PDA

View Full Version : Guys, wake up.

armand61685
02-06-2008, 12:34 AM
Wake up. I want this to work as much as the next RP supporter, but if you take note of statistical sampling, 25ish states is half of the union (population). This past month is a good indicator of how RP will do in the next half the union.

aravoth
02-06-2008, 12:35 AM
Wake up. I want this to work as much as the next RP supporter, but if you take note of statistical sampling, 25ish states is half of the union (population). This past month is a good indicator of how RP will do in the next half the union.

I am awake, the rest of the country is fast asleep. We are thinkers, and I will never wake up from that.

AlexMerced
02-06-2008, 12:36 AM
I agree, though we did good by the standards of the foundation and base of a movement.

My concern is to continue might hrt the base with the constant morale killing losses, instead of focusing on winning congressional straw polls and primaries where we can easily win with our type of funding of power which would raise morale.

Plus we can recruit non-rp supporter into the fold in such an effort

Plus we need more congressmen for Ron Paul to sit with at lunch :P

armand61685
02-06-2008, 12:37 AM
I know but people are saying that Ron Paul still has a chance in the GOP. Let's face it, the system is broke. We have to build up the movement for congress or a third party run.

jdmyprez_deo_vindice
02-06-2008, 12:38 AM

I was asleep when I voted for Bush but I am wide awake now. I do not care how many states we have failed to win. The fact that I am here and fighting and not giving up is a win for me. The fact that my three children chant Ron Paul when they see his signs is a win for me. The fact that I feel pride in our past but great faith in our future is a win for me. No sir, I am not going anywhere. I am in this for life and will give my life if need be to restore this nation to it's initial glory.

armand61685
02-06-2008, 12:39 AM
Since we are the most active, we have to retain this level of energy so we can get RP republicans into congress. Barely anyone votes for congress people anyway. We would win those.

aravoth
02-06-2008, 12:40 AM
Since we are the most active, we have to retain this level of energy so we can get RP republicans into congress. Barely anyone votes for congress people anyway. We would win those.

And we will

AlexMerced
02-06-2008, 12:40 AM
I was asleep when I voted for Bush but I am wide awake now. I do not care how many states we have failed to win. The fact that I am here and fighting and not giving up is a win for me. The fact that my three children chant Ron Paul when they see his signs is a win for me. The fact that I feel pride in our past but great faith in our future is a win for me. No sir, I am not going anywhere. I am in this for life and will give my life if need be to restore this nation to it's initial glory.

you sir understand what this is about, click on the link in my sig and help me spread the message one person at a time

the_bee
02-06-2008, 12:54 AM
Once you’re unplugged from the matrix you can never go back!

mtbaird5687
02-06-2008, 12:58 AM
Posted this somewhere, but i'll put it here too:

I love Ron Paul, but he didn't win one state today, which pretty much shows you he doesn't have a shot.

McCain, the man we need to beat in delegates, has 45x the delegates we currently have. I had hope when the campaign started, but its just not possible anymore. It's no longer media bias keeping Ron Paul off the TV, its the fact that he can't possibly get the nomination so they have no reason to cover him.

I'm sorry to be such a downer, but I'm trying to be realistic here.

Grandson of Liberty
02-06-2008, 12:59 AM
I have faith we can turn the tide in Washington if we are willing to go the distance.

But this revolution must target the media just as much as it targets the government.

They must be held accountable.

Primbs
02-06-2008, 01:16 AM
There is a new article from newsmax magazine with Ron Paul on the cover but it talks about the future of the movement and how well it is doing.

2BFree
02-06-2008, 01:18 AM
I'm with you Grandson - but we can't target the media - we must exploit the media - we need to be smarter than they are.

Every other campaign takes the fight to their opponents - we don't.

The media loves dirt - and if we're afraid to get dirty - then we just don't get to play.

truthrewards
02-06-2008, 01:24 AM
I think RP still has a very good chance of winning.

The problem is people don't know who he is or what he stands for, this is because of the media blackout.

If the plan continues and we get all 180,000 leaders, we will have 100% of the country that our leaders can canvass, advertise, and basicly get the RP message out.

I would say at least 90% of those who hear the message become RP supporters. It is just a matter of time.

I am from florida and, I will tell you, support here is very low in general because of the MSM and lack of exposure, infact there wasn't any ads at all here and I did many sign waves with only a few honks. I think this will change if we keep growing until election day.

WRellim
02-06-2008, 02:07 AM
It's no longer media bias keeping Ron Paul off the TV, its the fact that he can't possibly get the nomination so they have no reason to cover him.

This is true ONLY if you accept the underlying premise that the ENTIRE purpose of the media and the election is to report on who is "winning" as if they were the announcer at the racetrack.

However, if you believe that even a SMALL part of the purpose of reporting and the election is to discuss ISSUES of importance concerning the DIRECTION of the ENTIRE COUNTRY as a whole... then it is UNacceptable.

Starting tomorrow, I am going to begin calling in to local radio callin/talk shows and telling them (and the public listening) that they -- and by "they" I mean the specific reporter or show host -- should be ASHAMED of themselves (and I will say it as "You, Mr Smith should be ASHAMED of yourself for... ") for doing 90% of their "reporting" as nothing but vain babbling about which horse is possibly in front.

And if there is some "professorial guest" I will specifically call and tell them that THEY deserve to be SHUNNED by their colleagues AND students for their own shameful part in DUMBING DOWN the elections in this country.

And I intent to FURTHER shame them with the VALID (if incomplete) analysis done by the "Project for Excellence In Journalism" showing the HUGE bias of the media in their relative coverage of candidates -- that in fact they do EVERYONE A GRAVE DISSERVICE. If they are "anti-war" I will inform them that by doing so they personally have blood on their hands. How? by contributing to the fact that many "anti-war" voters voted for McCain because they THOUGH he was anti-war... Why? Perhaps in part because the media virtually does NOT discuss politicians issue stands because they are SO preoccupied with polls and places and useless speculation.

And finally, I will state that EVERYONE ELSE who is listening should either change the channel, or turn the radio OFF until the wasteful speculative program is over.

It would be nice if others JOINED me in this type of effort.

It's kind of like "Chasing Rudy" -- but more to the point -- the media DESERVES our SCORN.

And you don't even have to mention Ron Paul -- heck the "Project for Excellence in Journalism" didn't bother either.

pacelli
02-06-2008, 02:11 AM
I won't be voting for anyone but Ron Paul on May 6 here in NC. I don't care if I have to write his name on the touch screen in my own blood.

Finally a candidate comes along who changes the way I look at the world, and I'm supposed to take my 1 little vote and put it somewhere else because "he's not electable".

Fuck electability. I'm voting with my conscience for once in my life.

armand61685
02-06-2008, 02:23 AM
Posted this somewhere, but i'll put it here too:

I love Ron Paul, but he didn't win one state today, which pretty much shows you he doesn't have a shot.

McCain, the man we need to beat in delegates, has 45x the delegates we currently have. I had hope when the campaign started, but its just not possible anymore. It's no longer media bias keeping Ron Paul off the TV, its the fact that he can't possibly get the nomination so they have no reason to cover him.

I'm sorry to be such a downer, but I'm trying to be realistic here.

i agree with this assessment.