PDA

View Full Version : Provisional ballots

The New Revere
02-06-2008, 12:40 AM
Since there was apparently a large number of people like myslef forced to do a provisional ballot I wonder if that explains some of the low numbers.

I wonder when those totals get added in.

HollyforRP
02-06-2008, 04:02 AM
Can you explain why alot of people had provisional ballots and does that mean your vote won't be counted?

This seems like a flat out set-up and voter fraud. What reason did they give you?

RonPaulFTW08
02-06-2008, 04:11 AM
Can you explain why alot of people had provisional ballots and does that mean your vote won't be counted?

This seems like a flat out set-up and voter fraud. What reason did they give you?

You know, there's so many different ways for them to cheat I dont even know where to start.

When I was at the ballot counting they said paper ballots (which im assuming include provisional ballots) get counted last - like the next day or something. In other words when the observers leave they are gonna have a nice big bon fire with the paper ballots.

Don't even worry about the provisional ballots. There is absolutely nothing remotely legit about CA's voting process. And to think I was getting worked up about NH haaaaaah

The New Revere
02-06-2008, 04:36 AM
Most people who got a provisional weren't found on the polling roster, or were registered incorrectly with the wrong party.

Myself, my girlfriend, and one person i saw while I was there all had registered well before the deadline and were not on the lists. Our vote then needed to be verified as being at the right location and for the right party. I know mine was as I called the registrar and verified it.

I really think some kind of call for provisional and absentee voters to be compiled independantly and compared to the record. I also think the regular vote needs to be verified.

You should have gotten a proof of voting printout or serial code that came from the ballot.
Everyone could attest to the vote and if the numbers don't match a collection of the verifications could be taken to the proper authorities.

The amount of calls to the registrar concerning this was staggering. Something definetly was amiss.

slamhead
02-06-2008, 07:55 AM
Make sure you keep your polling receipt. Your vote can be verified with that receipt.

RonPaulFTW08
02-06-2008, 01:15 PM

RonPaulFTW08
02-06-2008, 01:19 PM
Most people who got a provisional weren't found on the polling roster, or were registered incorrectly with the wrong party.

Myself, my girlfriend, and one person i saw while I was there all had registered well before the deadline and were not on the lists. Our vote then needed to be verified as being at the right location and for the right party. I know mine was as I called the registrar and verified it.

I really think some kind of call for provisional and absentee voters to be compiled independantly and compared to the record. I also think the regular vote needs to be verified.

You should have gotten a proof of voting printout or serial code that came from the ballot.
Everyone could attest to the vote and if the numbers don't match a collection of the verifications could be taken to the proper authorities.

The amount of calls to the registrar concerning this was staggering. Something definetly was amiss.

Can you go into more details about your vote needing to be "verified"? What exactly happened when you called the registrar? Also were you asked to show ID at the poll? I'm just trying to find out how easy it is for anyone to get a provisional ballot at any station and vote once or maybe twice and it still being counted. Also wondering if its true what I heard that you can vote with your sample ballot, in which case it makes things even more interesting.

FYI I was at the ballot counting at the registrars in orange county and they said tney would not even count any paper or provisional ballots until the next day (after all the observers are gone of course).

The preliminary results were displayed on the screen after the the absentees were "scanned" and long before any of the memory cards from the poll stations had arrived.

Throughout the night the results on the screen pretty much stayed EXACTLY THE SAME. The only real "update" made was that of the number of "precincts completed".

In other words, IMHO the results were determined for the entire state way before any of these memory cards were even read. The whole process was just them trying to reconcile the numbers so that it wouldn't look weird.

We saw 1 girl in the room with spreadsheets and a calculator and a pen crunching numbers. I wonder what this was all about. Next to her was one VERY nervous looking guy on the computer. He kept opening and closing windows, copying and pasting folders, and opening and closing some kind of spreadsheet. He had this flash memory card (not the same as the ones with from the voting machines, but just your typical flash drive) which he kept handing off to another guy who kept coming in and out of the room. There was another man next to them - the 2 exchanged voting machine memory cards at least once. Next to that man were the volunteer workers who were supposed to upload the incoming cards. Like I said the preliminary results were already displayed before these guys uploaded anything, and virtually stayed the same the whole night.

Next to the nervous computer guy was a tub of hundreds of memory cards bundled together. I inquired about that and was told that they were blank cards and were from the scanned absentee ballots. How could they be blank if they supposedly contained data off the absentee ballots? Also why were there hundreds of them? Unfortunately I missed the scanning process so I kinda felt stupid asking more questions.

But everything was extremely confusing, suspicious, and not very transparent at all. There were tons of sheriffs officers around and everyone just seemed to be paying attention to the unlodaing/unpacking of the memory cards and them being transferred to the computer room.

To me those 2 suspicious computer guys were definitely up to something with their flash memory cards. Everything else was just a show to distract people from what was really going on.

I had no camera, no evidence whatsoever. My first time being an observer and I really had no idea what to look for. But my gut feeling from being there is that there is something very, very, VERY fishy going on.

I have absolutely no confidence in the integrity of the California voting process at all after last night. I'm really drained right now and can't even think straight anymore. I don't even know if this post makes sense. But I need to stop thinking about this for today and hopefully things will be a bit clearer tomorrow. PM me if anyone has any comments or questions, or maybe even any answers.

The New Revere
02-06-2008, 03:09 PM
As I was not on the roster, I was made to vote with the provisional so that my adress and party affiliation could be checked against the registrar's record.

RonPaulFTW08
02-06-2008, 04:06 PM
As I was not on the roster, I was made to vote with the provisional so that my adress and party affiliation could be checked against the registrar's record.

So you'd think huh? I'd be willing to bet my life savings that there wont be any kind of checking going on whatsoever.

slamhead
02-06-2008, 04:09 PM
Read thread on So Cal votes not counted.

Ron Paul in 2008
02-06-2008, 11:25 PM
I am a registered as an absentee but I wanted to go to the polls for Dr. Paul. I went and they had me fill out a provisional ballot to make sure I didn't vote twice. They gave me a receipt and I was done. I threw it away though and now I am regretting it. Is there any way to check to see if my vote was counted still?

intelliot
02-07-2008, 01:23 AM
If you know the number on the receipt, you can probably track it. Mine's #7 from my polling place.

I also voted provisionally.