PDA

View Full Version : Im ashamed to be a lumped in with the RP grassroots right now.

Jae0
02-06-2008, 12:29 AM
I see so many people here:
Talking about running third party or independent.
Saying we should give up.
Totally disregarding the other states who havent had their chance to vote yet.
Acting as if getting second place in a state that was winner take all was pointless, even though its still a second place finish...
Not donating the the campaign because of whatever complaint even though without money there is no campaign at all.

We started out with NOTHING and have gained SO MUCH!

Where did the fire go!? When I first heard of Ron Paul, I also heard how fired up and determined his supporters were. I thought, "Great! A group I can hang with. PEOPLE WHO CARE ABOUT GETTING THINGS DONE NO MATTER HOW TOUGH!"
But since i've started posting here, i've seen dozens of posts about third party runs and giving up and we have no chance...

Who are you people and where did the real Ron Paul supporters go, because I want to talk to them.

BreakYourChains
02-06-2008, 12:31 AM
Agree

MGreen
02-06-2008, 12:31 AM
Dude, we just got crushed in a whole bunch of states.

People will vent. They need to. Give it a few days, and hopefully the quitters will have quit and the rest of us can continue the fight. Many of us still have that fire.

CrownThyGood
02-06-2008, 12:32 AM
yeah .. don't fall by the way of the destroyers -- "divide and conquer" operate as one!

Jae0
02-06-2008, 12:33 AM
I've been hearing about third party runs and whining about everything under the sun since before the firs few states even voted.

Ron2Win
It happens people are down today.

Tomorrow the Pentagon announces they need 150 more F22's @ 200 mil a pop, people will be back here :D

zardiw
Right ON!!!......... FOCUS FOCUS FOCUS.......keep spreading the word. MOST people STILL haven't heard of Ron Paul!!!................z

CrownThyGood
Once you know the truth nothing else will do !

Paul.Bearer.of.Injustice
most of them are young'ins who haven't developed patience and foresight yet.
They are vital to our campaign from an energetic standpoint, but on the other hand sap the energy like vampires when things don't happen like they want.
What can you do? *shrugs*

Ara825
I'm still hopeful, we don't have our primary here in Texas until Mar 4th.

Roadrcr
In for the haul brother .. you cant negoiate my freedom

nate895
I ain't quittin' but it's best to go where it's theoretically possible to win outright without having to rely on sneaking in Delegates to a convention that will probably already be decided. Independent Run or out now and start working on Congress and 2012.

flames2dust77
02-06-2008, 12:34 AM
eh. lots of weirdos and trolls coming out of the woodwork lately. as far as supporters goes...it appears that alot of them that support a 3rd party run were just waiting for super tuesday so they could say, "I told you so." I do not agree with a 3rd party run. I feel we should ride this thing out all the way to the convention. In the end...it's whatever Dr. Paul sees fit.

Jae0
I'm still hopeful, we don't have our primary here in Texas until Mar 4th.

Exactly. Mine is in May. And there are people here basically saying that we shouldnt get to vote.

morerocklesstalk
I don't think anyone is saying to quit, on the opposite. We all want to see this continue even if we don't win the convention.

There is no reason to go full steam ahead in either case. We need all the publicity we can get and nothing would be better than actually winning a state.

scholarpreneur
02-06-2008, 12:36 AM
Well remember, this is an internet forum.

Every forum has its share of folks who like to make a new thread for every novel thought that occurs to them.

I think there are also a lot of younger people here who can be somewhat rash at times. I'm 22, so I know how emotional we can get. ;)

Jae0
02-06-2008, 12:38 AM
Im 23 and the only emotion I get is anger which makes me want to fight like hell. Not roll over and beg.

qh4dotcom
02-06-2008, 12:59 AM
All it takes is for McCain to lose the last little bit of grey matter he has left between his ears, say another dumb comment like his 100 year war and who knows...maybe Ron Paul will be back in the game.

Plus you have no idea what Hillary is going to do with him....there are millions of Hillary haters out there...if people have no other option besides those 2 and Ron Paul...maybe they will start to see the light.

Wingman
02-06-2008, 01:02 AM
i say... WE CAN DO IT!!!

WE CAN WIN!!!

WE CAN LIFT RON PAUL'S IDEAS TO THE HIGHEST LEVELS OF THE LAND!!!!

WE WILL MAKE THE DIFFERENCE!!!

FOR OUR CHILDREN...

Primbs
02-06-2008, 01:18 AM
With our delegates we get to help write the platform. Further, we are now a force to be contended with. We can fundraise and we have activists.