PDA

View Full Version : huck denies deal was made in WV

gaazn
02-05-2008, 11:24 PM
is this the politically correct thing to do? Or is the deal not being honored? It's already on the RP2008 page, so did RP do it to ensure that Huck camp follows through on the deal, or else they will be considered untrustworthy.

morerocklesstalk
02-05-2008, 11:26 PM
Huckabee is obviously a man of his word.

gaazn
02-05-2008, 11:29 PM
if he is a man of his word, then no deal was made because that's what he says?

Ethek
02-05-2008, 11:33 PM
Huck denies this on TV or is this speculation?

SovereignMN
02-05-2008, 11:35 PM
Huck said that he and McCain didn't talk about it. WHICH I BELIEVE. But I'm sure that Huckabee and McCain's surrogates talked about it. THus what he said it TECHNICALLY true, but still disingenious.

qh4dotcom
02-05-2008, 11:38 PM
Huck was probably asked by the media to not talk about Ron Paul

WRellim
02-05-2008, 11:44 PM
is this the politically correct thing to do? Or is the deal not being honored? It's already on the RP2008 page, so did RP do it to ensure that Huck camp follows through on the deal, or else they will be considered untrustworthy.

No, but it's the Huckatypical what-did-you-expect result.

literatim
02-05-2008, 11:46 PM
This was solely a local campaign deal.

LarryWhite
02-05-2008, 11:48 PM
This was solely a local campaign deal.

Yes, officially the 3 would be listed as Huckabee delegates, but they would be Ron Paul supporters that we name to them, then when we get to the national convention, we vote for whomever we want.

gaazn
02-05-2008, 11:48 PM
"There was no backroom deal. There wasn't even a frontroom deal. There was no deal,'' he (Huckabee) said.

LarryWhite
02-05-2008, 11:51 PM
"There was no backroom deal. There wasn't even a frontroom deal. There was no deal,'' he (Huckabee) said.

Mike Huckabee himself did not make the deal, we had Romney and Huckabee state campaign staff offering us 3 delegates each in the hallway, surrounded by our delegates and campaign staff.

Huck is just spinning it. Romney's spinning too because he was offering the same thing to us.

Avalon
02-05-2008, 11:54 PM
Mike Huckabee himself did not make the deal, we had Romney and Huckabee state campaign staff offering us 3 delegates each in the hallway, surrounded by our delegates and campaign staff.

Huck is just spinning it. Romney's spinning too because he was offering the same thing to us. They both offered three...and weren't willing to go five? And what assurance do we have that we'll really get those three delegates? Is Huckabee's slate chosen and public yet?

smile
02-05-2008, 11:55 PM
Why would you give Huckabee the first win of the day to Huckabee is beyond me.
This man has always stolen RP's message, and now we give him our votes?
I do not understand

Gustogus
02-05-2008, 11:57 PM
You give huckabee the state to keep things as convoluted as possible..

ForLibertyFight
02-05-2008, 11:57 PM
I do not understand

Yeah I think we should have given them to Romney. We had to make this a tight race between McCain and Romney...

LarryWhite
02-05-2008, 11:58 PM
I do not understand

Becuase both camps were offering the same thing, and the Huck folks seemed like the most likely to follow through with it.

And you are right, he has stolen some of our platforms, which means many of his supporters support parts of our platform, they'd be much easier to win over than the Romney people.

Avalon
02-05-2008, 11:59 PM
I do not understand Because we don't have to worry about Huckleberry Hound winning and no one knew McCain was going to run away with so many delegates today. In hindsight, it probably would have been better to go with Romney.

literatim
02-05-2008, 11:59 PM
Yeah I think we should have given them to Romney. We had to make this a tight race between McCain and Romney...

You do know that Romney said Ron Paul deserved to be laughed at?

jblosser
02-06-2008, 12:02 AM
They made the right pick. Huckabee will drop before Romney, which is when they get released.

gaazn
02-06-2008, 12:03 AM

Huck is just spinning it. Romney's spinning too because he was offering the same thing to us.

If Huck is spinning it, will he or has he followed through?

Avalon
02-06-2008, 12:05 AM
They made the right pick. Huckabee will drop before Romney, which is when they get released. They won't be "released". These were handpicked by Huck to switch to McCain on a moment's notice.

Eponym_mi
02-06-2008, 12:05 AM
It's already on the RP2008 page, so did RP do it to ensure that Huck camp follows through on the deal, or else they will be considered untrustworthy.

90% of the Republicans dismiss anything posted on RP's site as rants from a lunatic. Don't be surprised if Huckster joins the rest of them and throws RP under a bus.

BrettCates
02-06-2008, 12:06 AM
Huckabee is obviously a man of his word.

CFR is not an organization of it's word. FUCKING TROLL

qh4dotcom
02-06-2008, 12:07 AM
I do not understand

Better than giving them to Romney who has said that Ron Paul deserves to be laughed at...and spreading false rumors calling people saying "didn't RP drop out?"

Lisa S
02-06-2008, 12:08 AM
He made it sound like that there was no deal made with anyone and everyone just voted for him because he was the best.

Mithridates
02-06-2008, 12:08 AM
Because we don't have to worry about Huckleberry Hound winning and no one knew McCain was going to run away with so many delegates today. In hindsight, it probably would have been better to go with Romney.

I don't agree. The media was starting to get into the 'it's a two-man race' mode and giving Huckabee the votes in WV was a large help in countering this. There's an article on the Washington Post right now about how his victories in the south have muddied up the race once again.

Avalon
02-06-2008, 12:10 AM
I don't agree. The media was starting to get into the 'it's a two-man race' mode and giving Huckabee the votes in WV was a large help in countering this. There's an article on the Washington Post right now about how his victories in the south have muddied up the race once again. Yes but unlike Romney, he's running for running mate. These delegates will end up McCain's.

gaazn
02-06-2008, 12:46 AM
a deal with the devil?

http://www.wtov9.com/news/15229556/detail.html

Crickett
02-06-2008, 12:50 AM
Whatever..I told you all over and over he is a liar and a thief. Maybe he will keep his word this time. If so, it will be one of the rare few,

MrZach
02-06-2008, 12:52 AM
Best article I've seen yet to hash the issue...

The question is - how is this going to play out? Obviously it won't tonight, but this ought to be be INTERESTING...

Avalon
02-06-2008, 12:53 AM
Note to self: bring video camera to convention; tape officials offering me deals.