PDA

View Full Version : Mittens Drops on Thursday

nate895
02-06-2008, 12:10 AM
Well, the GOP race is now going to be McCain vs. anti-McCain. It is time for Dr. Paul to run independent. I'm sorry, but this is the sad truth. We need to keep voting in the primaries, however, for that sad sack of potatoes named McCain so we have a shot at the White House in November.

MGreen
02-06-2008, 12:12 AM
Umm, what?

MayTheRonBeWithYou
Yep. Romney is gone probably tomorrow.

It's time for an independent run. It's the White House or bust!

Jae0
PROOF?

He wont drop.

virginiakid
02-06-2008, 12:14 AM
If he drops out I will be surprised.

flames2dust77
Romney drop? forgeeet aboooout it. what on earth makes you think he will drop? someone clue me in...because I'm not understanding the logic here.

nate895
It's all over the news, don't you people watch it.

The MSM can pick up on things because they have investigative reporters unlike us. Mittens probably wanted to win Georgia, or California, and didn't, so he's out.

Jae0
02-06-2008, 12:15 AM
Because the news NEVER lies.

AlexMerced
02-06-2008, 12:15 AM
Well, the GOP race is now going to be McCain vs. anti-McCain. It is time for Dr. Paul to run independent. I'm sorry, but this is the sad truth. We need to keep voting in the primaries, however, for that sad sack of potatoes named McCain so we have a shot at the White House in November.

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=113160 <---- there's the answer

Austin
02-06-2008, 12:17 AM
Mittens wants 400 delegates at the end of the day to remain a "viable candidate" so you may just be right.

ronpaulblogsdotcom
02-06-2008, 12:18 AM
Maybe he just wanted to allow Utah to vote en masse. They did, they all feel better and now he can drop.

The amount of money he has poured in is shocking. He was hoping to be the leader, but since he is not, he has to mostly fund it until November. His family and Mitt is afraid to do that.

nate895
http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=113160 <---- there's the answer

Stop spamming that, it's a stupid idea. It hasn't worked before, why do you think it'd work this time. On the other hand strong independent bids have shaken the political world to the core.

AlexMerced
Romney will probably his 400 by the end of the night or be close enough to stay, Romney is stubborn

virginiakid
02-06-2008, 12:19 AM
If Mittens drops, it could help us, because I am sure there is bad blood between them and McCain/Huckabee and only a little bit between Romney and RP camp-(because of WV)

greendiseaser
02-06-2008, 12:20 AM
It is time for Dr. Paul to run independent.

Call me crazy (i am, anyhow) but did Jesse Benton not basicaly announce today that is the plan on Alex Jones?

I tuned in late when someone said he was on, but it sounded like Alex had said something about an independent run ... and the way Jesse responded was indicative of that intention in a straightforward and direct manner.

Anyone?
Maybe there is an AJ archive.

AlexMerced
Stop spamming that, it's a stupid idea. It hasn't worked before, why do you think it'd work this time. On the other hand strong independent bids have shaken the political world to the core.

Did Perot or Nader runs ever have some sort of sustainable effect ont he political atmosphere other than novelty.

Noverlty may get some media attention, but we need to change the policies of this country and we do that in the legislative branch.

nate895
If Mittens drops, it could help us, because I am sure there is bad blood between them and McCain/Huckabee and only a little bit between Romney and RP camp-(because of WV)

No, Romney's people were only going for him because he could humanly possibly beat McCain. That isn't going to happen now.

jarofclay
02-06-2008, 12:21 AM
His campaign guy said he was going to the convention. He has the money to do this. Deal with it.

literatim
Ron Paul isn't going to run 3rd party nor independent.

smartpeople4ronpaul
Wrong!

AlexMerced
02-06-2008, 12:22 AM
like I said, there is no reason why Huckabee or Romney would drop out... like they have no legitiamte reason to drop out at this point

nate895
Did Perot or Nader runs ever have some sort of sustainable effect ont he political atmosphere other than novelty.

Noverlty may get some media attention, but we need to change the policies of this country and we do that in the legislative branch.

The parties still head after Ross Perot's votes, and we can still run Congressional contenders, but now they have a National leader. No visible national leader, and your movement is running around like a chicken with its head cut off.

Goldwater Conservative
He might want to go out on a high note. What states that are left will go to him? Idaho? Factoring out his home and birth states, the only states he's won are the sparsely populated upper-interior states. That's no path to the nomination.

AlexMerced
Ron Paul isn't going to run 3rd party nor independent.

He might, and I'll support if he does, but I think it'll hurt the foundation of this movement

AlexMerced
02-06-2008, 12:24 AM
The parties still head after Ross Perot's votes, and we can still run Congressional contenders, but now they have a National leader. No visible national leader, and your movement is running around like a chicken with its head cut off.

I follow you with a national leader that s why I want a PAC so we can fund Ron Paul to travel the country and spread the message and campaign, he is our figurehead

driller80545
02-06-2008, 12:25 AM
Can you imagine talking about RP dropping out if he had Romney's support.

BreakYourChains
02-06-2008, 12:28 AM

If you are truly a Ron Paul supporter, you would know that to vote for anyone other than Ron Paul is a vote for the same thing, no matter whether Democrat or Republican. You will still end up with more war, more deaths, more spending, more liberties lost, more poor people in this country and the world, more illegals, and it matters not which one you vote for.

I cannot believe you would actually vote for a warmonger? Voting for the lesser of two evils is still evil, and none of these candidates other than Ron Paul are any different. I understand how you are thinking, but be realistic here. We want McCain to be in the race and take votes from where to beat him as an Independent? From the dems, who hate us? And how are we going to get media coverage? And how are we going to get these votes when we will not be allowed to debate?

Please, people are voting for the pos warmonger, we do not need to help him! We need to keep going as long as we can afford to run, and do a better job of grassroots rather than just sign waving. There are still a lot of states left, and we must keep going as Republicans for now. At least, if it is McCain vs either Democrat, the Democrat will win, which will at least slow down the killing for a while, since the people are expecting the Democrats to stop the war. Then in two years, we can elect some more people to Congress. Let us not give up yet.

Personally, I can never vote for any of these people, no matter what!

nate895
02-06-2008, 12:29 AM
I follow you with a national leader that s why I want a PAC so we can fund Ron Paul to travel the country and spread the message and campaign, he is our figurehead

See, that kind of stuff has been tried, and it hasn't worked. There are at least a dozen Congressman that do the same thing, they're called "leadership PACs."

nate895
02-06-2008, 12:30 AM
If you are truly a Ron Paul supporter, you would know that to vote for anyone other than Ron Paul is a vote for the same thing, no matter whether Democrat or Republican. You will still end up with more war, more deaths, more spending, more liberties lost, more poor people in this country and the world, more illegals, and it matters not which one you vote for.

I cannot believe you would actually vote for a warmonger? Voting for the lesser of two evils is still evil, and none of these candidates other than Ron Paul are any different. I understand how you are thinking, but be realistic here. We want McCain to be in the race and take votes from where to beat him as an Independent? From the dems, who hate us? And how are we going to get media coverage? And how are we going to get these votes when we will not be allowed to debate?

Please, people are voting for the pos warmonger, we do not need to help him! We need to keep going as long as we can afford to run, and do a better job of grassroots rather than just sign waving. There are still a lot of states left, and we must keep going as Republicans for now. At least, if it is McCain vs either Democrat, the Democrat will win, which will at least slow down the killing for a while, since the people are expecting the Democrats to stop the war. Then in two years, we can elect some more people to Congress. Let us not give up yet.

Personally, I can never vote for any of these people, no matter what!

Voting for McCain to help Ron Paul win in November, McCain has no hope in November if Ron Paul is in it.

AlexMerced
02-06-2008, 12:31 AM
See, that kind of stuff has been tried, and it hasn't worked. There are at least a dozen Congressman that do the same thing, they're called "leadership PACs."

when have they ever been headed by the kind of following that someone like Ron Paul has now, and will continue to foster, plus it's an excuse to keep him a neverending tour schedule we can meet Ron paul :)

BigRedBrent
02-06-2008, 12:32 AM
Call me crazy (i am, anyhow) but did Jesse Benton not basicaly announce today that is the plan on Alex Jones?

I would only go for that if Ron Paul at least agreed to be his VP or economic adviser.

joey
02-06-2008, 12:35 AM
troll

nate895
02-06-2008, 12:38 AM
troll

I don't know who ain't a troll. Some guy who thinks we can't magically win when it is mathematically impossible to do so isn't a troll.

Karsten
02-06-2008, 12:39 AM
I agree with you 10000000% INDEPENDENT RUN!!!! If it's Hillary vs. Mccain, that's A LOT of disaffected liberals and conservatives to pick off!!!!!! A lot of hardcore liberals are NOT happy with Hillary and many hardcore conservatives HATE Mccain!!!!!!!!!!!!

nate895
02-06-2008, 12:40 AM
when have they ever been headed by the kind of following that someone like Ron Paul has now, and will continue to foster, plus it's an excuse to keep him a neverending tour schedule we can meet Ron paul :)

I think it can be done better by being done independent, it can foster us a lot of media coverage if we can get ourselves up to 15% in the polls, and then we can rise to even greater heights.

kirkblitz
02-06-2008, 12:42 AM
they dont cover us now they wont cover us then. How do you expect to get the word out? No one will know about us because we wont get in debates

AlexMerced
02-06-2008, 12:42 AM
I think it can be done better by being done independent, it can foster us a lot of media coverage if we can get ourselves up to 15% in the polls, and then we can rise to even greater heights.

My concern is the amount of party loyal people who would embrace the message we might alienate

it's the same effect the Libertarian party has a lot of libertarian leaning conservatives who might be willing to vote for their candidates otherwise.

I want free as many people as possible through enlightenment, but it's hard to enlighten people with perceptual blockades.

gerryb
02-06-2008, 12:48 AM

Nader had 5% in the general election.

Perot had 20%...

gaazn
02-06-2008, 01:19 AM
mitt isn't quitting. he will change his residency to wisconsin. then after wisconsin votes, change his residency to ohio. after ohio, move to penn. and play on.