PDA

View Full Version : We tried our best

Xenophage
02-06-2008, 01:44 AM
I'm as disappointed over this loss as you can be. I was positive we'd beat Huckabee and McCain both up here.

We couldn't have done more to win Alaska.

GOP is losing a lot of membership in the coming weeks including mine.

Obama will be our next President.

I came into this movement believing that Ron Paul couldn't win, but as time went on, I got more and more optimistic and less apathetic. Sigh. I feel the apathy washing over me again.

coyote_sprit
02-06-2008, 01:50 AM
All is not lost atleast you tried and don't get apathetic, I'll support RP through the shit times and it will eventually pay off. The GOP can't win and Hillary is leading the Dems, I hate saying third party and independent but we might have a real shot with 2 war mongers and the peace lovers wanting PEACE.

statesman
02-06-2008, 01:51 AM
I will be leaving the GOP too... that is the only way they will know how bad they're destroying the party

hahajohnnyb
02-06-2008, 02:06 AM
I'm heart broken, but this is not the end. The organization that has sprung up around Ron Paul might be the future for this country. Unfortunately our fellow countrymen chose wrong.

GryphonsClaw
02-06-2008, 02:12 AM
I'm as disappointed over this loss as you can be. I was positive we'd beat Huckabee and McCain both up here.

We couldn't have done more to win Alaska.

GOP is losing a lot of membership in the coming weeks including mine.

Obama will be our next President.

I came into this movement believing that Ron Paul couldn't win, but as time went on, I got more and more optimistic and less apathetic. Sigh. I feel the apathy washing over me again.

This is about a movement. Do not loose site of what we have accomplished. We have united together with people who feel the same way. We have gotten the message out. If we do not give up they will have to acknowledge us. There are still 20 states left. Let's not quit now. Get the word out there.

RonPaulFTW08
02-06-2008, 02:15 AM
I just don't believe he didnt' win first in AK. There has to be some kind of fraud somewhere along the line..

MrZach
02-06-2008, 02:16 AM
Don't leave just yet. Think long term. Think Sun Tzu's art of war. Think espionage and secrecy.

Read on...
http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=101426

Xenophage
02-06-2008, 02:39 AM
I just don't believe he didnt' win first in AK. There has to be some kind of fraud somewhere along the line..

Ballot counting was video taped by Ron Paul grassroots supporters. We made that happen after bitching about it quite a bit. No fraud...

just fucking stupid ass people voting!! LOTS of them!!!!!!!!

The MORONS were out in FORCE today!

colin1
02-06-2008, 08:28 AM
I will be leaving the GOP too... that is the only way they will know how bad they're destroying the party

NO!!!!

That's what the war-mongering neo-con scum want! Remember the Old Right and Taft wing of the Republican party. We have to recapture this party and send those ex-commies packing. :D

tpreitzel
02-06-2008, 08:31 AM
NO!!!!

That's what the war-mongering neo-con scum want! Remember the Old Right and Taft wing of the Republican party. We have to recapture this party and send those ex-commies packing. :D

I agree 100%! BTW, you Alaskans did fine! Ron received 5 delegates. There's absolutely no need for discouragement.

tpreitzel
02-06-2008, 08:52 AM
Adding to Colin's admonition to stay in the GOP, if the GOP is holding an annual party (fund raiser) in your area, be prepared to attend. Pay the $100 or so and rent a suit if you must. Ron needs ALL of us in positions of power within the GOP.Taking the GOP back will require long term commitment and PART of Ron Paul's effort includes our effort to retake the GOP.

shooter_tx
02-06-2008, 09:12 AM
Adding to Colin's admonition to stay in the GOP, if the GOP is holding an annual party (fund raiser) in your area, be prepared to attend. Pay the $100 or so and rent a suit if you must. Ron needs ALL of us in positions of power within the GOP.Taking the GOP back will require long term commitment and PART of Ron Paul's effort includes our effort to retake the GOP.
Yes. Unfortunately, it's about more than voting. It's about controlling. :(

samwe
02-07-2008, 01:34 PM
Ballot counting was video taped by Ron Paul grassroots supporters. We made that happen after bitching about it quite a bit. No fraud...

just fucking stupid ass people voting!! LOTS of them!!!!!!!!

The MORONS were out in FORCE today!

Alaska has lots of Mormons. They vote, and they stick together. It is no surprise really.
Also, many people are registered as independents as fallout for some of the republican ethics issues.
They were unable to vote in this primary.

seapilot
02-07-2008, 02:32 PM
Alaskans stay with RP! The RP supporters in AK are more organized and larger than the established GOP party here. With Romney dropping out we might be able to secure more unbound delegates.