PDA

View Full Version : What did Ron Paul do with the money we donated?

intelliot
02-06-2008, 12:29 AM
ok, I’m sold. I voted for Ron Paul.
But what I want to know is, what’s he doing with all that money? I haven’t heard much publicity from him. What’s he doing to campaign? I got a zillion phone calls from McCain’s and Romney’s people, but none from Ron Paul.

My dad also said he got a call from an Obama person, even though we are (and always have been) Republicans.

Anyone have any idea?

nodope0695
02-06-2008, 12:33 AM
My dad also said he got a call from an Obama person, even though we are (and always have been) Republicans.

Anyone have any idea?

I wish I knew. I hate to say it, but I'm feeling a little left out in the cold by the official campaign. I haven't seen any ads here in MD either. ZERO publicity from the campaign. All the signs that are up (and there's alot) have been placed by us grassroots people.

I hope its all part of a bigger plan.

Richandler
02-06-2008, 12:52 AM
Obama's supporters went to the campaign and volunteered to call. Most of the grassroots here wanted nothing to do with the official campaign. Simply put all that money doesn't go very far especially when you don't have it from the very beginning for name recognition's sake.

intelliot
02-06-2008, 01:21 AM
Sure, I understand that, but he did get some money, and I don't see where any of that went. Why doesn't the campaign reveal some kind of fund allocation chart? e.g. 35% printed literature, 30% TV ads, 25% radio ads, etc. (fake numbers) so we can see where it went?

Perhaps the issue is just that nobody would ever agree, and no matter what the numbers were, someone would be unhappy with it...

Still, I think some insight is better than nothing.

RonPaulFTW08
02-06-2008, 03:09 AM
They called me and texted my friend. Ron Paul said I'm the shiznit for donating.

RonPaulFTW08
02-06-2008, 03:11 AM
Sure, I understand that, but he did get some money, and I don't see where any of that went. Why doesn't the campaign reveal some kind of fund allocation chart? e.g. 35% printed literature, 30% TV ads, 25% radio ads, etc. (fake numbers) so we can see where it went?

Perhaps the issue is just that nobody would ever agree, and no matter what the numbers were, someone would be unhappy with it...

Still, I think some insight is better than nothing.

There is some kind of breakdown. They have to file all their sh&t with the FEC. Where? I don't know. I just know it's available - go look for it.

oldworldorder
02-06-2008, 04:23 AM
Before I get flamed to a cinder - I voted for Ron, will vote or write the dude in if need be in November. My household gave more than we had (more than 2K) at the office, passed out lit, yard signs, conversations the whole drill... I never heard an ad or saw an ad here in LA county. I got a recorded call from RP to remind me to vote, like any RP supporter needs a reminder of a day they're living for this month - nice spend HQ.

I've done this drill with other liberty minded candidates when they've come along before, namely Harry Browne and then much more successfully with Pat Buchanan...and felt this one would be able to build on the PJB successes because of the overwhelming outpouring of energy from tens of thousands of regular joes like me - done all this, been there and seen it all and I'm here to tell you without a doubt it's time to get real here about HQ. We may be the most kick ass grassroots ever, but the grass itself is totally inept. Enough with the excuses and the rationalizing for them.

This continued failure lays squarely on the shoulders of the official campaign.

The money excuse is garbage. McCain was written off and broke in November, Ghoulianni had the name, emotional and media love and 3x as much money. It isn't about money.

The campaign is playing the game all wrong and quite frankly until some heads roll and the direction changes, no way I'm giving another dollar to this inept HQ operation which we have all given plenty of resources and time to get themselves together. I feel bad for Ron, without a doubt the good man with the message has been f'd over by a bunch of carpet baggers and posers at the least, if not flat out crooks.

Now lets get to California and obvious election fraud. Obama with a 13 point Zogby lead yesterday evaporates to a 13 point loss today? a 26 point swing? Romney with a 7 point lead yesterday evaporates to a 10 point loss today? a 17 point swing? Just like New Hampshire. How convenient. No way, no how, without fraud - except its even worse than that they just do it out in the open now and no one says a word. Ron with no more than 5% of any county in CA, 4th and 5th overall in states that were practically uncontested? I don't buy that one bit.

All of us, not just us Ron Paul supporters, are in deep, deep shit. I hope I can find some of you good people out there when it all finally hits the fan.

RonPaulFTW08
02-06-2008, 04:29 AM
Before I get flamed to a cinder - I voted for Ron, will vote or write the dude in if need be in November. My household gave more than we had (more than 2K) at the office, passed out lit, yard signs, conversations the whole drill... I never heard an ad or saw an ad here in LA county. I got a recorded call from RP to remind me to vote, like any RP supporter needs a reminder of a day they're living for this month - nice spend HQ.

I've done this drill with other liberty minded candidates when they've come along before, namely Harry Browne and then much more successfully with Pat Buchanan...and felt this one would be able to build on the PJB successes because of the overwhelming outpouring of energy from tens of thousands of regular joes like me - done all this, been there and seen it all and I'm here to tell you without a doubt it's time to get real here about HQ. We may be the most kick ass grassroots ever, but the grass itself is totally inept. Enough with the excuses and the rationalizing for them.

This continued failure lays squarely on the shoulders of the official campaign.

The money excuse is garbage. McCain was written off and broke in November, Ghoulianni had the name, emotional and media love and 3x as much money. It isn't about money.

The campaign is playing the game all wrong and quite frankly until some heads roll and the direction changes, no way I'm giving another dollar to this inept HQ operation which we have all given plenty of resources and time to get themselves together. I feel bad for Ron, without a doubt the good man with the message has been f'd over by a bunch of carpet baggers and posers at the least, if not flat out crooks.

Now lets get to California and obvious election fraud. Obama with a 13 point Zogby lead yesterday evaporates to a 13 point loss today? a 26 point swing? Romney with a 7 point lead yesterday evaporates to a 10 point loss today? a 17 point swing? Just like New Hampshire. How convenient. No way, no how, without fraud - except its even worse than that they just do it out in the open now and no one says a word. Ron with no more than 5% of any county in CA, 4th and 5th overall in states that were practically uncontested? I don't buy that one bit.

All of us, not just us Ron Paul supporters, are in deep, deep shit. I hope I can find some of you good people out there when it all finally hits the fan.

I whole heartedly agree on you with the vote fraud. It has to have been on a massive scale since virtually every single county reported the same exactly results.

A recount in a few of the counties will definitely make it clear whether there is something fishy going on. I will pray tonight that someone has noticed something and taken video footage that might lead to an initiation of a recount.

noztnac
02-06-2008, 04:37 AM
In South Carolina all I saw was Ron Paul signs everywhere. Everyone I met everywhere I went voted for Ron Paul. I don't believe the results for a second.

dkim68
02-06-2008, 06:42 AM
I got a call from the official campaign on Monday and also a recorded message from Ron Paul himself. The thing I was annoyed about was that my own State COMMUNICATIONS Coordinator has never returned my e-mails since last November. I seriously think it's time for Paul to sit down and weed out the staff that are just along for the ride and gobbling up precious campaign funds. He needs to hire hardworking, dedicated, loyal people from the Grassroots pool. People who are skilled, talented and willing to work long hours with little pay because they believe in Ron Paul.

JordanQ72
02-06-2008, 02:57 PM

Regardless of what you might think of Zogby, they've had a lot of shaky polls before, and their reputation isn't as amazing as you might think.

Also, you can't just cherry pick polls like that. Look at http://www.surveyusa.com/client/PollReport.aspx?g=820141bb-aa0f-4e2d-b13b-44384b69f1f4 for example. Talk about nailing it dead on.

HOLLYWOOD
02-06-2008, 03:16 PM
Regardless of what you might think of Zogby, they've had a lot of shaky polls before, and their reputation isn't as amazing as you might think.

Also, you can't just cherry pick polls like that. Look at http://www.surveyusa.com/client/PollReport.aspx?g=820141bb-aa0f-4e2d-b13b-44384b69f1f4 for example. Talk about nailing it dead on.

BUT they have teamed up with REUTERS and C-SPAN on the POLLS now... I'm sure it's for hits & PR... but a good move. Whether it becomes more accurate, still up in the air.

We, as in family members in NJ, NC, CA, NV... All of us can attest, never seeing/hearing a RON PAUL nationally or locally televised/radio commercial.

Campaign... SHOW ME THE MONEY!

or is the Campaign waiting for some other SECRET WONDER WEAPON to be revealed in the 11th hour? Maybe it's the V3 Campaign Rocket?

MrsW
02-06-2008, 06:53 PM
There is some kind of breakdown. They have to file all their sh&t with the FEC. Where? I don't know. I just know it's available - go look for it.

Check out www.newsmeat.com for campaign $$ info. Sorry, it's only amounts, not breakdowns.

Ron Paul in 2008
02-06-2008, 11:45 PM

I know. I registered with the website and donated money and they called to remind me us? When I got the call I shook my head.

In the last three weeks I have watched TV for 40 minutes together. I saw two Hillary and Obama ads and one McCain ad. My dad saw an ad for Mitt Romney and the aforementioned. We both did not see any Ron Paul ads. I thought Ron Paul had more money than McCain?

I have no idea why. If it is revealed Ron Paul didn't spend the money and is not saving for a third party I will be a little upset.

josh24601
02-07-2008, 12:52 AM
He is building a giant industrial cookie baking factory under the Rockie Mountains.

propanes
02-07-2008, 06:20 PM
Something of a break down of campaign expenditures:

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=108230

mannycp
02-08-2008, 04:37 PM
bump