PDA

View Full Version : How serious are we?

MinaSulo
02-06-2008, 12:32 AM
If Ron Paul wins in Alaska, it will prove that Alaska really does want to be free. Although I bet many of us believe that now, it will really prove it to us. So, how serious are we about wanting to be free?

I am serious enough to move to Alaska. I think, if people would be willing, many of us should move to Alaska. We should then all discuss US history, determine the exact causes that made America fall, rewrite the constitution to prevent that, and secede from the US.

I know many of you will call me names, think I am insane, but if America honestly won't wake up from its deep sleep, we need to take action. And I don't want people to believe that this is "giving up," because I believe that if we were to do this, we could really create probably the greatest country in the entire world. After that, we could set an example to the US and once they have awoken as we have, we could join them again.

But, for now, I think this could be the greatest thing that could happen if we were to do this. Alaska has many, MANY natural resources and our economy would completely boom. There are many good things.

Obviously, this wouldn't be instant and happen overnight but would take time. We would probably start planning it out after the election if Ron Paul does not win. and I say IF.

You do not have to agree with all I said, or any of it, but I would like to know your opinions on this matter without name-calling and insults. Thanks for reading.

No1ButPaul08
02-06-2008, 12:35 AM
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alaskan_Independence_Party

These people agree with you

Omnis
02-06-2008, 12:36 AM
Don't kid yourself. I really think this would be an incredible idea, but I hate to say that Alaska could get blown away because of it.

jmarinara
02-06-2008, 12:39 AM
Of course the US would go to war with us. I mean they have to preserve the Union, it's in the Constitution. . . .

oh wait a minute. . . .

Silverback
02-06-2008, 12:42 AM
Seccession might be a little ambitious as an initial goal, but I think you're on to something here.

The free state project initially considered Alaska as a potential choice of state, and I was one of many who voted for it. I believe very strongly they made a fatal mistake by choosing NH instead.

boethius27
02-06-2008, 12:48 AM
I've always wanted to move there anyway. I'm in.

MJfromCT
02-06-2008, 12:53 AM
It makes sense as far as like minded people and the wealth of natural resources however the U.S. would not allow that to happen. Alaska has a great likelihood of being America's key to economic revitalization thanks to the oil, natural gas and precious metals once our leaders accept what the world deems to be of real value.

mczerone
02-06-2008, 12:58 AM
Seccession might be a little ambitious as an initial goal, but I think you're on to something here.

The free state project initially considered Alaska as a potential choice of state, and I was one of many who voted for it. I believe very strongly they made a fatal mistake by choosing NH instead.

We need to think pre-planned communities, or talk to local governments for permission to start buying lands in bulk in an area.

Get Pulte or some Subdivision company to Market a couple of communities as "freedom loving", in addition to buying existing properties throughout the community.

kirkblitz
02-06-2008, 01:00 AM
looks alaska loves to be dominated :(

Silverback
02-06-2008, 01:04 AM
We need to think pre-planned communities, or talk to local governments for permission to start buying lands in bulk in an area.

Get Pulte or some Subdivision company to Market a couple of communities as "freedom loving", in addition to buying existing properties throughout the community.

I'm something of an expert on alternative housing, energy and agriculture, a member of the Log Home Builders Association of North America, and a former (small time) contractor and developer.

I'd love to get involved in a project like that.

Liberty, Alaska. pop. Paulites.

akforme
02-06-2008, 01:07 AM
I live here, have all my life. Come on up, you can get 4 acres for 20K

akforme
02-06-2008, 01:09 AM
We have a hot governer who's actually pretty good, she has like 85% approval because she doesn't take crap from the oil companies, although she increased spending :(

tarzan271
02-06-2008, 01:14 AM
Alaska has a crap load of land for sale to the public. But, agriculture and energy are 2 big hurdles to overcome. I am looking at starting a 501c in North Idaho to research affordable energy, organic farming, and substitance living. I want to teach people the basics of survival and living off the land. Skills most of us have never learned.

Silverback, do you mind if I bounce some of my ideas off of you since you are an expert?

abruzz0
02-06-2008, 01:19 AM
Now I know why I picked Alaska as my hero in 8th grade... 7 years ago

tarzan271
02-06-2008, 01:19 AM
Palins approval is dropping because she is screwing up the gasline deal. She thinks she can force businesses to invest $20 billion+ on her terms with no guarantees for locked tax rates in the future. She wants to liquefy NG and ship it in tankers to keep jobs here even though they already have a gasline in Canada we could tap into and it is MUCH more economical. This is a greedy state that thinks they can strong arm free enterprise.

Silverback
02-06-2008, 01:20 AM
Alaska has a crap load of land for sale to the public. But, agriculture and energy are 2 big hurdles to overcome. I am looking at starting a 501c in North Idaho to research affordable energy, organic farming, and substitance living. I want to teach people the basics of survival and living off the land. Skills most of us have never learned.

Silverback, do you mind if I bounce some of my ideas off of you since you are an expert?

Fire away, expert sounds a bit pretentious now it's bouncing back at me, but I have studied those subjects for decades...

TheEchoPlaza
02-06-2008, 01:20 AM
If everybody were to move there and decided to secede I would dare the US empire to try and stop us. The first thing we would do is threaten to cut off the oil pipeline, then see what they'd think about that! We'll probably be seceding from the North American Union, though, since thats only a few years away so I'd invite rebel faction of the Northwest Territories and British Columbia to combine with us. Oh, but if Ron Paul only gets 4th place in a Alaska like all the other places then is Alaska really that independent/libertarian like they like to claim they are??? Just some food for thought...

GryphonsClaw
02-06-2008, 02:14 AM
I've always wanted to move there anyway. I'm in.

US is going to sell off Alaska for 10 Trillion to Canada or Russia in order to pay for the national debt and soc security. Sorry guys.

samwe
02-07-2008, 01:30 PM
Palins approval is dropping because she is screwing up the gasline deal. She thinks she can force businesses to invest $20 billion+ on her terms with no guarantees for locked tax rates in the future. She wants to liquefy NG and ship it in tankers to keep jobs here even though they already have a gasline in Canada we could tap into and it is MUCH more economical. This is a greedy state that thinks they can strong arm free enterprise.

The all Alaska plan is preferred because most Alaskans want it. Personally I would rather have the overland route.

Compare oil and gas to mining.
Mines have to build there own infrastructure, have no tax (royalties really) guarantees, and they must actively use there leases.

The oil companies want 50 years of royalty guarantees, us to finance the infrastructure after they sat on teh gas leases for 3 decades.