PDA

View Full Version : Ron Paul has lost the Republican Race, Indy time!

paul4justice
02-06-2008, 01:15 AM
Ron Paul has lost the Republican race. If anyone still doubts that, go hit yourself a few times across the face with the reality stick an meet me in the kitchen for serious talk.

Kitchen: Okay, now that we are being HONEST, we must get Paul to run as an Indy. We have plenty of time before the election and Paul vs Hillary vs McCain is a good match up for us. We can substitute Obama for Hillary and still do OK. Hopefully Paul is ready to do this, to go the whole 9 yards. He is getting older now, so we must remember that he might just not want to cross the republicans again. So we might not be able to get him to run, in which case I think we like his son (a lot of us). So in any case we need to get him to run. Hopefully he will take us up on it.

On top of which, the Ineptitude of his campaign is frightening and we should run ourselves completely separate from HQ. I'm sure we've all heard of the ads both on TV and radio well after the primaries have closed. HQ is a disgrace. I think theres a mole in it too.

Lets not give up on Paul :) Lets soldier on to an Independent Victory against our ruling elite.

P4J

literatim
02-06-2008, 01:16 AM
I don't know why people keep making these threads. It will be Ron Paul's choice on what he wants to do and forums posts won't influence it.

Paul10
02-06-2008, 01:18 AM

blakjak
02-06-2008, 01:19 AM
I would still support it because it only takes like 2% to ruin the election for the Repubs.
They lose anyways though.

Yup, Repubs are losing regardless if Paul runs or not.

colecrowe
02-06-2008, 01:21 AM
http://www.ronpaulwhitehouse.com/

MrZach
02-06-2008, 01:23 AM
So pliable... So sad...

I hear no fat lady singing...

To all this Indy talk, I have one word to respond with:

NUTS!

paul4justice
02-06-2008, 01:29 AM
The fat lady sung this morning, she screamed her freakin' head off. RP is NOT going to be the Republican Candidate. Get over it.

We need to think about pooling ourselves into an Independent format. Now, before its too late.

P4J

MrZach
02-06-2008, 01:33 AM
Staying in the race is the best way to get the message out right now.

Americans want Drama - going Indy like everyone expected or challenging the GOP right down the convention in a Quixote style fight - which drama do you think is going to sell more tickets?

I think staying in the GOP race will get the message out best at this point... No "quitting" until a winner is crowned - THEN think about going Indy, but until then - keep up the drama... only half the states have voted at this point - there is still plenty of time to garner support and attention elsewhere...

Think BIG big picture on this one.

paul4justice
02-06-2008, 01:39 AM
Drama? Lol, he is being ignored by the media. I think theres bout' a 0% chance of the average person having "drama" over RP. You might, they wont. He needs to get out there and Indy now. The longer hes Indy, the more people will take him serious because the longer they'll see all of us behind him. If he just comes out of nowhere they'll go "Yeah, right.... not throwin' my vote away". We need to push him like never ever before :). And it needs to be Indy. What are we going to do at convention? Throw our (by then) 30 delegates down (against their 100's) and say "Make me President!". Pfft. Real Dramatic. I wouldn't even buy a ticket to see that. We need Indy and we need it now.

P4J

RonPaulMTV
02-06-2008, 01:41 AM

Americans want Drama - going Indy like everyone expected or challenging the GOP right down the convention in a Quixote style fight - which drama do you think is going to sell more tickets?

I think staying in the GOP race will get the message out best at this point... No "quitting" until a winner is crowned - THEN think about going Indy, but until then - keep up the drama... only half the states have voted at this point - there is still plenty of time to garner support and attention elsewhere...

I agree. We literally haven't scratched the surface as far as awareness goes. Think of the platform he could have to spread his message. Don't know about you, but I don't trust the vote count one bit, so I think at this point it's more important that he goes all the way, shouting his message until the last day. If nothing else, he will go down in history as the the guy who tried to save falling America. I sure as hell am not voting for one of those shills.

MrZach
02-06-2008, 01:43 AM
If Ron Paul goes Indy, he should go when no one expects it. Now would not be the time. It would be laughed at and then ignored. Momentum is still building. Going indy now will just crush the momentum.

The Tao Of Bill
02-06-2008, 01:44 AM
Running as an independent means one less Ron Paul Republican in congress. Use you brains people. He is much more valuable to the movement by focusing his efforts on his congressional run. There are other 3rd party candidates who can spread a libertarian message. Ron Paul is needed elsewhere.

RonPaulMTV
02-06-2008, 01:45 AM
Drama? Lol, he is being ignored by the media. I think theres bout' a 0% chance of the average person having "drama" over RP. You might, they wont. He needs to get out there and Indy now. The longer hes Indy, the more people will take him serious because the longer they'll see all of us behind him. If he just comes out of nowhere they'll go "Yeah, right.... not throwin' my vote away". We need to push him like never ever before :). And it needs to be Indy. What are we going to do at convention? Throw our (by then) 30 delegates down (against their 100's) and say "Make me President!". Pfft. Real Dramatic. I wouldn't even buy a ticket to see that. We need Indy and we need it now.

P4J

This is no time to quit. I don't know who really expected the Republican power base to just roll over and hand him the power. This transcends political party and it would be wrong to dismantle the infrastructure now when so many have worked hard for it.

RonPaulMTV
02-06-2008, 01:48 AM
Running as an independent means one less Ron Paul Republican in congress. Use you brains people. He is much more valuable to the movement by focusing his efforts on his congressional run. There are other 3rd party candidates who can spread a libertarian message. Ron Paul is needed elsewhere.

He's so outnumbered in congress that I think it's time to continue to build on the profile he's gained so far. Imagine if he was one of three in the general. No better way to reach millions of people.

The Tao Of Bill
02-06-2008, 01:52 AM
He's so outnumbered in congress that I think it's time to continue to build on the profile he's gained so far. Imagine if he was one of three in the general. No better way to reach millions of people. That's kinda the point. To get him and others like him in office. We have a better chance at sneaking in a few Ron Paul republicans then gaining even a small amount of momentum in the general election.

Democrats will not support a third party candidate because they've had a thing against third parties since Nader stole the election from Gore. And republicans aren't going to support a third party because they feel it's more important to keep the overwhelming democrats out of office. This is going to be the year of party loyalties. Ron Paul doesn't stand a chance.

It would do the movement more good to try to get as many people with Ron Paul's platform or at least allies of Ron Paul's platform into office. Even if it's just 2 or 3 people we can build from there. If you were expecting an overnight revolution then you got involved with the wrong movement.

paul4justice
02-06-2008, 01:54 AM
Exactly RonpaulMTV one of the three. Right now he isn't one of any three. He is not going to be anything, we need him to commit to an Indy run.

P4J

performance
02-06-2008, 02:01 AM
There is no way for the GOP to win. If you do a statistical analysis based on votes during the primaries its going to be 99% a democratic president.

From everything i've seen regarding Ron Paul's campaign, it does not look like he is trying to go for the presidential nomination it looks more like the beginning of a major party. If the Libertarians are trying to start a party this is the perfect time to start. Anti-republican momentum is huge and you cannot have an election with 1 choice.

Take a good hard look at his campaign staff and ask yourself whether these guys can really run for the Republican party. They can't. Its obvious.

I think a good question is would Ron paul supporters support him in a different party with the same platform?

The Tao Of Bill
02-06-2008, 02:01 AM
What good has an indy run done for Anyone? Seriously. What good has it done? Are we going to be as successful as Ross Perot? Probably not. We don't have his resources and we certainly won't be gaining them. This is not going to be a year where people ditch their party loyalties. Democrats are scared to death of third parties taking votes from them and causing another republican win. Republicans are scared to death of the overwhelming support for democrats and will do whatever they can to keep them out of office, including avoiding third parties like the plague.

This is just not the year for success in the third party world.

Even if Ron Paul were to get invited to the debates, would it do any good? Did it do the Ross Perot platform any good? Nope. It only scared the republicans from voting third party because it led to a Clinton re-election.

If we want real change to happen we gotta take a look at the one 3rd partyish movement to be successful. I'm talking about the Neo-Cons. They didn't succeed by running third party. They succeeded by infiltrating one of the main parties. That's what we have to do. We have to slowly build up an army in congress. And then once we gain respect from the establishment that's when we take the white house.

RonPaulMTV
02-06-2008, 02:10 AM
That's kinda the point. To get him and others like him in office. We have a better chance at sneaking in a few Ron Paul republicans then gaining even a small amount of momentum in the general election.

Democrats will not support a third party candidate because they've had a thing against third parties since Nader stole the election from Gore. And republicans aren't going to support a third party because they feel it's more important to keep the overwhelming democrats out of office. This is going to be the year of party loyalties. Ron Paul doesn't stand a chance.

It would do the movement more good to try to get as many people with Ron Paul's platform or at least allies of Ron Paul's platform into office. Even if it's just 2 or 3 people we can build from there. If you were expecting an overnight revolution then you got involved with the wrong movement.

Ron Paul is 72 - it's now or never, and he's a great communicator. Boosting his visibility will do more than anything else to inspire new young public servants to follow in his footsteps. Nothing is more powerful than an IDEA ... just ask Bob Dylan. It's a volatile time like the 60s and this movement has more substance than the hippie movement. The system is broken, the cracks must be exposed - you can't tiptoe slowly into an imploding government, you've got to make some noise. America as we know it is gone ... this is a new era as RP says.

The Tao Of Bill
02-06-2008, 02:12 AM
Ron Paul is 72 - it's now or never, and he's a great communicator. Boosting his visibility will do more than anything else to inspire new young public servants to follow in his footsteps. Nothing is more powerful than an IDEA ... just ask Bob Dylan. It's a volatile time like the 60s and this movement has more substance than the hippie movement. The system is broken, the cracks must be exposed - you can't tiptoe slowly into an imploding government, you've got to make some noise. America as we know it is gone ... this is a new era as RP says. Ron Paul is not needed to spread a message. That's our part not his. He did his part. It's time for him to continue the fight where he will actually have the power to do so. In congress along with the rest of the ron paul republicans we will try to get elected in november. What does Paul being 72 have anything to do with anything? Paul didn't invent this movement. He simply jumpstarted it. Others can take his place.

performance
02-06-2008, 02:13 AM
Neo-cons succeeded because of money. They cater to corporations and business. In other words there was support for them before they started.

The problem we have is that young voters support Ron Paul's platform while old baby boomers support republicans like Mccain.

Whether or not Ron paul wins the showing of support will determine the future of a libertarian party. It gives the party an idea of the changing demographics of America.

Madison
02-06-2008, 02:13 AM
I don't know why people keep making these threads. It will be Ron Paul's choice on what he wants to do and forums posts won't influence it.

Paul ran for president because he was encouraged by others to do so, while reluctant to do it himself. The same thing must happen to begin his independent candidacy.

colecrowe
02-06-2008, 02:14 AM

Not going to happen. Ron's going to defend his congressional seat.

That will be so much better than having a Ron Paul iNDY president in January. 1 out of 435 or whatever it is, who's never gotten a bill past committee. Yeah another 8 years or whatever in the house is so important compared to being president. I maintain it would be a worthy sacrifice. He has to try to win the white house.

Madison
02-06-2008, 02:14 AM
On top of which, the Ineptitude of his campaign is frightening and we should run ourselves completely separate from HQ.

+1

The Tao Of Bill
02-06-2008, 02:15 AM
Neo-cons succeeded because of money. They cater to corporations and business. In other words there was support for them before they started.

The problem we have is that young voters support Ron Paul's platform while old baby boomers support republicans like Mccain.

Whether or not Ron paul wins the showing of support will determine the future of a libertarian party. It gives the party an idea of the changing demographics of America. How will Ron Paul running as an independent help libertarians when they have their own nominee? It will only divide the libertarians and hurt them. We should allow Ron Paul to focus on congress and support the libertarian nominee.

performance
02-06-2008, 02:18 AM
Paul ran for president because he was encouraged by others to do so, while reluctant to do it himself. The same thing must happen to begin his independent candidacy.

Yes, people need let everyone know that they would support him regardless of the name of the party. If you are afraid of "libertarian" or something that doesn't say democrat and/or republican somewhere then you are just another sheep of MSM and the establishment.

If anything this is much more important than winning the nomination. He is out there waiting to see how many people support this idea he carries with him. Without support he can't do anything.

How will Ron Paul running as an independent help libertarians when they have their own nominee? It will only divide the libertarians and hurt them. We should allow Ron Paul to focus on congress and support the libertarian nominee.

Libertarians are not some separate entity. It consists wholly of the people who support it. We are supporting Ron Paul and his platform. What he calls himself makes no difference.

This is a free country, you can vote for whoever you want. If the next election everyone voted libertarian then the president will be libertarian and the republicans die. This is the whole notion of democracy.

syborius
02-06-2008, 02:22 AM

sorry, Indy has a better chance. We can't squeeze out anymore than what we got out of the repub machine. They have this locked down pretty well. Indy is still a shot but honestly the whole voting system needs to be overhauled before we can ever hope to restore liberty to this country

performance
02-06-2008, 02:24 AM
sorry, Indy has a better chance. We can't squeeze out anymore than what we got out of the repub machine. They have this locked down pretty well. Indy is still a shot but honestly the whole voting system needs to be overhauled before we can ever hope to restore liberty to this country

Liberty will be restored when baby boomers retire and die and we are the ruling generation.

Elegy
02-06-2008, 02:27 AM
How will Ron Paul running as an independent help libertarians when they have their own nominee? It will only divide the libertarians and hurt them. We should allow Ron Paul to focus on congress and support the libertarian nominee.

You are forgetting people who vote on issues like abortion, they, like myself would never vote for a pro abortion candidate. I'm writing RP in if he doesn't run indy, he's the only candidate with the total package of ideas I agree with. I'd like to see the Const and Libert. parties have joint support for RP this election if he runs indy, but he'd have to announce soon. Either way, Paul is getting my vote.

RonPaulGeorge&Ringo
02-06-2008, 02:29 AM
BOTH!

faraway
02-06-2008, 02:55 AM
In an attempt to cheer myself up I just pulled up the Libertarian results from the 2004 elections . . . guess what, .034% of the vote! 4th place behind Nader. With the same message, to have jumped to 5% or so nationally, as high as 17% in some states is an miraculous feat in itself, with the media blackout and crooked vote counts to boot! This is most certainly because he is running as a Republican.

The freedom message has been out there for years, RP didn't invent it a year ago, the libertarians have been hanging in there for years, Ron Paul has been in there for decades as well. Why don't we emulate their perseverance and appreciate the huge gains being made.

Those bellyaching today I fear are overestimating the intellect of the American public which for the most part still completely believe in the 2 party illusion, and are living off government
handouts and jobs. I think the "throwing pearls before swine" analogy fits.

I think if we keep at it, and finance RP all the way to the convention, we will continue to grow, albeit slowly, and attract more attention to the message through our insistance than anything else.

We all want Paul to do better,

ErikBlack
02-06-2008, 03:10 AM

Is there any proof of Ron Paul's effectiveness in Congress? For 20 years he has been in Washington. What has he accomplished? He authors bills that aren't passed. He votes against bills that are. He has had very little, if any, legislative impact except perhaps on local issues affecting members of his district.

I think its time for Ron Paul to abandon his Congressional campaign and go all in for the presidency as an independent. He won't win but he can make a good showing, open a few minds, ruffle a few feathers and then retire with a bang and enjoy his remaining years rather than banging his head against the concrete wall of the political establishment.

Primbs
02-06-2008, 03:34 AM
If McCain and Clinton, two pro war candidates win, and Bloomberg jumps in, Paul could get a large vote in an Indy run. Nader might get in the race.

There would be extreme discontent on both sides.

But there are many downsides to a run.

ForLiberty-RonPaul
02-06-2008, 03:37 AM
The fat lady sung this morning, she screamed her freakin' head off. RP is NOT going to be the Republican Candidate. Get over it.

We need to think about pooling ourselves into an Independent format. Now, before its too late.

P4J

Troll, leave.

IDefendThePlatform
02-06-2008, 06:59 AM
If Ron Paul goes Indy, he should go when no one expects it. Now would not be the time. It would be laughed at and then ignored. Momentum is still building. Going indy now will just crush the momentum.

Agreed. I think he should wait until about a month from now. Also, I'm not sure if he should drop out of the Republican race and announce Indy at the same time, or wait a little bit between to see how things shake out and start fresh. Either way, it beats the other two options: 1) dropping out entirely(Please don't do this Dr. Paul!), 2) slogging along with fewer than 100 delegates to a convention where he has almost no chance at the nomination. I think we will get a much better response from people over the next 6 months running as an outsider Independent for President rather than as the candidate who has already been eliminated from contention for the Republican nomination.

runderwo
02-06-2008, 07:28 AM
Is there any proof of Ron Paul's effectiveness in Congress? For 20 years he has been in Washington. What has he accomplished? He authors bills that aren't passed. He votes against bills that are. He has had very little, if any, legislative impact except perhaps on local issues affecting members of his district.

http://www.house.gov/paul/press/press99/pr102999.htm

Not to mention being the Conscience of the whole gang of thieves.