PDA

View Full Version : Whats with all the Libertarian bashing?

Russellk30
02-06-2008, 01:07 AM
I found out about Ron Paul before I knew of the Libertarian Party. I joined and donate to the Libertarian Party because of Ron Paul.

Some say the Libertarian Party is a joke. Paul obviously didn’t think so. He is a lifelong member after all. We all know what party his ideals most closely align with. Do we simultaneously decry the methods of the MSM and listen to their distorted description of Libertarianism?

What is more of a joke, a huge political party that has abandoned its core philosophy and is only relevant because of America's culture of stupidity, or a small Party that sticks by its philosophy while focusing on educating Americans?

I realize that some people will never abandon the "Grand ol Party," but blind allegiance to a political party is a contributing factor to the decline of America.

Both Republicans and Democrats are nothing more than political prostitutes; willing to do whatever gives them power.

Why would anyone think we could take over the Republican Party? They are entrenched. They would commit suicide before sacrificing the reign of power to our cause. We have maybe 1 million supporters with not a great amount of wealth. The establishment has billions of dollars with hundreds of millions of sheep. The institutional power is massive. Even if we ever managed to take control, we would be stuck with that wonderful legacy they have. Theirs is a reputation that only the death of generations can erase.

If we all joined the Libertarian Party, we would be the Libertarian Party and much more. We would easily be able to get on all fifty state ballots. Cato and Reason would be obsolete, or at least revealed as the phonies they are. This would be the first viable third party in many decades, with a passion unequaled by all other parties combined.

Or we can start yet another third party whose philosophy closely aligns with that of the constitution and libertarian parties. I am sure that wouldn’t confuse most Americans! Giving our fellow citizens three party options for small government will do nothing to advance our cause. The Freedom movement is fractured. We would gain much more together than we ever would apart.

Karsten
02-06-2008, 01:11 AM
And I found out about Ron Paul FROM the Libertarian Party!!! They mentioned him at a Libertarian Party meeting in 2006 BEFORE he ran!! All of you Libertarian Bashers better recognize.