishment. I was told by an ex that it's true, I'm not sure if it is. Women often times go through depression afterwards, so why are we going to go and arrest her? No woman enjoys having an abortion, there is no "serial abortists," this is pretty much my argument on the abortion issue.

I think certain LATE abortions are disgusting, but I tend to think on principle. I'd oppose federal or state funding.

Right as in access is one thing, pronouncing it as a right, is another thing entirely. But, I' not sure what you are disagreeing with, because, as I said: So, I am more comfortable with these issues being a state/local government or individual issue because no one has the perfect answer and we owe it to ourselves to seek the answer as freely as possible.

I do, however, believe that in a civil society, abortions would be considered a morally flawed procedure.

Electric Church
08-09-2007, 03:32 AM
Yes, the links were on another thread:

Part 1: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Vc2R4D8jww
Part 2: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v_umwAcYZOo
Part 3: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=djglUt_VePQ

Thanks for posting these:)

joshuastjohn
08-09-2007, 04:03 AM
I'm not sure if it's the same thing but I was watching CSPAN this morning before work and something Ron Paul related is going to be on at 6:35am ET.