PDA

View Full Version : STOP! Listen Up. Goals Must Be Determined.

TNFreedom
02-05-2008, 11:35 PM
I am not a troll. I WANT THIS MOVEMENT TO STAY ALIVE.

The Republican nomination is over. REPEAT, WE CAN NO LONGER REALISTICALLY EXPECT TO WIN THE REPUBLICAN NOMINATION. Don't agree? Go splash some cold water on your face and then walk back to your computer and look at where we stand. Haha, its absoulte crazy talk to continue to hold onto the thought that we might even have a slight chance of winning this party's nomination. Is it even mathamatically possible? Seriously, someone check on this is it?

We now must decide...... WHAT ARE OUR GOALS? Do we want to win the Whitehouse or do we just want to impact the conservative movement and have a moment at the convention? What is our goal? I personally want to march on towards the Whitehouse and the only way we have ANY CHANCE of this is to gear up RIGHT NOW and announce an independent candidacy. Personally I like our chances alot better as an independent starting RIGHT NOW vs. limping away following a 4th place finish at the convention in the summer.

So the question must be answered...(I guess by Ron himself, not us)...what are our goals at this point?

TNFreedom
02-05-2008, 11:43 PM
Everyone in this forum must wakeup to this so I am putting it back out here.

Joseph Hart
02-06-2008, 12:04 AM
Hope is hard thing to take away.

I personally think the nomination is out of the question, but the Revolution must go on!

Madison
02-06-2008, 12:06 AM
White House or bust. We need immense change to happen soon and fast, and getting Ron Paul elected is the only way to do that. This literally is our last chance to save the Republic.

The GOP has rejected us. They do not deserve us. We have more energy and commitment than any grassroots political campaign in the history of this country and must utilize that for an Independent candidacy.

AlexMerced
02-06-2008, 12:06 AM
I agree with you, we need clear goals

to me the goal is return to true conservatives to the government... but I feel we have abetter shot of doing this in most ocngressional seats than our current vehicle which has more than done it's job. Also just educating people on freedom and liberty in general, and NOT alienate people.

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=113160 <---- there's the answer

Cleaner44
02-06-2008, 12:07 AM
Everyone in this forum must wakeup to this so I am putting it back out here.

Go read up on brokered conventions and then let this thread die...

zardiw
02-06-2008, 12:16 AM

to me the goal is return to true conservatives to the government... but I feel we have abetter shot of doing this in most ocngressional seats than our current vehicle which has more than done it's job. Also just educating people on freedom and liberty in general, and NOT alienate people.

You can't rally people behind something so obtuse.

You CAN rally people behind electing Ron Paul.

We need to continue to make people aware of Ron Paul, that's a simple goal, and will lead to victory........It's called the KISS method........Keep It Simple Stupid,.......And is a time honored practice in programming, fwiw.........z

TNFreedom
02-06-2008, 12:20 AM
Go read up on brokered conventions and then let this thread die...

Thanks for the tip, I understand it. So just to be clear, are you implying that you think we will win the Republican nomination?

My question, was....what are our goals at this point? What do we want to achieve? I personally want to win the Whitehouse, thats just me. I am not trying to be negative, I am being positive. I want to keep this alive. If we want to win the Whitehouse we now must switch to an independent candidacy. If you think otherwise, please explain, I would like to understand.

Again, not being negative, if we aren't trying to win the nomination, thats fine! I just want to know what our goals are!

TNFreedom
02-06-2008, 12:22 AM

Man I can almost agree with you. This is what I was asking. This is a goal. And a worthy and admirable one at that.

MayTheRonBeWithYou
02-06-2008, 12:22 AM
The goal is getting Ron Paul into the White House.

It's time to start asking him to run independent.

derdy
02-06-2008, 12:25 AM
I'm hopeful there will be a press release from Ron tomorrow as to which direction we should head.

AlexMerced
02-06-2008, 12:26 AM
Man I can almost agree with you. This is what I was asking. This is a goal. And a worthy and admirable one at that.

I'm glad someone agrees, I'll be spreading this message till my last breathe and be focusing on furthering the movement

although Ron Paul has my loyalty in whatever he does, but I've said my piece

Ron2Win
02-06-2008, 12:29 AM
Right now to be honest the goal is to hang on as long as possible. Only by hanging on can we piggyback on any bones the media trows us.

We as grassroots should focus focus and focus on the nomination, if that doesn't happen we move on.

Karsten
02-06-2008, 12:37 AM
I 2nd everything you said. The goal should be a Ron Paul Presdiency, NOT simply to shake up the GOP. I could care less about the GOP, I CARE ABOUT AMERICA!