PDA

View Full Version : this sucks




christagious
02-05-2008, 11:19 PM
So I was trying to tell my friend to remain hopeful.

I told him that I don't know what's going to happen yet and here was his response, via myspace.


"I do, Im switching over to Demo... sorry.. IM not giving up.. I like Obahma a lot. and he has a better shot than Paul."


I don't think he's going to be my friend anymore.

Joe3113
02-05-2008, 11:21 PM
Ah yes! The Fair-weather patriot.

Proctor
02-05-2008, 11:22 PM
Take a piece of paper, be like "see this piece of paper?" cut it in half with scissors and be like "this is what we are now".

ArrestPoliticians
02-05-2008, 11:24 PM
Explain to him that Obama lied about bring the troops home. He will only bring home "combat troops(aka, the ones actually doing good over there, patrolling the streets)" and leave 50,000 men in Bush's permanent bases.

christagious
02-05-2008, 11:25 PM
Take a piece of paper, be like "see this piece of paper?" cut it in half with scissors and be like "this is what we are now".

LOL, I think I just might have to

Molly1
02-05-2008, 11:30 PM
One of Obama's chief advisors is zvignieu brezinski.

Make your friend say that ten times fast.

Or, better yet, have him check him out.

Then maybe he'll understand why Obama always manages to say nothing so artfully.

Because if he told the truth, no one would vote for him.

Goldwater Conservative
02-05-2008, 11:33 PM
Why bother? Obama's a shoe-in to get at least 45% of all the regular delegates, as will Hillary. However, regular delegates only account for 80% of total delegates. The other 20% are superdelegates, who are party insiders who make their decision independently of the popular vote. Regardless of how you vote in the Dem primary, chances are your vote will not matter and it will come down to who the establishment rallies around. Also, since the Dems allocate regular delegates proportionally to the popular vote in each state, one vote is unlikely to alter the delegates awarded to any candidate, and even if it did it'd be only one delegate.

Might as well vote for Paul, since the GOP has no superdelegate system to overrule your decision, and states tend to be winner-take-all where a one-vote victory can swing the entire state and all its delegates. One vote is far more powerful if spent voting for Paul. And depending on where your friend lives, there's a chance Paul will be the only candidate other than McCain when your friend actually gets to vote.

Cleaner44
02-05-2008, 11:33 PM
So I was trying to tell my friend to remain hopeful.

I told him that I don't know what's going to happen yet and here was his response, via myspace.

"I do, Im switching over to Demo... sorry.. IM not giving up.. I like Obahma a lot. and he has a better shot than Paul."

I don't think he's going to be my friend anymore.

A better shot to do what? Obama and Ron Paul have 2 completely different goals.