PDA

View Full Version : are you serious about liberty?

bootstrap
02-06-2008, 01:42 AM
Are you serious about liberty? Are you willing to watch another country develop along the lines of fascist/nazi germany - even knowing full well that countries can and do? This is not joke, folks. This is not fantasy. You will not wake up tomorrow to find the last few years/decades were just a bad dream. And no, the USA is not "special" - not in any way that will protect it from fascism/statism/tyranny/authoritarianism. Game over, already.

So what are honest, serious, dedicated liberty lovers to do? No wishful thinking in this thread - take fantasy anywhere else. What realistic options remain?

1: Game not yet over, keep pushing until each person truly believes all feasible options are gone. I will criticize nobody for pushing forward until their own sense of reality sez "this direction is a dead end". For those in this camp, I offer one idea: the final (but very different) "money bomb". Get every liberty lover to cash in every US stock, US bond, US financial instrument [all on the same day], and convert the sum total of their non-real-estate assets into gold, silver, platinum, choose-your-favorite-real-asset. What kind of morons are we --- if we hold "federal reserve notes" (or anything denominated in those fictional units)? Really? Think about that one for awhile? Anyway, though the odds are very, extremely long, it is true that strange things can happen. So, it *is* possible that Ron Paul could win a write-in general election *IF* (but only if) the economy totally crashes and burns before election day. The economy is crashing, and will continue to crash (and the powers-that-be want it to crash, because they know the population will beg for nazi-like government "solutions" when that happens). However, there is a [very, very] slim chance enough americans would remember only Ron Paul talked about economic collapse (in the debates, and elsewhere). So, if you believe this, get the "alternate money bomb" plan organized very soon.

2: If the campaign has some viable "secret plan" --- the time to announce is now, before too many supporters drift away.

3: Move elsewhere. This is a much more viable option than many people believe. Liberty is a condition, not a place, not a country, and certainly not the USSA. I planned to leave the USSA before I learned RonPaul was running - and wisely let my countdown clock continue running (T minus [a very few] months now).

I am open to more ideas. Got any? But do not act like typical fantasy-driven americans. Being fooled by lies, scams, pleasant-sounding fantasy is what converted people in this country from reality-oriented liberty advocates, to spoiled rotten morons, utterly detached from reality (intellectually).

Perhaps those of us who really, really, honestly *are* serious about liberty to form groups focused on alternate means of attaining liberty (in various ways, to various degrees, as practical). I have much to offer in a couple ways, given years of planning and thought and investigation. I'm sure others have some good ideas too, and perhaps the more serious of us can plant and nourish some practical seeds in practical ways and practical places. I am convinced the USSA is the last place we are likely to have a good chance for liberty, because power-lusters are always most interested in taking over places with the most power (economic, military, etc). The usupers of liberty are the richest bastards on the planet - and their focus is the USSA for the near/forseeable future. That's just the way it is.

Other alternatives for practical liberty --- as real as we can find-it and make-it?

tomveil
02-06-2008, 01:51 AM
Normally I'd lean twords sticking it out, and building up a movement to take back the country.

If the country's only problem were the politics, that would be the way to go.

However, the ECONOMY is what's going to bring this country down. And as much as I want to help the cause, I don't want to get drug down with the sinking ship, either.

I would be VERY interested in a relocation of some kind, preferrably outside the country. And maybe after hard work and enlightment, I'd be able to come back and once again be pround to be American.

molly_pitcher
02-06-2008, 01:56 AM
This election has made me a bit prouder of my roots. I'm already feelin the positive side of all this, and win or loose I'm a better person. That is all that matters.