PDA

View Full Version : Why would one not vote for Dr. Paul?

a_moran3
02-06-2008, 12:13 AM
I mean I understand that majority of voters don't have a mind of their own and just follow the mainstream media. That being said, the issues Ron Paul discussed in the debates and in some interviews just made common sense. These people don't they agree with him? I mean he's being truthful and honest yet people don't believe it?

When he discussed blowback from Iran in the 50s, do people think he's just making a blatant lie? Is it the ignorance why Ron Paul didn't win states tonight?

I blame two parts: MSM and ignorance.

Kombaiyashii
02-06-2008, 12:42 AM
I mean I understand that majority of voters don't have a mind of their own and just follow the mainstream media. That being said, the issues Ron Paul discussed in the debates and in some interviews just made common sense. These people don't they agree with him? I mean he's being truthful and honest yet people don't believe it?

When he discussed blowback from Iran in the 50s, do people think he's just making a blatant lie? Is it the ignorance why Ron Paul didn't win states tonight?

Diebold.

http://www.robertsilvey.com/notes/images/diebold_stalin_voting.jpg

Shii
02-06-2008, 12:42 AM
The answer my caucus gave: STRONG FAMILIES.

Also, "electability," as they had been informed by MSM

Paulitician
02-06-2008, 12:45 AM
Society is corrupt, and very clueless. I don't know what else to say...

MGreen
A refreshing bit of logic or honesty is not enough for a lot of people. They may go, "hmm, well that makes a lot of sense," but then they forget about it and vote McCain, because he's a 'straight talker' and a 'maverick.'

armand61685

Same question I ask myself. I just don't get it my friend. It's almost TOO EASY to argue for Paul. All the facts are there! Do these people have any argument against Paul? Usually NOT!

I think Americans are a really sheep-like people right now.

Pauls' Revere
02-06-2008, 12:46 AM
people want to be part of the winning team. Take the superbowl, most people probably became New England fans the day before the game to feel good supporting a winner. weather or not that winner has principles.

armand61685
02-06-2008, 12:48 AM
people want to be part of the winning team. Take the superbowl, most people probably became New England fans the day before the game to feel good supporting a winner. weather or not that winner has principles.

fuck this culture

Gustogus
02-06-2008, 12:49 AM

On that same note, I'd also like to point out alot of people also like rooting for the Underdog. None are truly committed to the team, they just like to see the establishment recieve its "come-uppance".

I'm truly curious how many of Ron Paul supporters are simply "fighting the man cuz its cool", and how many actually believe in the message?

Joseph Hart
02-06-2008, 12:51 AM
My yt vid, same question as thread.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZXX32a-HQak

Akus
02-06-2008, 12:52 AM
People are fucking stupid. Voting because this guy is not as corrupt as another guy, instead of voting your consciense, is retarded.

morerocklesstalk
02-06-2008, 12:55 AM
The problem is that Ron Paul is too smart. He speaks to us like we are actual humans with a unique response to questions asked and not some preformed teleprompter lines like McCain.

He needs to have some defining statements he can repeat during questioning and debates that we can really drill into peoples heads. Most people watch 1 or 2 debates at the most, if even any at all and it is important that Ron Paul define himself so people know his stances.

McCain always trumpets his Iraq stance w/ the new surge any time Iraq comes in question or vetoing pork barrel spending when deficit comes up. I suggest that Ron Paul should state that he is the only Republican that NEVER voted for a tax increase any time a question may closely relate the economy and taxes. That way when people hear Ron Paul they immediately think of never voting for taxes rather than thinking about some MSM planted hype about Paul.

Pauls' Revere
02-06-2008, 01:00 AM
On that same note, I'd also like to point out alot of people also like rooting for the Underdog. None are truly committed to the team, they just like to see the establishment recieve its "come-uppance".

I'm truly curious how many of Ron Paul supporters are simply "fighting the man cuz its cool", and how many actually believe in the message?

I'm behind his message, I'm glad I found RP he truely says what I'm thinking. The Simi Valley Debate in Jan was as though he was channeling my thoughts. I jumped up yelling EXACTLY when he talked about how silly McCain and Romney were/are.

My point is that the majority of people just pyschologically want to "be winners" and will fall like dominos to that end. Going for the underdog is always the long shot but the victory taste's the sweetest!

rajibo
02-06-2008, 01:01 AM
Name Recognition. Name Recognition. Name Recognition. Name Recognition. Name Recognition. Name Recognition. Name Recognition. Name Recognition.
Name Recognition. Name Recognition. Name Recognition. Name Recognition.

McCain and Clinton have been in our collective consciousness for years. Mitt Romney as well.

Ron Paul is viewed as a newcomer.

I can't explain Huckabee and Obama. Religion and Race, maybe?

Pauls' Revere
02-06-2008, 01:07 AM
A refreshing bit of logic or honesty is not enough for a lot of people. They may go, "hmm, well that makes a lot of sense," but then they forget about it and vote McCain, because he's a 'straight talker' and a 'maverick.'

Perhaps RP gives people more credit in intelligence than they deserve.:(

morerocklesstalk
02-06-2008, 01:12 AM
Perhaps RP gives people more credit in intelligence than they deserve.:(

Exactly. In order to win the nomination you have to appeal to the masses. These are the same masses that will vote for McDonalds as the best hamburger joint or Olive Garden as the best Italian restaurant in the local paper.

Simplicity is necessary to reach everyone.

Grandson of Liberty
02-06-2008, 01:14 AM
I've narrowed it down to two reasons:

1. The television told them not to.

2. Freedom isn't as popular as empty campaign promises and free stuff.