PDA

View Full Version : I Quit!!!!

niknakwest
02-05-2008, 11:32 PM
just kidding.

why all the poopy pants posts?

it's not over til it's over. keep your heads up guys. we're in this for the long haul.

Redcard
02-05-2008, 11:38 PM
just kidding.

why all the poopy pants posts?

it's not over til it's over. keep your heads up guys. we're in this for the long haul.

That WAS the long haul.

Think we were ignored before? At least we got into the debates. Prediction is that Ron Paul concedes before the end of next week. Prolly will be wrong, since he's stubborn, but.. realistically, the run for the republican nomination is over. Statistically, it's just about over for us. Looking at it all, I think that they'll be 1600 candidates after tonight, or so.. and we need to capture 1185 of them.

asgardshill
02-05-2008, 11:39 PM
We've got them just where they want us. :(

devil21
02-05-2008, 11:41 PM
That WAS the long haul.

Think we were ignored before? At least we got into the debates. Prediction is that Ron Paul concedes before the end of next week. Prolly will be wrong, since he's stubborn, but.. realistically, the run for the republican nomination is over. Statistically, it's just about over for us. Looking at it all, I think that they'll be 1600 candidates after tonight, or so.. and we need to capture 1185 of them.

Are you ever going to admit you aren't a Paul supporter or will you keep up your charade until the election is over? That was only the first half. There's still 20+ states, territories and DC that havent voted yet. If you think it's over, then feel free to stop posting here.

hotbrownsauce
02-05-2008, 11:41 PM
That WAS the long haul.

Well if you want to quit, cya... no one is stopping anyone... Freedom of choice. All though I feel most of us feel it is the wrong choice. But it is still yours....

jsu718
02-05-2008, 11:43 PM
The long haul doesn't end. It doesn't end at midnight super tuesday, it doesn't end at the convention, and it doesn't end in November. Freedom is a powerful motivator. Don't get on the train if you don't want to ride.

Redcard
02-05-2008, 11:44 PM
Well if you want to quit, cya... no one is stopping anyone... Freedom of choice. All though I feel most of us feel it is the wrong choice. But it is still yours....

Well, I'd have rather that when we noticed this problem, people made it clear to the campaign HQ, instead of calling us Trolls or dumbasses and insisting they had to have had a plan.

I knew we were in trouble the second I saw the FEC numbers, but I held out hope that there was an off chance that he'd made some ad buys in January.

The problem was, he ran this like a congressional run. And he lost.

Kludge
02-05-2008, 11:46 PM
For me, it ends when I die. It's a battle of ideas and philosophy, which will never cease to differ from one person to the next, but if I have my way, at least 1,000 more people will at least be familiar with libertarianism/REAL conservativeness by my death.

sb10
02-05-2008, 11:47 PM
I pledged to keep pushing my man RP until he says not to. And I will continue to do so.

Ninja Homer
02-05-2008, 11:48 PM
I'm just getting warmed up. This revolution doesn't end with Ron Paul, no matter what happens with this election. A lot of people have this idea in their heads that Ron Paul is the last chance. That's a load of crap.

Really, think about it. If things continue as is, eventually things will get so bad that the lies can no longer support themselves, it will all go down like a house of cards, and people will wake up and build a new government. Hopefully it will be better than the last. This has happened countless times throughout history, and usually a government only lasts 200 years. We are overdue. This is worst case scenario of course.

If this revolution can continue to educate people, it will hit critical mass pretty quickly, and a majority will demand real change (as opposed to Obama change). When that happens, this can all be turned around within a year or two.

Goldwater Conservative
That WAS the long haul.

Why would he officially drop out? The media would ignore it just as much as it ignores his presence, and he might as well continue to pick up delegates rather than do something that would unbound those he already has. What does he have to gain by bowing out?

Dorfsmith
The long haul doesn't end. It doesn't end at midnight super tuesday, it doesn't end at the convention, and it doesn't end in November. Freedom is a powerful motivator. Don't get on the train if you don't want to ride.

Truth.

eok321
02-05-2008, 11:49 PM
Its not over until we have won

Dequeant
The best thing that could happen (other than Ron Paul vs Hillary) would be

Hillary (D)
.vs
McCain (R)
.vs
Paul (i)

I mean, with the first two choices, does the 3rd even matter? Hell, it could be HITLER and he'd get at least 10% compared to those 2. At least he was good for the economy ffs.

mketcher
That WAS the long haul.

Dr. Paul won't concede (unless people stop donating). My prediction is that if McCai n looks like he's going to run away with it (which at this point he doesn't), Dr. Paul will stay in until the convention, especially if Huckabee and Romney are also in it.

If McCain looks like he's got enough to get nominated on the first ballot, then Dr. Paul will run on a 3rd Party -- probably the Libertarian or Constitution Party, because they already have ballot access in most states, if not all the states.

The only way he would drop out is if he had health problems or people stopped donating.

demidog
02-06-2008, 12:02 AM
That WAS the long haul.

That was not the long haul. Do you know how many states are left? Do you realize that nobody has a clear majority yet?

Redcard
02-06-2008, 12:06 AM
That was not the long haul. Do you know how many states are left? Do you realize that nobody has a clear majority yet?

Do you realize that we need 1185 delegates out of 1600 remaining to win?

That , if trends continue, Huckabee can kingmake McCain and win the ticket?

The best we can do RIGHT NOW is a VP. RIGHT NOW. And that would need us to get 500 or so delegates. out of 1600.. to make enough to be a kingmake threat for both 1st and 2nd? See, the only way we get VP in this is if EITHER side needs us so badly that they can't risk losing us.

The only way we get President right now is if we win 1185 out of 1600.

So yes, I realize how many states are left. And if we were on Mitt Romney's forum or Mike Huckabee's forum, your argument would have merit. Here, though, it does NOT. We have 6 delegates.

Over 40% of the delegates are out after tonight.

Stop deluding yourself.

literatim
02-06-2008, 12:09 AM
Hey Redcard, no one is forcing you to stay here. Please leave.

Redcard
02-06-2008, 12:10 AM
Hey Redcard, no one is forcing you to stay here. Please leave.

No.

I'm now hoping that Dr. Paul goes into a third party run, hopefully he can still win the libertarian party, and then the libertarian party can get 5%.

Myerz
02-06-2008, 12:20 AM
Knowing that a man can be brave enough to face the establishment head on and make it as far as he has......I will forever vote for Ron Paul!...until his replacement arrives.....and it will have to be a Ron Paul Republican!

paul4justice
02-06-2008, 12:49 AM

Hillary (D)
.vs
McCain (R)
.vs
Paul (i)

I mean, with the first two choices, does the 3rd even matter? Hell, it could be HITLER and he'd get at least 10% compared to those 2. At least he was good for the economy ffs.

I'd go Hitler against those guys any day. At least he wasn't a Zionist or a communist.

P4J

nodope0695
02-06-2008, 12:55 AM
LOL...you said, "poopy pants..."

RonPaulMTV
02-06-2008, 01:09 AM
Independent run! Surely he still has money, and he's bound to get more exposure than ever if he's included in the general debates. The Republican party was never going to let him get the nomination anyway, and I think there are going to be a ton of people who are not gonna like either nominee.

If RP leaves, we truly will have no good choice. My feeling is that we haven't even scratched the surface as far as virility goes ... plus, the economy is literally falling apart, surely people will have to realize eventually that RP has been right all along!

Most people still have no idea who he is (thanks to the MSM), so we have work to do.

hrdman2luv
02-06-2008, 01:28 AM

Hillary (D)
.vs
McCain (R)
.vs
Paul (i)

Have you not paid any attention to the amount of Democrats over Republicans? At least 2 to 1. And that was before the California votes were tallied. Probably 2.5/3 to 1.
George Bush destroyed the GOP. And he will soon be free to laugh at ever ding-dong that believed in a WMD.