PDA

View Full Version : Legality of suggesting a way to collapse the Federal Reserve?

Elwar
02-05-2008, 11:13 PM
Ok, I have a question.

Would it be illegal for someone to suggest to tens of thousands of people to take their money out of the banks all at once (say...April 15th) in order to highlight the unscrupulous manner in which the Federal Reserve system works?

Would this fall into the secret service job of protecting the currency or yelling "fire" in a crowded theater?

Just askin is all...

Warrior_of_Freedom
02-05-2008, 11:15 PM
terrorist!!~

Arklatex
02-05-2008, 11:15 PM
Ok, I have a question.

Would it be illegal for someone to suggest to tens of thousands of people to take their money out of the banks all at once (say...April 15th) in order to highlight the unscrupulous manner in which the Federal Reserve system works?

Would this fall into the secret service job of protecting the currency or yelling "fire" in a crowded theater?

Just askin is all...

What a question. I don't know how'd that go.

icon124
02-05-2008, 11:16 PM
haha I just posted a thread on this, how could that possibly be illegal...what's wrong with all of us deciding that we want to take our money out at the same time?

Mister Grieves
02-05-2008, 11:17 PM
Ok, I have a question.

Just askin is all...

I really like the idea, and believe it would fall into the 'peaceful resistance' category that Ghandi, as well as Dr. Paul, has advocated.

ronpaulitician
That scenario rings a bell (as in, I believe the answer is yes).

MGreen
I think that would be inciting a bank run, which I believe is illegal.

...I assume.

Chester Copperpot
02-05-2008, 11:18 PM
Ok, I have a question.

Just askin is all...

It wouldnt have any effect on the banks.. They can simply borrow currency from the fed.. NOW, if we had REAL MONEY.. REAL Silver and Gold money, then we could do this and it would work but we're not allowed to use real money.

Gold & Silver money is the economic equivalent to owning a gun.

Elwar
02-05-2008, 11:21 PM
I think that would be inciting a bank run, which I believe is illegal.

...I assume.

Ok, then I suggest people NOT do this...especially not as early as possible on April 15th...just don't do it...it would cause such devestation that I would NOT want that to happen...