PDA

View Full Version : National Ron Paul Delegation goes from 4 to 7

LarryWhite
02-05-2008, 11:23 PM
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/23017706/

There is also a press release on ronpaul2008.com

National delegation almost doubled today if the Huck camp keeps their word. They approached us as equals, and made the deal in the hallway, there was no real 'backroom' deal. Their might have been between Mccain and Huck, but the Huck Paul delegate deal occured essentially in the hallway in front of our delegate room.

The funniest part of the story: Romney is complaining about backroom deals, but they were dealing too, they just lost.

Hondarider76
02-05-2008, 11:25 PM
That's just craziness! But at least we got some delegates out of the deal.

Dave Pedersen
02-05-2008, 11:26 PM
They are already denying it. No surprise there.

bbachtung
02-05-2008, 11:29 PM
I hope someone has it on tape.

LarryWhite
02-05-2008, 11:45 PM
They are already denying it. No surprise there.

Technically Huck has 18, but 3 of those would be Ron Paul supporters who would vote for whoever we want at the national convention.

Romney guys were there offering the same thing, but they were arrogant about it, and were upset they weren't just walking away with the convention.

They could back out, but I think this is just one area of a national campaign not knowing what went down in Charleston, the Huck people are mostly grassroots like us, and they had a couple people that couldn't make it to MN in Sept. We're under no illusions, they could have been lying, but I really didn't get that impression. I did get that impression from the Romney people.

When you're given a choice between slim to none, you pick slim.

speciallyblend
02-05-2008, 11:54 PM
if this is what we are banking on for a brokered convention, im sorry we are screwed