PDA

View Full Version : This is just terrible.

Tidewise
02-05-2008, 11:32 PM
This is my first downer post since I started here at RPF.

But this is so disheartening. San Diego has one of the most active Meetups in the nation with over 1000 members. We all worked it with rallies and blimps and precinct walking and sign wavings. As you drive throughout San Diego County the only signs you see are Ron Paul signs.

But here we are, last place. Three - four percent of the vote, with warmongering McAmnesty taking 50%+. Losing to Giuliani and even Fred Thompson in some San Diego districts.

I never would have thought people loved their wars so much. Never thought they loved their paper fiat currency so much.

I never thought people could be so blind.

I will never give up the fight for Liberty. I never thought it would be easy. But wow, it is going to be much, much harder than I thought.

Joe3113
02-05-2008, 11:34 PM
Don't fret.

We keep fighting.

BreakYourChains
02-05-2008, 11:37 PM
Keep your chin up. It is just the beginning of something big...

driller80545
02-05-2008, 11:40 PM
I see it as a lesson about how many people in this country that can actually think.

penxv
02-05-2008, 11:41 PM
Seriously though... a Clinton vs McCain general election match up would be easy pickings if RP went 3rd party... in my opinion.

slacker921
02-05-2008, 11:44 PM
Tidewise.. sorry.. you worked hard and put a lot on the line.. and thank you for the effort.. hopefully in a few years you'll be able to laugh about why people voted the way they did. until then just remember "war is good for the economy". ;)

QWE
02-05-2008, 11:44 PM
I know how you feel
in Michigan my county did relatively well... but about as many people voted for Ron around as there were people that showed up at the rally at U of M! Kind of depressing when you think about it like that...

PeacePlan
02-05-2008, 11:48 PM
Seriously though... a Clinton vs McCain general election match up would be easy pickings if RP went 3rd party... in my opinion.

Well RP would most likely get a large part of the Huckabee and obama supporters.

Hucksters Christians won't vote for the warmonger McCain and all those young internet voters Obama has will not want hillary? I don't think Ron will do it though

Tidewise
02-05-2008, 11:49 PM

Yes - that is such a miserable "choice." He has to go third party if it is Clinton/McCain. What a joke.

Tidewise
02-06-2008, 12:34 AM
My God. In the beating heart of the San Diego Ron Paul R3volution - the 52nd District - we are losing to Duncan Hunter and the Ghoul, and tied for last with Fred Thompson.

intelliot
02-06-2008, 12:46 AM
My Facebook picture...

http://img179.imageshack.us/img179/3447/ronpaulfightongooglekz2.jpg

What's District 8... RP has 6.8% with 0 precincts reporting. Keep watch on it when some precincts start reporting...

RevolutionSD
02-06-2008, 01:04 AM

But this is so disheartening. San Diego has one of the most active Meetups in the nation with over 1000 members. We all worked it with rallies and blimps and precinct walking and sign wavings. As you drive throughout San Diego County the only signs you see are Ron Paul signs.

But here we are, last place. Three - four percent of the vote, with warmongering McAmnesty taking 50%+. Losing to Giuliani and even Fred Thompson in some San Diego districts.

I never would have thought people loved their wars so much. Never thought they loved their paper fiat currency so much.

I will never give up the fight for Liberty. I never thought it would be easy. But wow, it is going to be much, much harder than I thought.

I don't even believe it.
My head is spinning.

I don't believe the results.

We got 10% in Iowa and only 4% in California?
This is just truly incredible.

The only bright spot of all this is that this is by far the best any libertarian candidate has done in modern history. Hell, even the great Harry Browne never broke 1%, and RP is getting like 16% in Minnesota, 19% in Maine.

Something good will come out of this but tonight, it feels like getting punched in the gut.

Malum Prohibitum
02-06-2008, 01:12 AM
Im right there with ya man, singing the blues. We have busted our ass here in SD County, and for naught. At this point, Im beginning to think its time to change tactics.

1. Raise money, start our own mass media networks, and wait for 8 years for it to do its magic, or
2. Move to Montana, where at least Paul came in 2nd with the highest percentage of votes.

This turn out is depressing to an extreme.

intelliot
02-06-2008, 01:25 AM
I learned today that most people decide who to vote for the day before, or the day of, the election. And I also know that millions of Californians were called on the phone by people from the McCain and Romney campaigns. Put these together, and it's pretty clear that calling everyone the day before and day of the election works.

Another thing is the huge importance that people put on "ability to win". They do not want to vote for a #3 candidate. They want to vote for #2, and the only way for them to know who is #2 is by watching the mainstream media.

RonPaulFTW08
02-06-2008, 01:43 AM

I feel you, Irvine is the same way. We all worked our asses off. We went to observe the ballot counting tonight.... it's a goddamn joke. I'll maybe post later about the whole experience but as of now I want to shoot someone in the head, maybe myself included cause I'm so freaking tired/frustrated.

This is for down the line, but everyone NEEDS TO start paying very serious attention to the whole voting and especially counting process. We WILL BUST THEIR ASS on this.. Blackboxvoting.org should be VERY busy in the days ahead...

Grandson of Liberty
02-06-2008, 02:52 AM
Just another reason for me to be disgusted by my home state.

but hey, like someone else mentioned, this is only the beginning of something big, and now we know exactly what kind of mentality we are up against.

sb10
02-06-2008, 02:55 AM
Here's Rocky Balboa with a motivational speech for you! :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_ErR8OcBlO4

sidster
02-06-2008, 02:57 AM

But here we are, last place. Three - four percent of the vote, with warmongering McAmnesty taking 50%+. Losing to Giuliani and even Fred Thompson in some San Diego districts..

This is what makes me wonder really hard about this election process.
I was at the Reagan Library on the day of the GOP debates (from 2PM
'til 5PM). I could NOT find one single McCain sign or supporter!
I saw supporters for Huckabee, Romney, and even Obama supporters!
Of course Ron Paul supporters out numbered everyone by order of a
magnitude.... so I don't get it! Where is the support for McCain coming
from!?:confused:

RonPaulFTW08
02-06-2008, 02:59 AM
Just another reason for me to be disgusted by my home state.

but hey, like someone else mentioned, this is only the beginning of something big, and now we know exactly what kind of mentality we are up against.

Oh trust me we are not going anywhere. We just have to remain open-minded and creative. These are revolutionary times. As they saying goes, there's more than one way to skin a cat.

RonPaulFTW08
02-06-2008, 03:04 AM

It's like that at every single rally/sign waving.

It's like that every time we go out canvassing.

It's like that when we run into strangers who thank us for talking to them about Ron Paul and our country, and the real issues.

It was like that in OC tonight when 10 of us went to the registrars to watch the votes being counted.

WHERE ARE THE HUCK, MCCAIN, ROMNEY, CLINTON, OBAMA SUPPORTERS? AT HOME, BECAUSE IN ALL HONESTY THEY DONT GIVE A RAT'S ASS ABOUT THEIR CANDIDATES. THEY ARE JUST OBEYING THEIR TELEVISION SET WHEN THEY GO TO THE POLLS.

THAT PLUS A LITTLE BIT OF VOTE FRAUD HERE AND THERE AND SURE ENOUGH PAUL ENDS UP LAST.

They can't keep us down forever, the harder they try the more powerful we become.

Midnight77
02-06-2008, 03:07 AM
Live in California, as well ... and I see signs all over the place. On the 405 ... the 101 ... I saw a plane flying around with a banner today.

What this boiled down to is that we have a lot of active supporters ... but not very attentive voters ... or voters that just don't care.

Bottom line, the sheeple didn't get the message or they didn't want to hear the message.

sidster
02-06-2008, 03:12 AM
Live in California, as well ... and I see signs all over the place. On the 405 ... the 101 ... I saw a plane flying around with a banner today.

What this boiled down to is that we have a lot of active supporters ... but not very attentive voters ... or voters that just don't care.

Maybe this goes to show signs, sign waiving, banners, rallies,
YouTube, etc. doesn't really work as well as we all thought.
Sure these all make us feel good about ourselves, we think
we did good putting up those banners, or signs, etc. but all
that effort and no real reward.

RonPaulFTW08
02-06-2008, 04:07 AM
Maybe this goes to show signs, sign waiving, banners, rallies,
YouTube, etc. doesn't really work as well as we all thought.
Sure these all make us feel good about ourselves, we think
we did good putting up those banners, or signs, etc. but all
that effort and no real reward.

I think you are both wrong. We get a lot of support and our supporter DO care enough and do vote. But even as we recruit thousands of new paulites dedicated to the cause, there hundreds and hundreds of thousands more that simply do not know paul because of the media blackout. My friend from long beach never ever heard of Ron Paul and she is a smart and overall well rounded person.

We have over 17,000 precinct leaders but 180,000 precincts to fill. Think about that... 17,000 people who care enough about the cause to go sign up and take responsibility for a precinct. That's a massive amount of supporters.

We have 100 times as much passion as people who will vote for the other candidates. The problem is they will continue to vote for the other candidates, not because they even necessarily like them more, but just because they have not heard of Paul.

I really think that passing out simple flyers like knowbeforeyouvote right outside the 100ft border of every precinct will work wonders.

Anyways just think of the movie 300. I don't know if we will win or not, but I'm willing to fight till the end.

dkim68
02-06-2008, 06:49 AM
Tidewise, I suspect San Diego did better for Ron Paul then we'll ever know. The whole election process is corrupted from top to bottom. This fraud is meant to kill your spirit so don't let them do that to you. We need to keep fighting the good fight. Don't allow this setback to make you lose sight of what you believe in. The Revolution continues on.

macdee
02-06-2008, 07:41 AM
People need to start organizing to counter this blatant political corruption. The election fraud going on is right in your face. It’s the “usual suspects” which control our country through mainstream media for the trillion dollar banking/war/drug economy.

These interests are not going to just give up their insane profits and absolute control of the system. Ron Paul has mentioned this many times in his speeches. This guy has courage.

Apparently there are quite a few people that are unaware of what’s going on in America and don’t know a fact when they see it. Others just can’t bring themselves to face it. They say "Don’t rock the boat." Some still believe there were weapons of mass destruction in Iraq.

In order to have an effect, The Ron Paul Revolution needs to organize itself into an ever growing national movement after the general elections. Ron Paul has done the heavy lifting and it’s up to us to carry it forward. The Constitution Revolution needs to inform the naive public concerning these matters and what’s needed to cause real change.

This is a great country and we are all being treated like fools.

Tidewise
02-06-2008, 09:24 AM
People need to start organizing to counter this blatant political corruption. The election fraud going on is right in your face. It’s the “usual suspects” which control our country through mainstream media for the trillion dollar banking/war/drug economy.

These interests are not going to just give up their insane profits and absolute control of the system. Ron Paul has mentioned this many times in his speeches. This guy has courage.

Apparently there are quite a few people that are unaware of what’s going on in America and don’t know a fact when they see it. Others just can’t bring themselves to face it. They say "Don’t rock the boat." Some still believe there were weapons of mass destruction in Iraq.

In order to have an effect, The Ron Paul Revolution needs to organize itself into an ever growing national movement after the general elections. Ron Paul has done the heavy lifting and it’s up to us to carry it forward. The Constitution Revolution needs to inform the naive public concerning these matters and what’s needed to cause real change.

Well said my friend. Thank you.

Caravello
02-06-2008, 10:46 AM
Things happen for a reason. Don't get upset about it. If McCain wins the potus he will screw up so bad that the party will be looking for some answers, and we will be there with them. This is the beginning. This is not the middle. Not the end. Hang in there and hang tough.

RonPaulFTW08
02-06-2008, 04:14 PM
Tidewise, I suspect San Diego did better for Ron Paul then we'll ever know. The whole election process is corrupted from top to bottom. This fraud is meant to kill your spirit so don't let them do that to you. We need to keep fighting the good fight. Don't allow this setback to make you lose sight of what you believe in. The Revolution continues on.

I'm sure ALL of So Cal did A LOT better than we will EVER know. It's such a shame. About 10 of us from Orange County went to watch the ballot counting and as soon as the preliminary results (supposedly from the scanned absentee ballots) were displayed we were devastated. Then we waited and waited as the memory cards finally came in and were scanned....and the numbers DID NOT CHANGE AT ALL. How can you explain that...

That every single county in the state of CA had the EXACT SAME RESULTS. From the very first single batch of absentee ballots scanned to the last memory card "uploaded", the numbers did not change one bit. Oh yeah, and as for your provisional ballots and paper ballots (all 10 of them I'm estimating), someone is wiping their ass with them right now.

Like I said the results were determined before the first memory card was ever unloaded from the trucks.

RonPaulFTW08
02-06-2008, 04:18 PM

I agree, I hope more people start looking into and coordinating with blackboxvoting.org

liberteebell
02-06-2008, 04:19 PM

I am seriously wondering about the election process too. Something is assaulting my sense of logic and reason. We'll see here in southeast Virginia next Tuesday. The demographic of this area actually leans libertarian, we have an AM Talk Radio host who is very popular and who loves and talks about Ron Paul and principles all the time and we have an active meetup group. If we only get a few hundred votes in this area, I know something is amiss...