PDA

View Full Version : My Letter To Google

Eli
08-08-2007, 03:36 PM
I wrote a letter to Google. I know there are many others that are doing the same. Perhaps something will happen. :)

Hi,
I understand Google doesn't like to play politics a lot, which is what makes it one of the greatest non-evil corporations in the world. I would like to request however that the company consider sending a contribution to presidential candidate Ron Paul. If you're not familiar with who he is, please Google him (lol). He is a great man that has dedicated his life and career to protecting civil liberties and rights to privacy and freedom, much like Google's trendsetting moto.

He's 72 years old. Granted he's obviously not a big nerd despite how much support he has on the Internet. He probably doesn't do a lot of blogging or browsing of Youtube; he also probably has no idea how the Internet works on a technical level or understand a thing about its workings. Yet, the guy seems to understand the politics behind it better than any of those Yahoos (pardon the pun) in Washington who seem to think it's nothing more than a series of "tubes." Somehow though they feel more than qualified to regulate it nonetheless. Insert Ron Paul. This 72 year old 10th term congressman has fought tooth and nail to protect the privacy and deregulation of the Internet from federal intervention. Would the department of homeland security have demanded private search data from your users had Ron Paul of been president? I don't f'in think so. :)

So I realize I am probably sending this respectful request to the wrong department, but if perhaps you could find it in your heart to maybe forward this around and see how high up in the office it can go; perhaps we can get a small contribution from Google to his campaign.

I have logic behind why Google should contribute but understand that I realize it sounds very odd to myself as well. I think you should contribute to his presidential campaign because it won't matter a bit to his policies and political stance. Ron Paul is not a politician that can be bought. No matter Google's views on him he will always fight hard to protect Google and keep them free from federal regulation and subpoenas. So you may not sway his views, or change his motivations to continue to fight for your spirit of free market enterprise with a contribution, but you will be doing a HUGE service to your country.

Thanks for listening,
Eli

Darren McFillintheBlank
08-08-2007, 03:38 PM

Kuldebar
08-08-2007, 03:39 PM
Nice letter, ripples in a deep pond can go a long way.

@Darren: pretty sure Eli knows that, he was being endearingly non-threatening in his presentation.

Eli
08-08-2007, 03:44 PM
I sent that letter to the press department. Even though Ron Paul spoke there I can't assume everyone at the company knows of him. I still made sure not to post a bunch of sales literature about him and a long winded excerpt of his voting record. I just wanted to keep them on the track of the contribution and not try to convince them to vote for him which probably would of resulted in them deleting the email before finishing it.

In the email though there is A LOT of references to things Google and google employees know and feel strongly about. So I think that was the better way to connect with them. Most of which I think any employee would be instantly able to spot and relate to.