PDA

View Full Version : Are you in for the long haul? Vote

hotbrownsauce
02-06-2008, 12:06 AM
Take a minute, a day or two but decide. If I can use Bush's statement "You're either with us, or you're with the terrorists." and reword it to "You're with us, or your with the Bush's".

I am in for the Long Haul through thick and thin. Never to my knowledge has something like this been accomplished before.
Ron Paul once commented to McCain and Romney about bickering over who said what when. When they still supported the invasion of Iraq. Well I don't care who here says what is done right or wrong, I still support Dr. Paul till beyond the end.

And really, if you don't support Ron Paul anymore and you want to quit then so be it. Maybe you were never cut out for a revolution in the first place.

Waa waa waa, we didn't win over the popular vote. Stop acting like spoiled brats. Plus we still have the delegate fight.

I never thought I'd see this point unless I got into government. I was sitting around my house years ago and I knew I wanted to change the USA and world the same way Ron Paul does now. I wanted freedom back and I decided I would work on going to school then running for Congress. Well, Ron Paul came along and shocked me. Here is this guy, someone who I want to be. And I realize I'm not the only one.

You see, before I didn't care about my opposition which I thought I was up against everyone. I was determined to do what is right. I'm still determined.... call me and Ron Paul crazy. We care enough to say we don't care.
The way I've pictured it is. We are on a train, and were chugging through and ain't nothing stopping us. No matter what happens this train will not stop for me until I die.

The more people resist the harder I will fight. It is a BLESSING Ron Paul is here. Don't you ever let this pass you buy, any second of this.
Its the people like us but the ones who don't fight. Who don't run for government positions. Who let things happen with out a word. Its these people who give up. These people are just as guilty as George Bush, and the last 100 years of this government.
If we don't make a stand now, who will? Your children? No one? What about the people before you who said... I'll let my children take care of the problem. Is this solving the problem? No! Did you solve the problem like they thought you would? No! Time is of the essence and the most important thing ever to remember.......

The only thing stopping you is yourself.

Now if this wasn't inspirational then you are not cut out for this fight. You should stay home and do everything the government tells you to do. Don't ever do anything bad the government doesn't want you to do. And remember when your old and about to pass away. Ask yourself, what good did you do when you had a chance?

luvthedoc08
02-06-2008, 12:07 AM
i'm not going anywhere

AlexMerced
02-06-2008, 12:08 AM
I'm int his for the long haul, and will fight hard, but we got to play politics like chess and make the best move possible to set up a good formation that's why I'm raising questions on a shift in goals

Alawn
02-06-2008, 12:09 AM
Well I would not vote for any of the other candidates in the general no matter what. Nothing will ever change that even if they threatened to throw me in jail or kill me. I will vote Ron Paul even if I have to write it in.

ClockwiseSpark
02-06-2008, 12:10 AM
In till the end, whatever that may be.

colecrowe
02-06-2008, 12:12 AM
I'm out if in a month's time he continues to win 0 states and still has less than 15% support and yet refuses to go iNDY (I'll still write him in and spread the word, make calls, etc., but I probably won't donate anymore, and I'll be very sad).

Well, I can safely say...if donations dry up....Paul will be forced to call it quits, so please continue to DONATE.

http://www.ronpaulwhitehouse.com/

my dad said he'd donate another 500 to Paul (IF he announces 3rd party) (he donated 200 on Dec. 16th--but that was when it seemed like he REALLY could maybe, possibly win the Nom. I would donate 500 the day he declares (even though it will hurt financially), whereas I can't afford to give anymore (I gave just over a 1,100 in Q4 to the cause--so shut up) for his Republican run; and gramps would probably wager another 1776.00

The 2nd and 3rd tier, broader-base of supporters aren't (many or most of them) going to donate MORE--if they already have once--because TO THEM it is obvious or at least nearly certain that he's not going to get the Nom from the Republican party (I'm not saying I believe that--but they DO). However, they would be very willing and enthusiastic about supporting him in an iNDEPENDENT run.

hotbrownsauce
02-06-2008, 12:13 AM
Keep those votes coming!

american empire
02-06-2008, 12:16 AM
and this is why.....

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=113286

kill the banks
02-06-2008, 12:17 AM
what so many young people have not grasped is the need to retake the republican party ... that's the only winning game for the long run ~ get focused & get working

kill the banks

Knightskye
02-06-2008, 12:19 AM
"There were 11. How many are there now? FIVE! - Ron Paul

Of course, now there are four, and that could be three soon. Guess what? Paul's still hanging in there. Stick it out. :D

Ara825
02-06-2008, 12:23 AM
In for the duration.

doronster195
02-06-2008, 12:23 AM
Sure, he could finish the race. But finishing the race doesn't equal winning it.

I will support him as long as he runs, but that doesn't mean I honestly believe he has a chance. Americans voted for more of the same and its unfortunate. I really honestly hope Obama gets the nod so the country will be least fucked up. And I really hope that all my work in High School and college wont just be tossed to the garbage if we get in to an economic free fall.

colecrowe
02-06-2008, 12:34 AM
www.ronpaulwhitehouse.com (http://www.ronpaulwhitehouse.com/) <--pledge here.

Face it, the GOP has rejected us. There is no plausible path to the nomination after today, none. The next stage in our ideological struggle to save this country is to undertake an Independent run for the White House. I realize there are a lot of naysayers on this issue. Some people think it's insanely hard to do and that it cannot be done. I submit the following points to argue otherwise. If you agree, please help me spread word about the site and make sure to signup today. :D

Ballot Signatures:
We need to gather about 800,000 signatures nationwide to get on the ballots. We have a wonderful precinct captain system to help accomplish this, and I've read reports that to hire collectors to do the job would cost about 3 million dollars. It's absolutely ridiculous to suggest that we cannot collect these signatures.

Sore Loser Laws:
Only four states in the country present possible issues with Sore Loser laws: Texas, Ohio, South Dakota, and Mississippi. There may be legal grounds to dispute these laws. More information here (http://www.ballot-access.org/2007/01/12/sore-loser-laws-dont-generally-apply-to-presidential-candidates/) and here (http://www.ballot-access.org/2007/07/20/do-sore-loser-laws-apply-to-presidential-candidates/)

Votes:
Polling done by Rasmussen a week ago showed that Ron Paul would garner between 7-11% of the vote in four-way matchups that included Bloomberg, Paul, and the GOP/Dem nominees. More info here. (http://www.rasmussenreports.com/public_content/politics/election_20082/2008_presidential_election/will_michael_bloomberg_ron_paul_run_third_party_ca mpaigns_in_2008)

Debates:
Perot got in them before, no reason we cant pull it off as well. If the polling above is true, then the media might actually let us in. Double digit support is the key, and it looks like we might be able to manage that.

A New Era:
We've learned some important lessons and made some mistakes, but the campaign activities have improved at the official level, and the grassroots got their much needed wakeup call that our attention starved methods are not very effective. We still have powerful weapons at our disposal, namely the 24 hour news cycle, new media, high name recognition, record high voter dissatisfaction, etc... Most importantly, we have the winning message and the dedication to spread it. Educating people takes time, we shouldn't give up yet.

TastyWheat
02-06-2008, 12:36 AM
If things don't pan out I'll just write in Ron Paul's name, forever! Even when he's dead I'll write his name in.

colecrowe
02-06-2008, 12:39 AM
If things don't pan out I'll just write in Ron Paul's name, forever! Even when he's dead I'll write his name in.

Amen.

barrett203
02-06-2008, 12:46 AM
bump +1776

No way in hell am I backing out on Ron Paul!

hotbrownsauce
02-06-2008, 12:56 AM

I'll do that if there is no one else to vote for.

fight4liberty
02-06-2008, 01:12 AM
...the looooooong haul with the bravest living American I know - Ron Paul!!!!!!!!

hotbrownsauce
02-07-2008, 12:21 AM
blimp