PDA

View Full Version : Here´s the Reality For You All!

qwerty
02-06-2008, 01:17 AM
A friend of mine asked me tonight, “Should Ron Paul just quit? I never hear of him on the news so he can’t be doing very well today (Super Tuesday).” Here is my reply to him:

I don’t care what the liberal media is saying, he has,

2nd place in Nevada

2nd place in Louisiana (possibly first once they get it sorted out)

2nd place in Montana

2nd place in Maine

3rd place in Utah

3rd place in North Dakota

There is about 21 more states left to vote,

He has plenty of money,

No one has even close to enough delegates to take the nomination,

He has the only true Republican stance on the issues,

He is the only candidate who believes our government should follow ALL of the Constitution,

Quit?

Not even close. Keep fighting, Ron Paul is!

Well said. And while the momentum John McCain has been gaining lately may appear daunting, Ron Paul supporters are the ones who should be least intimidated by it, because as the other, fraudulent alternatives to John McCain fail one by one — Mitt Romney is certainly on the ropes after tonight, especially if, as appears to be the case, he loses California to McCain — the real alternative to McCain-ism, Ron Paul, will only become more attractive to conservative Republican voters.

Indeed, it’s interesting to note that so many of the states McCain won tonight were blue states which any Republican (except the antiwar Dr. Paul) will have a hard, if not impossible, time winning in November. And despite his wins tonight, McCain does not have a majority of Republican National Delegates, so the fight for the nomination is still very much on.

http://people.ronpaul2008.com/campaign-updates

qwerty
02-06-2008, 01:18 AM
D-O-N-A-T-E N-O-W!!!!

And encourage EVERYONE YOU KNOW TO DO SAME!

:cool:

qwerty
02-06-2008, 01:20 AM
GET DONATIONS TO CONTINUE THE CAMPAIGN!

IT`S CRUCIAL NOW!!!!

RPinUptownChi
02-06-2008, 01:20 AM
--

qwerty
02-06-2008, 01:22 AM
Some TROLL 1 starred this thread!

Please, 5 star this thread and bump this one, that everyone can see it!

the_bee
02-06-2008, 01:24 AM
Well said. And while the momentum John McCain has been gaining lately may appear daunting, Ron Paul supporters are the ones who should be least intimidated by it, because as the other, fraudulent alternatives to John McCain fail one by one — Mitt Romney is certainly on the ropes after tonight, especially if, as appears to be the case, he loses California to McCain — the real alternative to McCain-ism, Ron Paul, will only become more attractive to conservative Republican voters.

Indeed, it’s interesting to note that so many of the states McCain won tonight were blue states which any Republican (except the antiwar Dr. Paul) will have a hard, if not impossible, time winning in November. And despite his wins tonight, McCain does not have a majority of Republican National Delegates, so the fight for the nomination is still very much on.

http://people.ronpaul2008.com/campaign-updates

PLEASE DIGG THIS STORY TO SPREAD THE WORD TO OTHER SUPPORTERS!!! =========>>>>>

So what is the strategy for Super Tuesday? Who will win BIG on today's Super Tuesday of voting? Will it be Senator McCain? (The crowd begins to cheer!) Will it be Governor Romney? (The crowd continues to cheer!) How about Governor Huckabee? (The crowd cheers again!) Or how about that US Constitutional guy... err... what's his name... Congressman... oh yah, Ron Paul? (The crowd starts to laugh!) -- Yes, sounds familiar, right? And so the media continues to report "who won what" and so on and so forth, with of course, no mentioning of that silly Congressman anywhere.

And as the Ron Paul supporters continue to fight back their tears while questioning, "How can this be? I don't get it! I thought we'd make a dent by now?!!", the Ron Paul Headquarters begins to board the "The Ron Paul Express Train", with nothing but confident smiles, because after all, you need a freight train to carry the message of freedom, and more importantly... ALL THE DELEGATES THAT COME WITH IT!!!

"I don't understand -- what do you mean? He lost the delegates in the states because FOX NEWS reported it that way!" Yes, I know... and they also reported that Al Gore won as President -- or have you forgotten? Isn't it funny how IGNORANT Fox News really is? Well, I say ignorant and maybe that isn't really fair -- so let's just say that they choose to show their viewers what they want the people to see. You see, the results we are seeing on TV is not really what is actually occurring, but the media likes to "dumb it down" for America because it would take too much time to explain how the Delegates really choose their candidate, and so they try and keep it simple. And many people like simple -- because simple is good. Heck, I like simple too. However, sometimes keeping things too simple, as is the case with an election, can be very misleading. Yes I know, it sounds complicated and I was once there myself -- so allow me to further explain.

Have you heard of the expression that all of this is really a "Beauty Contest?" Well, this is true, because nothing is set in stone yet. The reason why the media is keeping it simple is because MANY of the states are a winner-take-all state, meaning if a candidate wins the popular vote of the state, they get to keep all the delegates that come with that state -- however, what the media isn't telling you (because statistically speaking, it's highly unlikely) is that ANY DELEGATE can change their mind and vote for whomever they want when it comes time at the convention -- which is when the voting REALLY MATTERS.

"I see. But I still don't understand the whole primary/caucus thing, choosing delegates and how or why it's important?" Let me break that down for you in a nutshell.

First, let me describe what a Delegate is. Delegates are the people who you trust to do the voting at the GOP convention on your party's behalf, so to speak. So basically, you vote on a delegate who supports the candidate you want to win. Anyone can be a delegate as long they fulfill the requirements set out by the state. If you want to be a delegate (which is important to the Ron paul campaign), you can just announce it at the caucus meeting. But you have to bring enough people to vote for you to be a delegate. The more delegates you have in a district, the better, because then there are caucuses for state delegates -- whereby all the district delegates vote on who will be a state delegates. States are assigned a certain number of "state delegates" to represent the state, which is what the whole "Beauty Contest" is about -- it sort of help determines which candidate will receive those delegates. Since many states are a "winner takes all" -- this means that all the delegates will go to the popular vote winner, whereas some states award delegates by percentages.

A caucus is basically a convention held in districts whereby party members gather to hear speeches made about the candidates. The people that attend the caucus (which can be ANYONE) then vote for delegates to represent the candidates at the party's convention. Each district has a certain number of delegates, which depends on who gets voted by the people. State rules and regulations do vary, as some only allow voters to participate in their party’s primary (such as you must be registered as a republican to vote in the republican primaries), while other states have no party restrictions and allow voters to participate in any single primary they choose. Now this is important to understand -- because the more delegates your candidate has, the better. And in MOST (if not all) situations, the turnout of these caucuses are spread so thin because very few people show up to be a delegate, that someone can utterly "steal" the victory away from the popular vote winner (if awarded by percentage) because they had more delegates in a certain district representing them. An example would be Obama in Nevada, who lost by popular vote, but actually received more delegates because the districts by which he won had more delegates than Clinton did. But we'll come back to this a little later.

Now a primary is what most of us are used to. Voters go to the polls, select their candidate and help determine the percentage of the state's delegates. The person who wins the state (if by the winner-take-all policy) supposedly wins all the delegates too -- but here's the rub... do they really win all the delegates? In a typical situation, this is likely the case. The percentages of a state's delegates are broken down to show how many delegates are from each of the candidates running. For example, in Maine, Romney won the popular vote by a landslide right? Therefore, he is rewarded all the delegates of that state. McCain came in second with Ron Paul coming in a very close third place. However, Ron Paul had A LOT MORE DELEGATES that supported him than McCain did, so realistically speaking, Ron Paul came in second in the delegate count. How is this important? It isn't YET, but patience Grasshopper, and you will begin to see the light.

Ok, so I said I would come back to how someone can "steal" a victory. From what I know, this is how it works -- in a brokered convention, ANY STATE DELEGATE IS NOT BOUND TO VOTE FOR ANY PARTICULAR CANDIDATE. Did you get that? While they were selected to best represent their own candidate, what would happen if their candidate dropped out? Their candidate would likely endorse another candidate, right? And it makes sense that the state delegates would support whomever their candidate endorsed, right? But here's where it gets sticky... would they really support whomever their candidate endorsed? A perfect example of that would have been Giuliani who endorsed McCain after he dropped out -- which should have added to the popular vote count for McCain to easily win the state of Maine since he had Giuliani supporters too, right? But McCain lost to Romney. As I said in a previous article, this is not a typical election and there is clearly no real front runner -- at least not what the media is making it out like.

It is my opinion that people are awake now and are not voting in the typical mannerisms of the past elections. People are very angry right now, confused right now and are still unsure of who they would support -- but more important than that, they now understand that it's ok to change their minds and actually vote who's right for office rather than vote for who's right for the party. If there was a clear front runner, then someone would have an enormous lead by now, yes? But this is not the case. And according to the GOP rules, a candidate must enter the convention in September with 51% of the delegates from all the states or else the election will go to a brokered convention... and that is where the pay off will be, because delegates will now have to make things right by voting. BUT, the question is, "Who will they vote for?"

Is your eyebrow raising? Are you getting it yet?!! You're starting to smirk, aren't you? Yessssss, suddenly, all those supposed state delegates that the candidate "thought" he had in the bag from the states (according the media and beauty contests) now suddenly don't look too promising, because they (the delegates) now have the power, and more importantly, the right to change their mind. Now here's the beauty of it all -- there is NOTHING anyone can do about it.

"Yes, I get it now, but c'mon, what are the odds these delegates will vote for Ron Paul?" Well, there is no guarantee -- but let's look at it this logically... this will likely create negative publicity for the so called "front runner", as this candidate will now be seen BY MANY PEOPLE as being weak, not to mention careless, because HE DIDN'T SEE IT COMING. And nobody wants a weak, let alone careless President. A brokered convention hasn't occurred since God knows how long ago - which is why many people still disagree and say it won't happen. However, I believe the odds are in favor this year for one to happen, as do many others, and here's the funny part... if it does, can you imagine the media coverage on that one? The media, all which completely blacked out Ron Paul, is actually responsible for making it all happen because he slipped in "under the radar."

This is why the likelihood of a 3rd party run by Ron Paul is not realistic nor in the playing cards. Statistically speaking, he has a better chance of getting those unsure delegates to vote for him than he would at getting a majority to win during a third party run for Presidency. Third party runs are very expensive and get zero media coverage and aren't likely to be invited for debates -- but winning the Republican nomination gets him the best seat in the house, to relay his thoughts on the issues at hand and to eventually prove to America that he is the best choice for President.

So who's the big winner of Super Tuesday? I think it's more like who's the big WEINER of Tuesday. All Aboooooard!!!

colecrowe
02-06-2008, 01:24 AM
The ratio of new donors to repeat donors (about 40% and INCREASING) means that his support is growing and growing. But, more importantly, I think it means that people are less and less willing to give more if they've already given once, twice, or five times (like myself, my father, grandfather, and army buddies)--unless he is going to go iNDY. I just can't afford it. But I could make myself afford another 500 or even way more if he went iNDY because I know he could win! (don't give me crap--I gave over $1,000 in Q4, as well as about 20-30 hours of canvassing and calling--I know not enough time, but I would do 3 times that when he declared iNDY because I have a much less demanding schedule now)

my dad said he'd donate another 500 to Paul (IF he announces 3rd party) (he donated 200 on Dec. 16th--but that was when it seemed like he REALLY could maybe, possibly win the Nom. I would donate 500 the day he declares (even though it will hurt financially), whereas I can't afford to give anymore (I gave just over a 1,100 in Q4 to the cause--so shut up) for his Republican run; and gramps would probably wager another 1776.00

The 2nd and 3rd tier, broader-base of supporters aren't (many or most of them) going to donate MORE--if they already have once--because TO THEM it is obvious or at least nearly certain that he's not going to get the Nom from the Republican party (I'm not saying I believe that--but they DO). However, they would be very willing and enthusiastic about supporting him in an iNDEPENDENT run.

D-O-N-A-T-E N-O-W!!!!

Lord Xar
02-06-2008, 01:26 AM
D-O-N-A-T-E N-O-W!!!!

Your positive attitude is a breath of fresh-air. Way to go. Its hard for many of us, you too, I'm sure. But you are right. Is it over? No. There is the message that still needs to be told and as we have seen with McCain, anything is possible. He was shit a few short months ago, now look. I will withhold what i think the campaign should do, but you are right. We need to donate. We need to donate.

qwerty
02-06-2008, 01:27 AM
Your positive attitude is a breath of fresh-air. Way to go. Its hard for many of us, you too, I'm sure. But you are right. Is it over? No. There is the message that still needs to be told and as we have seen with McCain, anything is possible. He was shit a few short months ago, now look. I will withhold what i think the campaign should do, but you are right. We need to donate. We need to donate.

Exactly, bro!

We need to donate and encourage everyone we know to donate too!

IDEAS ARE BULLETPROOF!

raiha
02-06-2008, 01:28 AM
Good for you Qwerty. Thanks a bunch there matey!!!

qwerty
02-06-2008, 01:55 AM

Thanks, bro!

:)

Craig_R
02-06-2008, 01:58 AM
bumped for awesomeness

qwerty
02-06-2008, 02:11 AM
bumped for awesomeness

Thanks bro!

Now Please Donate And encourage everyone you know to do the same!

Enzo
02-06-2008, 02:14 AM

Interesting.. The New Zealanders say "Good For You" like we do in the US... but the Aussies say "Good On Ya"... hmmm

qwerty
02-06-2008, 02:15 AM
bump!

suzypotaka
02-06-2008, 02:18 AM

So what is the strategy for Super Tuesday? Who will win BIG on today's Super Tuesday of voting? Will it be Senator McCain? (The crowd begins to cheer!) Will it be Governor Romney? (The crowd continues to cheer!) How about Governor Huckabee? (The crowd cheers again!) Or how about that US Constitutional guy... err... what's his name... Congressman... oh yah, Ron Paul? (The crowd starts to laugh!) -- Yes, sounds familiar, right? And so the media continues to report "who won what" and so on and so forth, with of course, no mentioning of that silly Congressman anywhere.

And as the Ron Paul supporters continue to fight back their tears while questioning, "How can this be? I don't get it! I thought we'd make a dent by now?!!", the Ron Paul Headquarters begins to board the "The Ron Paul Express Train", with nothing but confident smiles, because after all, you need a freight train to carry the message of freedom, and more importantly... ALL THE DELEGATES THAT COME WITH IT!!!

"I don't understand -- what do you mean? He lost the delegates in the states because FOX NEWS reported it that way!" Yes, I know... and they also reported that Al Gore won as President -- or have you forgotten? Isn't it funny how IGNORANT Fox News really is? Well, I say ignorant and maybe that isn't really fair -- so let's just say that they choose to show their viewers what they want the people to see. You see, the results we are seeing on TV is not really what is actually occurring, but the media likes to "dumb it down" for America because it would take too much time to explain how the Delegates really choose their candidate, and so they try and keep it simple. And many people like simple -- because simple is good. Heck, I like simple too. However, sometimes keeping things too simple, as is the case with an election, can be very misleading. Yes I know, it sounds complicated and I was once there myself -- so allow me to further explain.

Have you heard of the expression that all of this is really a "Beauty Contest?" Well, this is true, because nothing is set in stone yet. The reason why the media is keeping it simple is because MANY of the states are a winner-take-all state, meaning if a candidate wins the popular vote of the state, they get to keep all the delegates that come with that state -- however, what the media isn't telling you (because statistically speaking, it's highly unlikely) is that ANY DELEGATE can change their mind and vote for whomever they want when it comes time at the convention -- which is when the voting REALLY MATTERS.

"I see. But I still don't understand the whole primary/caucus thing, choosing delegates and how or why it's important?" Let me break that down for you in a nutshell.

First, let me describe what a Delegate is. Delegates are the people who you trust to do the voting at the GOP convention on your party's behalf, so to speak. So basically, you vote on a delegate who supports the candidate you want to win. Anyone can be a delegate as long they fulfill the requirements set out by the state. If you want to be a delegate (which is important to the Ron paul campaign), you can just announce it at the caucus meeting. But you have to bring enough people to vote for you to be a delegate. The more delegates you have in a district, the better, because then there are caucuses for state delegates -- whereby all the district delegates vote on who will be a state delegates. States are assigned a certain number of "state delegates" to represent the state, which is what the whole "Beauty Contest" is about -- it sort of help determines which candidate will receive those delegates. Since many states are a "winner takes all" -- this means that all the delegates will go to the popular vote winner, whereas some states award delegates by percentages.

A caucus is basically a convention held in districts whereby party members gather to hear speeches made about the candidates. The people that attend the caucus (which can be ANYONE) then vote for delegates to represent the candidates at the party's convention. Each district has a certain number of delegates, which depends on who gets voted by the people. State rules and regulations do vary, as some only allow voters to participate in their party’s primary (such as you must be registered as a republican to vote in the republican primaries), while other states have no party restrictions and allow voters to participate in any single primary they choose. Now this is important to understand -- because the more delegates your candidate has, the better. And in MOST (if not all) situations, the turnout of these caucuses are spread so thin because very few people show up to be a delegate, that someone can utterly "steal" the victory away from the popular vote winner (if awarded by percentage) because they had more delegates in a certain district representing them. An example would be Obama in Nevada, who lost by popular vote, but actually received more delegates because the districts by which he won had more delegates than Clinton did. But we'll come back to this a little later.

Now a primary is what most of us are used to. Voters go to the polls, select their candidate and help determine the percentage of the state's delegates. The person who wins the state (if by the winner-take-all policy) supposedly wins all the delegates too -- but here's the rub... do they really win all the delegates? In a typical situation, this is likely the case. The percentages of a state's delegates are broken down to show how many delegates are from each of the candidates running. For example, in Maine, Romney won the popular vote by a landslide right? Therefore, he is rewarded all the delegates of that state. McCain came in second with Ron Paul coming in a very close third place. However, Ron Paul had A LOT MORE DELEGATES that supported him than McCain did, so realistically speaking, Ron Paul came in second in the delegate count. How is this important? It isn't YET, but patience Grasshopper, and you will begin to see the light.

Ok, so I said I would come back to how someone can "steal" a victory. From what I know, this is how it works -- in a brokered convention, ANY STATE DELEGATE IS NOT BOUND TO VOTE FOR ANY PARTICULAR CANDIDATE. Did you get that? While they were selected to best represent their own candidate, what would happen if their candidate dropped out? Their candidate would likely endorse another candidate, right? And it makes sense that the state delegates would support whomever their candidate endorsed, right? But here's where it gets sticky... would they really support whomever their candidate endorsed? A perfect example of that would have been Giuliani who endorsed McCain after he dropped out -- which should have added to the popular vote count for McCain to easily win the state of Maine since he had Giuliani supporters too, right? But McCain lost to Romney. As I said in a previous article, this is not a typical election and there is clearly no real front runner -- at least not what the media is making it out like.

It is my opinion that people are awake now and are not voting in the typical mannerisms of the past elections. People are very angry right now, confused right now and are still unsure of who they would support -- but more important than that, they now understand that it's ok to change their minds and actually vote who's right for office rather than vote for who's right for the party. If there was a clear front runner, then someone would have an enormous lead by now, yes? But this is not the case. And according to the GOP rules, a candidate must enter the convention in September with 51% of the delegates from all the states or else the election will go to a brokered convention... and that is where the pay off will be, because delegates will now have to make things right by voting. BUT, the question is, "Who will they vote for?"

Is your eyebrow raising? Are you getting it yet?!! You're starting to smirk, aren't you? Yessssss, suddenly, all those supposed state delegates that the candidate "thought" he had in the bag from the states (according the media and beauty contests) now suddenly don't look too promising, because they (the delegates) now have the power, and more importantly, the right to change their mind. Now here's the beauty of it all -- there is NOTHING anyone can do about it.

"Yes, I get it now, but c'mon, what are the odds these delegates will vote for Ron Paul?" Well, there is no guarantee -- but let's look at it this logically... this will likely create negative publicity for the so called "front runner", as this candidate will now be seen BY MANY PEOPLE as being weak, not to mention careless, because HE DIDN'T SEE IT COMING. And nobody wants a weak, let alone careless President. A brokered convention hasn't occurred since God knows how long ago - which is why many people still disagree and say it won't happen. However, I believe the odds are in favor this year for one to happen, as do many others, and here's the funny part... if it does, can you imagine the media coverage on that one? The media, all which completely blacked out Ron Paul, is actually responsible for making it all happen because he slipped in "under the radar."

This is why the likelihood of a 3rd party run by Ron Paul is not realistic nor in the playing cards. Statistically speaking, he has a better chance of getting those unsure delegates to vote for him than he would at getting a majority to win during a third party run for Presidency. Third party runs are very expensive and get zero media coverage and aren't likely to be invited for debates -- but winning the Republican nomination gets him the best seat in the house, to relay his thoughts on the issues at hand and to eventually prove to America that he is the best choice for President.

So who's the big winner of Super Tuesday? I think it's more like who's the big WEINER of Tuesday. All Aboooooard!!!

===========================

THANK YOU!! THANK YOU!! THANK YOU!!!

You nailed it!!!!
AWEOME post!!

Signed "grasshopper"

qwerty
02-06-2008, 02:30 AM

This is great one!

Join The Paul Side
02-06-2008, 02:40 AM
Thanks for posting that article Qwerty. I now see why the MSM does what they do by annointing frontrunners. By doing so they inflate the popularity of particular candidates to help them win the nomination outright which allows them to play their little predictions game. If it goes to a brokered convention they have no control. They are on the outside looking in like everybody else since in a brokered convention the delegates choose the candidate that gets nominated, not the media! :)

luvthedoc08
02-06-2008, 02:42 AM
GREAT POST THIS IS THE TRUTH PEOPLE, and i'd also like to add that we're thinking of indy run and this campaign as two seperate things when as far as we're concerned they're one in the same, the man said that he would continue to campaign as long as we supported him what else do we need to hear?

Crickett
02-06-2008, 02:49 AM
He would lose all the delegates he has now..why do you keep on and on and ON about this third party thing?? You all sound just like the MSM.

sb10
02-06-2008, 02:57 AM
Here's a motivational speech by Rocky Balboa, for anybody feeling down! :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_ErR8OcBlO4

nodope0695
02-06-2008, 03:00 AM
5 Star, and BUMP!

Ron LOL
02-06-2008, 03:03 AM
I'm conflicted...I hate your thread titles, but I do like the message of not giving up.

qwerty
02-06-2008, 03:04 AM
I'm conflicted...I hate your thread titles, but I do like the message of not giving up.

DONATE!

:D

Ron LOL
02-06-2008, 03:13 AM
DONATE!

I should amend that...

I "*************************HATE********************* *", or maybe "~~~~~~~~~~~~~~HATE (READ THIS!!!!) ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~" your thread titles.

I guess I should donate.

sands
02-06-2008, 03:15 AM
It's only round 4 in a 10 round match...There's going to be more dropouts...Except for Ron Paul if we don't give up.

Fields
02-06-2008, 03:16 AM
bumpity bump.

qwerty
02-06-2008, 03:17 AM
donate And Encourage Others Too!

qwerty
02-06-2008, 04:19 AM
Bump!

BreakYourChains
02-06-2008, 04:39 AM
bump

qwerty
02-06-2008, 04:41 AM
I should amend that...

I "*************************HATE********************* *", or maybe "~~~~~~~~~~~~~~HATE (READ THIS!!!!) ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~" your thread titles.

I guess I should donate.

Ok, but the titles get your attention and that´s the main thing!

;)

qwerty
02-06-2008, 04:56 AM
Bump!

LizF
02-06-2008, 04:59 AM
You're on a roll qwerty! :D

qwerty
02-06-2008, 05:34 AM
Bump!

qwerty
02-06-2008, 05:50 AM
You're on a roll qwerty! :D

ALLWAYS FOR FREEDOM!

qwerty
02-06-2008, 06:24 AM
bump!

Geronimo
02-06-2008, 06:26 AM
D-O-N-A-T-E N-O-W!!!!

Ok.

qwerty
02-06-2008, 07:07 AM
Ok.

Nice...

LittleLightShining
02-06-2008, 07:26 AM

Awesome post! I'm emailing this to all my Ron Paul people :)

tommyzDad
02-06-2008, 07:28 AM
Qwerty for VP!!!

the_bee for Secretary of Motivation!!!!

Or at least the next Tony Robbins!!

http://img262.imageshack.us/img262/9880/tonyrobbinsul1.jpg

qwerty
02-06-2008, 07:31 AM
Qwerty for VP!!!

Thanks, bro!

qwerty
02-06-2008, 08:14 AM
BUMP!

Cinderella
02-06-2008, 08:19 AM
thanks for the pick me up!!! bump it!!!!!!!!

mysticgeek
02-06-2008, 08:54 AM
Bump For Freedom!

qwerty
02-06-2008, 10:29 AM
BUMP!:cool:

Jae0
02-06-2008, 10:30 AM
Good post!

rancher89
02-06-2008, 10:30 AM
http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=113790

I have two posts that I've been sharing, both came from the worldwide meetup page, but were reposted from ronpaulforums I think. I don't think anyone will mind me reposting them here. (If you have the link to the original poster, please respond to me in a pm and I'll insert it into this message.) The idea is that we still have a chance, a choice--it's not over yet.

Repost #1
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
We can win this nomination through a brokered convention but need to be in a better position delegate wise, to do it. A post by bcreps85 in http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthr...=113466&page=2 (post 12) got me to thinking:

?...there are more than 20 states left, and we are the only ones with any money left. After Super Tuesday everyone else just plans to coast through on momentum...as far as everyone else knows the races are pretty much over after tonight. The MSM will crown McCain as king and everyone will just assume he has nothing to worry about after tonight. No reason to stop now.?

Considering our strengths and weaknesses, we are in a better position now than for previous primaries and caucuses.

We are weak when we have to depend on the MSN to get the message out. Cramming all the super Tuesday states together makes us very dependent on the coverage whey will give us and minimizes our superior grassroots support. People can't help other states when their own state has a primary the same day. We have a lot of support, but swarming spread out primaries gives us a force multiplier the other campaigns don't have.

Strengths:

Our numbers.
Our ability to raise money via money bombs
Our support structure (artists, video, bands, tech ppl, etc.)
Our infrastructure (communication problems make this a disadvantage too)
Left over materials
Contact lists of supporters
We have established networks and have experience.
Geography
The precinct leader campaign has been very successful at raising our poll numbers. The problem is that we have so few precincts covered. If we did it right, we could cover all the precincts. That's how we can win. Well, at least get us to convention with a good chance.

We have had some very successful projects in the past that we should emulate. Right now, people are working on a more or less every state for themselves basis for the remaining states. My proposal is to bring back the regional coalitions concept, like we did in Iowa. Do one for each grouping of states on a particular date.

For each:

Have a mini-moneybomb to help fund it as well as chipins for projects.
Set up a Operation NH / Live Free or Die for housing and feeding supporters from the next states.
Coordinate regular Meetups (every weekend or longer) for supporters in the neighboring states to come and help canvas/lit drop/phone bank/GOTV.
Set up a state HQ if there is not one already there.
Arrange with neighboring states, the collection and transfer of surplus material.

Make this a deliberate process. Make sure every one of those and probably others are covered.

These are the groupings of states on the same date. I suggest we set up a project and form regional coalitions for each. The territories we'd have to look at, single states on a date we might want to group into a project with another date(s) :

02/09/2008GuamRepublican
02/09/2008KansasRepublican
02/09/2008LouisianaRepublican

02/12/2008DistrictofColumbiaRepublican
02/12/2008MarylandRepublican
02/12/2008VirginiaRepublican

02/19/2008WashingtonRepublican
02/19/2008WisconsinRepublican

02/23/2008American SamoaRepublican
02/23/2008Virgin IslandsRepublican
02/24/2008PuertoRicoRepublican

03/04/2008OhioRepublican
03/04/2008RhodeIslandRepublican
03/04/2008TexasRepublican
03/04/2008VermontRepublican

03/11/2008MississippiRepublican

04/22/2008PennsylvaniaRepublican

05/06/2008IndianaRepublican
05/06/2008NorthCarolinaRepublican

05/13/2008NebraskaRepublican

05/20/2008KentuckyRepublican
05/20/2008OregonRepublican

05/27/2008IdahoRepublican

06/03/2008New MexicoRepublican
06/03/2008South DakotaRepublican

Start working actively a month before each states primary or caucus if we have that much time. Start early. This campaign has track record of doing things at the last minute.

I believe you have to go back 2 weeks to get something on TV - that's handing them the media and money. Go back at least a week, ideally a month for fund raising, etc. You have to plan ahead. Work precincts for the month leading up to the election, if possible.

Yes, it's all ?obvious? and ?common sense?, but the difference is doing it.

Repost #2
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Phase 2 of Ron Paul's Political Strategy --Multi post reposted Flo Huffman, Pat Armstrong

Body: [I have been waiting for today to send this. I didn?t want to send it before today, because we needed to focus on this day. Now it is almost over, and we can move onto the next phase. This is one in a series of essays I will send. I recommend following the link to Gary North?s site. There is a lot of useful information there. And, he was Ron Paul?s congressional aid in the 70?s. Follow the links in the articles, and here is another one on the media blackout http://www.garynorth.... {edit}
Phase 2 of Ron Paul's Political Strategy

Gary North

January 9, 2007 ....

In Phase 1 of Ron Paul's political strategy, he achieved national name recognition among conservatives and libertarians, raised over $28 million, assembled a huge data base -- a postage-free data base -- and got network TV interviews all over YouTube, which are permanent. Nothing like this has ever been done in the history of libertarianism.

The mainstream media perceive none of this. All they perceive is the vote percentages in the primaries. This is a good thing. The blinder the mainstream media are to what is really going on here, the better.

My concern is that his recent recruits will be equally as short-sighted. So, I am writing this report. ....

THE MEDIA'S MEMORY HOLE
Ron Paul has been unofficially dropped down the mainstream media's memory hole.

The decision of Fox News to exclude him from the televised debate in New Hampshire was indicative of what was soon to come. In reporting the New Hampshire election results, the press did not list his name, even though he came close to beating Giuliani. It is clear that the mainstream media will no longer report on his campaign. He has become an also-ran even while he is still running.

The man-bites-dog aspect of his campaign -- the size of his on-line fund-raising -- is no longer media worthy. His numbers in the primaries are too low to pose a threat to the Establishment in 2008. He is yesterday's news.

He can and should maintain the official position that he is still running for President. That position will be non-news. Non-news is just what the doctor ordered.

When the media finally go away, he can get down to business.

What I am about to describe is a strategy that involves quietly moving below the media's radar. There is no reason for him to announce to the media, "My campaign has now moved to phase 2." I am sure he won't.

PHASE 2 ....

Every day that he stays in this race is another day of gathering e-mail addresses and (I hope) zip codes.

No less than 80% of his campaign spending should be devoted to running ads that produce e-mail addresses, zip codes, and donations for running more ads. Everything else is peripheral.

What I propose here is a strategy for long-term political victory. I am willing to post the basics of this strategy here because I am not posting all of it. It will therefore get no attention from the mainstream news media. This article is "hidden in plain site." It is sufficient that a hard core of his hard corps see it here and forward it to friends. My recommended strategy begins with word of mouse.

The mainstream media have a very short attention span. When you think "mainstream media" think "attention deficit disorder." The media simply cannot ADD things up. They cannot and will not connect the dots.

It is amazing what a dedicated group can accomplish at the bottom of the media's memory hole.

The two crucial questions are these: (1) How dedicated is Ron Paul's hard corps? (2) How future-oriented are they as individuals?

Out of cyberspace has come a total of $28 million in donations to Ron Paul's campaign. There will be more before the Republican national convention. If spent wisely -- and not all in 2008 -- this money can become the foundation of a new political movement.

The most important asset this movement possesses is a political leader with the following attributes:

A consistent worldview
A voting record to match this worldview
Widespread trust
A national audience
Three decades of real-world experience
A bully pulpit: a seat in Congress
A Congressional research staff
Several million dollars in his campaign kitty
E-mail lists (no postage or printing costs)
Supporters who are fed up with the political system
YouTube presence
New, low-cost, decentralized communications technologies
Technologically savvy supporters: "nerds with attitude"

Before his presidential campaign, Ron Paul was known to a small core of hard-money newsletter subscribers (old folks) and readers of LewRockwell.com. He was not nationally known. He is now. The media made this possible. So did YouTube. Those YouTube videos of his network guest appearances can become recruiting tools for a long-term program of recruiting and training.

This would not have been technologically possible in 2004.

Today, a new group of people know him, trust him, and will pay attention to what he recommends. It is an identifiable group: e-mail addresses and donation receipts. He can communicate with them very inexpensively. He can do it through his campaign organization. He does not need to involve his Congressional staff.

THE KEY TO POLITICAL SUCCESS

The key to political success is not an overnight grab for power at the top. The key is a 50-year program of replacement at the bottom. But, because of the American economy's prospects, we do not have 50 years. My guess is, we have a decade, if things go well -- less if they don't.

At the bottom of the political pyramid, people are becoming fed up. This would be my recommended political slogan: Fed up?. The Federal government are facing bankruptcy. The Federal Reserve System is going to have to fund the Federal government with fiat money. When Medicare goes bust and Social Security follows, the Federal Reserve will inflate. The dollar will decline another 95%, as it has since 1914, only faster.

When checks from ....Washington.... no longer buy much, there will be a monumental political transformation. This is the central premise of my recommended strategy.

The goal of Ron Paul's supporters should be to be in positions of influence locally, all over the country -- in 3,000+ counties, in every precinct. This should be done one precinct at a time. ....

This is stealth politics, and it is now a viable strategy for Ron Paul's hard corps. It was not a year ago.

If this political education program included an updated version of what was called the Kasten system of local electioneering, Ron Paul's troops could begin to run against and replace local political officials. In the mid-1970's, when Ron Paul first came to Congress, the Free Congress Foundation made Kasten-based training materials available. These materials need updating to include digital communications. They don't need much else.

If Ron Paul's hard corps is not in this for the long haul, then this strategy will fail. It deserves to fail. If people will not commit time as well as money, politics will remain business as usual.

Ludwig von Mises was correct: we are in a war of ideas. Ideas will win institutionally only after they have become the operational first principles of an influential minority of voters -- not just in leap year's four-year national presidential cycle -- but also in every nook and cranny of the political system.

The strategy of replacement must be educational in the broadest sense. It must be evangelical: the good political news. It must be extended by people who see themselves as lifetime missionaries. But we don't have a lifetime. We have maybe a decade. We are in a race against the falling dollar.

If Ron Paul will provide the leadership, he can spearhead a national movement whose goal is to roll back the state to its Constitutional limits -- its 1791 limits, meaning the Bill of Rights. All ten of them. This movement must be based on a systematic, well-thought-out campaign to roll back the civil government in every area of life in which it is operating unconstitutionally.

That should keep us busy.

TAFT'S FAILURE

The old Right's last nationally known politician was Senator Robert A. Taft. He lost the Republican nomination to Eisenhower in 1952. He died of cancer in July, 1953.

He preached limited government. In foreign policy, he was a non-interventionist. After he died, his views disappeared from American politics. He left no legacy -- no comprehensive body of writings, no hard core supporters, no mailing lists, no training materials. He left nothing.

The only other comparable figure to Taft in modern American politics was Howard Buffett. He was never nationally known. He left the House of Representatives in 1953, just when Eisenhower took over. His son Warren has rejected his father's libertarian views.

We have lived in a political wasteland ever since 1953. It is time for a change. This change has now begun. Will it be extended?

With Ron Paul, Taft's ideas have been revived. This took 55 years, plus the Internet.

If it takes another 55 years to reverse the statist juggernaut, so be it. But the prevailing debt level in the ....United States.... will not allow another 55 years of uninterrupted prosperity. The economic crisis will come sooner. So will the attempted solutions. As real estate guru Jack Miller says, "When the public calls for a man on a white horse, there will be a lot of guys out there with brown horses and whitewash." So, we will need people with high-pressure hoses.

A COMPREHENSIVE EDUCATIONAL PROGRAM

I am proposing a program in political education. It is like no other program in American history. It involves two aspects.

Homeschool Curriculum. He must begin with the next generation. How about a high school curriculum in civics edited by Dr. Paul? It would begin with the Articles of Confederation and take the story to the present. It would be structured in terms of this theme: the hijacking of ....America

Call it the Ron Paul's Freedom Curriculum.

Then there would be a U.S. history course presenting the same story, but not just in politics. How did the hijacking operate across the boards: in education, in art, in literature, in economics, in science, in the media? ....

Next, how about an economics course based on Austrian economics? ....

How about a course on money and banking, one that shows the dark side of fractional reserve banking and the Federal Reserve System? ....

I am in marketing. I assure you: the "branding" potential for a Ron Paul home school curriculum is huge. ....

This could all be put on a single DVD, which would include audio files and documents. Dr. Paul's FREE organization could get it into the mail for $5. Sell it for $200, and use the money to develop more materials and advertise the course. ....

He should oversee the creation of this curriculum. His motivation: the assumption that his grandchildren deserve a better curriculum than anything available today. Then he can sell it to the rest of his supporters. ....

Political Education. The educational program must also involve local political training. He should set up a website on how to become influential in a precinct. Use as a model the book by ex-Communist Douglas Hyde, Dedication and Leadership. Get there early. Stay late. Be helpful. Gain people's trust. Say little. Then, when some disaster is proposed, calmly give reasons why it should not be supported. ....

Get five people to do this together in a precinct, each choosing only one disaster to undermine. Raise doubts. Maybe add an amendment that guts it. But, election by election, move the precinct toward limited government. ....

The strategy is to move the rank and file toward liberty. The tactic is not to be obstructionist. That gets people nowhere. The goal is to raise doubts at key points, calling into question the messianic state, program by program, budget by budget. ....

Focus on local issues, where local influence can make a difference. Ignore any national issue that the party has made a primary goal. Concentrate on those local issues about which the opposition doesn't care too much and will not expend much time, energy, and money to implement. ....
Get experience. Get support. Get respect. Then get elected, or get some future Ron Paul elected. ....

The Primary Goal. The primary goal here is not to slice away at the salami of the American empire. The primary goal is to get positioned locally with numerous officials so as to present a united front against the Federal government when it begins to falter. When the Feds' money buys nothing, the hard corps needs to be influential locally to block all attempts of the Feds to impose controls over the local economy. This has been known historically as the doctrine of interposition. ....

Has this ever worked in the past? It worked during the Stamp Act crisis, 1765-70. It worked during the years leading up to the revolution, 1770-75. ....

NO NEW TAXES, NO NEW BONDS ....

People must be trained to monitor all tax hikes and bond issues and mobilize against them. ....

If municipalities cannot float new bonds issues, local politicians will have to face the voters after a tax hike. Those who do this can then be mobilized against at the next election. ....

The public is always ready to hear a bad word against taxes and bonds. It is just that so few bad words are ever heard. ....

Local activists must be trained in stealth politics to monitor the local government's stealth spending programs. ....

How about a home school course on local government? Who could oppose that? What would students learn to do? Monitor the city council. Monitor the committees. Post websites that openly discuss what is going on. Let in some digital sunlight! ....

How would the city council oppose this? What politician wants to attack some well-scrubbed teenager with space on Blogspot or MySpace? "Every politician who opposes civics education for our youth, please stand up!" ....

Local politicians are skilled at hiding things from the local media, which are bought and paid for by local advertisers. They are not prepared to deal with the Web. ....

As fewer people read the local newspaper, the ability of local politicians to spin or control the flow of information shrinks. At the same time, e-mail grows, RSS feeds grow, and digital communications expand. ....

Ron Paul is uniquely in a position to work with home school parents to distribute digital blowtorches to be used against local politicians who are skating on thin ice. ....

How about training how to do mass mailings of Vote No postcards just before a bond issue vote is held? Mail the cards by first class stamped mail. This way, there is no warning. If necessary, mail them from outside the county. Let them hit on the Saturday before the vote. The cards direct people to a web site that goes into detail about how much money the bonds will cost property owners. ....

Can you imagine the havoc such unanticipated mailings could do to local politicians with big plans to expand the government? ....

I even have some domain names set aside if Dr. Paul want to take ownership of them. ....

UNDER THE RADAR ....

Precinct by precinct, town by town, county by county, a decentralized political movement could begin to undermine the legitimacy the existing political structure. It can do so politely, helpfully, and sympathetically. ....

The central issue is legitimacy. The supreme goal is to undermine the legitimacy enjoyed by the prevailing central state. This task is doable. We have the U.S. Treasury and the Federal Reserve System working for us: a debt disaster to be funded by fiat money. ....

When the dollar dies, political legitimacy dies with it. This is the central premise of my recommended strategy. ....

Hardly anyone wants to do this kind of invisible work: laying the foundations for a decentralized program of comprehensive political replacement. I call it the dogcatcher strategy. It is based on this familiar slogan: "I wouldn't vote for him if he ran for dogcatcher." So, run against him. Start at the bottom. Then move up. Don't make a premature grab for power. ....

As Wee Willie Keeler said of a baseball player's wisest hitting strategy, "Hit 'em where they ain't." ....

Most people want to start higher than dogcatcher. They want applause. They want credit. They want recognition. And they want all this soon. There are very few exceptions. The main exceptions are the handful of families that have dominated the politics of ....America.... for over two centuries. This is why they still rule. ....

In a C-Span interview with Gore Vidal in 2000, Vidal made a fascinating comment. He said that the real rulers of ....America.... over the past 250 years -- the first families -- do not care if the media expose scandals among the "hired help" (politicians), but they do not allow embarrassing reports of their families and lives. ....

Reversing the statist juggernaut would take a long time if it were not for Federal deficits, the level of government debt, and the Federal Reserve System. The steady build-up of debt has taken three generations, beginning in World War I. Debt has spread to every nook and cranny of the international economy. At some point, the bills will come due. The ability of the Establishment to delay this event has amazed a lot of us. But the reality of debt that compounds far faster than economic growth is inescapable: default. ....

When the day of default arrives, we can get out from under the radar. ....

CONCLUSION ....

The top of the political pyramid is controlled by the Establishment. This means the Establishment will become the donkey into which a ten thousand pins can be stuck when the economy implodes. ....

But who will do the sticking? ....

Ron Paul has millions of dollars to spend. The way to spend it is on ads that draw people to a website that gets them to sign up. The web page should also ask them for their zip code. ....

If he can assemble a series of e-mail lists tied to zip codes, he can turn this nation around, assuming that his followers are serious enough to commit time and money to a program that will seem frustrating for years. ....

This is not kamikaze politics. It is stealth politics. It is possible only through steady work, but work with a specific goal: to place principled people in positions of local authority in preparation for the day the dollar dies. ....

Some group will exercise such local authority. Better us than them -- the fundamental principle of all politics. ....

The American Establishment -- political, economic, media, and educational -- has bet the farm on a program of control from the top. Technology is moving the other way, toward control from the bottom. Newspapers are dying, except for the Wall Street Journal. The TV networks are dying: lower market share every year. Printed political magazines are dying. Subscription publications are dying. Reporters are being laid off -- permanently. Columnists are graying, and their pensions are in doubt. ....

Isn't the Web wonderful? The Establishment's outlets of official opinion are like the Titanic. They have hit the digital iceberg and are sinking. ....

Matt Drudge has more grass roots political influence than the New York Times, and everyone in the game of politics knows it. This fact galls liberals, but there is not a thing they can do about it. The Web has changed the rules of the political game -- and most other games as well. ....

Ron Paul's philosophy of civil government is consistent with control from the bottom. This is his great advantage. I hope he presses this advantage. ....

Note: I served as Congressman Paul's research assistant during his first term in Congress, 1976....

hillertexas
02-06-2008, 10:31 AM
bump

the_bee
02-06-2008, 10:35 AM
Qwerty for VP!!!

http://ron-paul-campaign.blogspot.com/2008/02/super-tuesday-winner.html

I thouhg it would be good to post it here

But thanks

qwerty
02-06-2008, 12:31 PM
Bump!

m72mc
02-06-2008, 12:43 PM
GET DONATIONS TO CONTINUE THE CAMPAIGN!

IT`S CRUCIAL NOW!!!!

:cool::D

manny
02-06-2008, 12:51 PM
thanks qwerty

and thanks rancher for keeping posting those messages - both very good.

I still don't think this is over.

Fighting for truth and justice is it's own reward. In life I generally dig my heels in and refuse to compromise and will do that here.

But moreover I still think Ron has a shot at becoming Rep nominee. It would be crazy to believe it will be easy but it is not impossible.

Last night told us two things. McCain (to the disgust of most of the party) is the front-runner. Romney bet everything, with blank-check funding, on stopping him and failed. Seems too many saw Romney as the RINO he is. Surely he won't stick around much longer getting humiliated like this? Not certain though.

Our angle now must be simple - Ron is conservative. Point to record on taxes, guns, states' rights, homeschooling, bill of rights etc. We need to turn the anti -McCain backlash into one with Ron at it's head.

RINO Romney cannot beat Amnesty loving liberal McCain. Huckabee is a class-warrior socialist. We've got to get conservatives out for Ron.

I frequent a fair few conservative websites and if you guys saw the stuff they say you would be amazed. So many here accept ron is the perfect conservative and delight in finding ways he appeals to left-wingers. It sounds absurd but a lot of average republicans think Ron is a liberal. Bush/McCain have got them seriously believing that being a Hillary Clinton-style interventionist is conservative and they've done this by dressing it up with "patriotic" packaging.

To counter this is hard. Push people and they resist, trying to be patriotic.

I think it's time to spread our focus away from the war. First we need people to realise that Ron is the conservative par excellence in the race. Then they'll look at his foreign policy in a different light.

Focus on conservative issues. Get groups to fight for Ron to stop McCain. There are still half the states to go.

I still believe that with millions of dollars Ron has some plan and can do a lot better than last night. Normally after super-tues people lose focus. Something tells me Ron's supporters will go hard forever. With half the states still to go we can pick up loads of delegates. I think we have an excellent shot at getting - if their candidates drop out - many of Huck and Romney's delegates to vote for Ron instead of McAmnesty at the brokered convention. I think there's a good chance more economic and foreign policy factors will be going our way by then too.

So we're cut and bleeding at the end of the 7th round. Every round from now on is going to hurt more and more, and require more motivation. The brutal KO we can deleiver on McAmnesty in the dying seconds of the 15th round will make it worthwhile.

Ron Paul is the most conservative guy running. Make sure everyone knows this.

uncle saddam
02-06-2008, 12:53 PM
Bump.

DONATE NOW!

Vet_from_cali
02-06-2008, 01:06 PM
how is noone close to the nomination? mccain is more than half way there with his delegates right?

tamor
02-06-2008, 01:12 PM
bump

qwerty
02-06-2008, 01:33 PM
Bump!

qwerty
02-06-2008, 02:20 PM
thanks qwerty

THANK YOU, for being part of this great campaign!

Eponym_mi
02-06-2008, 02:25 PM
Someone needs to find McCain in bed with a boy or something. We need some dirt to take him down a few notches.

affa
02-06-2008, 02:29 PM
Someone needs to find McCain in bed with a boy or something. We need some dirt to take him down a few notches.

Not sure about that specific suggestion, but there is enough dirt on McCain to take him down (the POW scandal should do it nicely). The trick is getting people to hear about it.

Eponym_mi
02-06-2008, 02:39 PM
Not sure about that specific suggestion, but there is enough dirt on McCain to take him down (the POW scandal should do it nicely). The trick is getting people to hear about it.

We need something REALLY dirty on him. The stuff that is out so far isn't doing the job.

manny
02-06-2008, 02:43 PM

If only we could find out that he supported amnesty for illegal immigrants. Or that he worked with Ted Kennedy. Or maybe find a pic of him and Hillary looking chummy. Or maybe some youtubes of him joking about bombing iran, having a 10,000year crusade in iraq and calling asian people "gooks". Or maybe catch him saying he doesn't know much about economics.... :D

We have plenty of dirt on that RINO.

The problem with McCain is that he has strayed so so far from conservative principles of the rule of law, limited government and individual liberty.

The challenge for us is to point out that Ron Paul is the man who has, through thick and thin, through 30 years in politics, upheld conservative political ideals.

Antialiased
02-06-2008, 02:58 PM
If only we could find out that he supported amnesty for illegal immigrants. Or that he worked with Ted Kennedy. Or maybe find a pic of him and Hillary looking chummy. Or maybe some youtubes of him joking about bombing iran, having a 10,000year crusade in iraq and calling asian people "gooks". Or maybe catch him saying he doesn't know much about economics.... :D . . .

QFT. I mean really, what sort of warped world do we live in where if a guy is caught attempting to seduce another guy who's 17 his political career is ruined but if he supports the killing of thousands or even millions of people he becomes a viable candidate for president. WTF??? Is it really necessary to find 'dirt' on a man who supports killing people without provocation??? How can any dirt that's dug up be worse than that?

PepperdotNet
02-06-2008, 03:08 PM
the real dirt on McCain is being held for release at the appropriate time, when he's the nominee.

Media's plan = make him nominee, then crush him. Hillbama wins.

back on topic. This is a great thread. Especially the part about "stealth politics"

I am seriously considering running for local office.