PDA

View Full Version : I WON! - I was selected to be a County, State, and Congressional district Delegate!

morlhzd
02-06-2008, 12:56 AM
(I have never felt so empowered, and happy that I live in Colorado!)
-------
In my Precinct Caucus tonight (in Colorado) the preference (beauty) poll came out as follows:

McCain 22 (numbers in people at the caucus- not pct)
Romney 19
Paul 6
Huckabee 2

However, delegates where selected based on what the other people in the room thought of you (as an individual) (after you had a chance to speak), and how much knowledge and passion you displayed.

I gave my speech (which was supposed to be under 1 minute) - I talked about Sound Money/Monetary policy, fiscal responsiblity, respect for the constitution, small govt, and low taxes (and how they relate to the colorado way of life) being the most important issues to me.

(basically no one knew who Ron Paul was, and what idea's he had - NO one understood how the Caucus worked)....

I never had to let anyone know what candidate I supported, they voted based on my thoughts and passion as an individual and my willingness to represent them in the state/congressional/national convention.

I won the county vote, the state vote, and the congressional district vote (by quite a bit). I am now a delegate in each - at each level I can be selected for the national convention (so I've got a good chance).

In colorado no delegates are bound to 1 candidate, so I can vote however I want.

I'm voting for RON Paul!

Another Ron Paul supporter was selected as the other State Delegate (a Romney person got the other Congressional district delegate spot).

So in terms of delegates for my Precinct:
County - 2/2 (each Ron Paul)
State - 2/2 (both Ron Paul)
Congressional District 1/2 (1 for Ron Paul).

I'm hoping all the other precints had similiar results.

(DON'T believe what you see on TV!)

It was truly Amazing - I didn't know the other Paul Person (who became a delegate) but talked to him quite a bit afterwards. Also talked to the sole Huckabee supporter in the Room and we actualy talked about monetary policy for quite some time -- I know I could have converted him very easily (but that doesn't really matter now)

I WON - Paul Won, We Won. Now it's onto the County, State, and District meetings - where I will hopefully become a national delegate!!!

** One major thing we have to do as a Party is to promote the Caucus system (one modeled after Colorado) as much as possible. It was incredible!

Some tips from tonight - that I think won it for me:
1: I dressed in a suit, I looked like I could've been walking into a board room.
2: I sat up front and made conversation with everyone.
3: I volunteered for a commitee position (to promote repubs in my county)
4: I was respectful to everyone, and at each chance stated my name and that I was excited to represent my city and state at each level.
3:

Avalon
02-06-2008, 01:04 AM
Nice story! When you find out how the other precincts did, can you either post an outlook in this thread: http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=113352 or PM it to me?

JohnCrabtree
02-06-2008, 01:16 AM
That's amazing!, hopefully there are many more success stories like yours. Thank you for going above and beyond, you are a true patriot. It's you, and people like you who will win us this race.

Grandson of Liberty
02-06-2008, 01:17 AM
Excellent job!

Joseph Hart
02-06-2008, 01:18 AM
Congrats! Im a RI Delegate for RP. Im very proud :)

RPinUptownChi
02-06-2008, 01:19 AM
--

VoteForRonPaul
02-06-2008, 01:21 AM
Great job! Thanks!

ronpaulblogsdotcom
02-06-2008, 01:21 AM
I nominate this for the best post for someone under 50 posts. You rocked it!

Maybe people will start thinking when the people who know what they are talking about are for Ron Paul. Maybe they should be for Ron Paul.

An example to us all.

eleganz
02-06-2008, 01:24 AM
so is there a current poll or count for how many official delegates who are ron paul supporters on this forum?

Ron LOL
02-06-2008, 01:25 AM
** One major thing we have to do as a Party is to promote the Caucus system (one modeled after Colorado) as much as possible. It was incredible!

Some tips from tonight - that I think won it for me:
1: I dressed in a suit, I looked like I could've been walking into a board room.
2: I sat up front and made conversation with everyone.
3: I volunteered for a commitee position (to promote repubs in my county)
4: I was respectful to everyone, and at each chance stated my name and that I was excited to represent my city and state at each level.
3:

Isn't it just absolutely SHOCKING to learn that we actually get results when we aren't screaming about "NWO this" and "CFR that?" Or, hell, when we just aren't screaming in general?

As ever, the grassroots is Ron Paul's greatest strength and his most crippling weakness.

MrZach
02-06-2008, 01:29 AM
Rock ON man...

See? People LOVE Ron Paul's platform, they just don't know it because the MSM keeps them ignorant as all get out! If this is how all delegates were selected, Ron Paul would be a shoe-in easy as pie. It is sad that all the other candidates have to rely on the ignorance of the American people...

eleganz
02-06-2008, 01:30 AM
Are there any more caucases in the remaining states after Super Tuesday? I think everybody in the rest of the states need to mimic morlhzd's efforts!!!

Ronin
02-06-2008, 01:32 AM
Isn't it just absolutely SHOCKING to learn that we actually get results when we aren't screaming about "NWO this" and "CFR that?" Or, hell, when we just aren't screaming in general?

QFT. This isn't a Phish concert. It's politics.

molly_pitcher
02-06-2008, 01:51 AM
I love it that you guys are telling us about what happens! Iam going to be so prepared next month! Thanks!!

QCB79
02-06-2008, 01:54 AM
Excellent!!! congrats

morlhzd
02-06-2008, 01:55 AM
And to top off the night - I got my parents (both my mom and dad to agree to vote for Paul in Ohio - where they live). They live in Amish country (not Amish by any means themselves though) and had actually wondered about the Ron Paul signs around - but had never heard of him otherwise. They had been reluctant to vote for him when I first brought it up, but after hearing (and probably feeling good/proud) about my success tonight - agreed they would both be voting for Paul in Ohio! (Dad was previously a McCain supporter - yes I was disgusted at finding this out at first - and I probably hurt his feelings quite a bit when I first responded to this - ) My Mom's a hippie (or at least free thinker) at heart, and was relatively easy to convert.

This was a really good night! I would not have cared at all, If Dr. Paul had not been in the race.

THANK YOU DR. PAUL!!!!!!!!!!! (I can now say you cured my apathy - now help the Dr. cure everyone else's)

literatim
02-06-2008, 01:58 AM
Awesome, great job. Make sure you inform the official campaign about you becoming a delegate, also notify them about the other Ron Paul supporter becoming a delegate.

Craig_R
02-06-2008, 02:05 AM
Proof positive we can still win this thing!

aint no fat lady singin yet

morlhzd
02-06-2008, 03:31 AM
With all the delegates Paul has (offically, or in stealth mode) - plus all the new ones from the next 20 states - plus all the conversions. Yes we can still win!

I'm hoping for a convention that the history books will write about for generations!

That is my goal - to be part of a historic national convention, I'm working towards that as best I can.

nodope0695
02-06-2008, 03:43 AM
Good news. I needed to hear that. Good for you, and congratulations.

eleganz
02-06-2008, 03:51 AM
We need to keep threads like this bumped for many supporters that live in the coming primary/caucaus states so that they can be inspired to run for delegate in their state.

I haven't really realized it before, even with the warning threads of delegates being needed, I still never realized how important delegates were until I saw RP losing badly in California. I wish I can run for delegate now but it is too late so let us fully encourage and support people in the coming primary/caucaus states to run for delegate!!!

morlhzd has put it out in plain sight! it can't get any easier than this!

jointhefightforfreedom
02-06-2008, 03:57 AM
BUMP BUMP BUMP !!!
Brokered convention here we come!

literatim
02-06-2008, 02:07 PM
Bump.

bucfish
02-06-2008, 02:09 PM
I hope I see many more like you say the same thing. Do not give in to the MSM's horserace theory or the trolls saying we will not win. Remember the beauty contest plays to our strengths and in the end we will be in St. Paul.

raystone
02-06-2008, 02:32 PM
good going Morlhzd !!!!

you won
congressional district vote (by quite a bit).

I think many of us would find a great deal of value in specific details of your speech/presentations.

You mentioned monetary policy, fiscal, constitution, limited govt, relating to Colorado.

When you can take some time, can you write a piece on several examples of your points/examples/issues that seemed to gain the most positive response and call to vote for you ?

Thanks !

raystone
02-07-2008, 10:48 AM
bump

therealjjj77
02-07-2008, 10:59 AM
I had the same thing happen in my precinct. I was out numbered by Romney supporters and I also was the guy who gave the speech for Ron Paul. But they voted me in no problem. I simply asked the guy next to me to nominate me, didn't even know him. lol

Deborah K
02-07-2008, 11:01 AM
Blessings on you!!! This truly gives me great hope!

itshappening
02-07-2008, 11:03 AM
yesssssss! well done Morlhzd!!

this is how we win:)

xRedfoxx
02-07-2008, 11:11 AM
Great post!! I'm on the same path as you too!!! Maybe we'll all meet at the National Convention!!

762x54r
02-07-2008, 11:26 AM
Ok I am also a Colorado delegate...county delegates meet march 31st.

my precinct went as follows:

19 total;
2 paul (wife and I)
2 huckabee
7MCnever
8 romney

Now that Romney is out I feel even better.

(you should have heard all the whispers about how interesting the strawpoll vote went when they announced the precinct totals....we were stealthy. The most politically active person dealt his hand and lost to me in the voting for delegates.)

I have never been a delegate so I could use some insight.

makrothymia
02-07-2008, 11:31 AM
about the campaign. It is too quiet out there. Thank you so much for letting us know!

mosquitobite
02-07-2008, 11:35 AM
Ok I am also a Colorado delegate...county delegates meet march 31st.

my precinct went as follows:

19 total;
2 paul (wife and I)
2 huckabee
7MCnever
8 romney

Now that Romney is out I feel even better.

(you should have heard all the whispers about how interesting the strawpoll vote went when they announced the precinct totals....we were stealthy. The most politically active person dealt his hand and lost to me in the voting for delegates.)

I have never been a delegate so I could use some insight.

Congrats to you too! :cool:

762x54r
02-07-2008, 11:38 AM
Congrats to you too! :cool:

:cool:

Thanks.

I am not able to canvas due to personal reasons so I give lotsa money.

I had not planned on being a delegate but there were also some RINO big gov types in our local elections that I want to oust.

I am going to work to take my party back.

whipnspur
02-07-2008, 11:40 AM
I guess this is as good a time as any to make my first post!

I too am a delegate for my precinct in Colorado and it also appears that I will have a state delegate position as well. I can also verify that there are to more RP leaning delegates from two other precincts in my county. They too are up for state delegate positions. So far from the precincts I have heard from in my county we are 100% RP.

762x54r
02-07-2008, 11:44 AM
I guess this is as good a time as any to make my first post!

I too am a delegate for my precinct in Colorado and it also appears that I will have a state delegate position as well. I can also verify that there are to more RP leaning delegates from two other precincts in my county. They too are up for state delegate positions. So far from the precincts I have heard from in my county we are 100% RP.

welcome to the boards!

Do you know how state delegates are chosen during the county meetings?

whipnspur
02-07-2008, 11:51 AM
The way it was done at my precinct location was that we nominated delegates to send to the county caucus to vote for the state delegates. I would like to say that it was a wonderful victory to be nominated and everything, but the truth is that basically I volunteered to do it because no one else wanted to. A win is a win though!

762x54r
02-07-2008, 12:08 PM
A win is a win though!

yes it is!

My wife nominated me. :o

I gave a speech about being new to CO and trying to get involved in local politics, having corresponded with my local officials and wanting to do my civic duty... took about 30 seconds.

I wonder how to go about getting to be a state delegate though...