PDA

View Full Version : Urgent! Prayer needed for my parents in KY - Tornado hit

crhoades
02-05-2008, 11:07 PM
Fellow Patriots,

This has helped me put things in perspective for a second.

My parents' roof is gone off of the house, all of the windows on the backside are blown in. The garage has collapsed destroying all of their cars. And it is getting ready to start up again. Neighbors aren't doing great either. All of the roads around where they live are shut down and I'm 2 hours away. They're 70 years old and my mom has seen better days with her health and they're still in the house trying to take care of windows and I really want them to pack a suitcase and go to a neighbor's house and hole up for the rest of the night. Pray for their protection and God's mercy to be with the families in the neighborhood. Just heard a second ago that there are already 3 confirmed deaths in the county there and I'm not sure where they were located in relation. I'm heading up there in the morning to see what I can do. I'm afraid with no roof, and lots more rain, the ceilings will start caving in and we'll lose a lot of memories.

If you pray, please pray for my parents and those in the area. Please be sensitive and not turn this into a a/theological discussion.

Ethek
02-05-2008, 11:08 PM
I'm in KY.. what Co are they in? Some in E-town and some out east near Jamestown.

molly_pitcher
02-05-2008, 11:09 PM
Im in KY, just off the Bluegrass Parkway. Let me know if you need anything!

dawnbt
02-05-2008, 11:10 PM
Done! My prayers are with you all.

JonathanR
02-05-2008, 11:10 PM
They are in my thoughts.

garyallen59
02-05-2008, 11:11 PM
will do

damoncrowe
02-05-2008, 11:13 PM
I'm in Henry County Tennesse, just south of Murray. Let me know if I can do anything. Union University in Jackson, TN got hit. No severe injuries there, but two confirmed deaths in Jackson.

Jae0
02-05-2008, 11:13 PM
I'm praying for your family!

I live in Clarksville, IN and our sirens keep going off.

jdmyprez_deo_vindice
02-05-2008, 11:14 PM
I just said a prayer for them and everyone effected by the severe weather tonight. I am in Maryland but if there is anything I can do to help you or your parents than please let me know.

crhoades
02-05-2008, 11:19 PM
They're in Central City, KY in Muhlenberg County. Just got off the phone with them and our dining room ceiling has just collapsed. Told them to get out and get to a neighbors house.

Appreciate all of thoughts/prayers/concerns/willingness to help. I'm down in Nashville. More later.

LibertyOrDeath1776
02-05-2008, 11:21 PM
We should all donate 5 dollars to help. crhoades you should set up a small fund project or something that we can donate too.

We need to help each other out when bad things like this happen.

Hondarider76
02-05-2008, 11:22 PM
My thoughts are with you!! I hope they are safe.

samforpaul
02-05-2008, 11:25 PM
I pray for the Lord's help over your parents.

Chester Copperpot
02-05-2008, 11:27 PM
Fellow Patriots,

This has helped me put things in perspective for a second.

My parents' roof is gone off of the house, all of the windows on the backside are blown in. The garage has collapsed destroying all of their cars. And it is getting ready to start up again. Neighbors aren't doing great either. All of the roads around where they live are shut down and I'm 2 hours away. They're 70 years old and my mom has seen better days with her health and they're still in the house trying to take care of windows and I really want them to pack a suitcase and go to a neighbor's house and hole up for the rest of the night. Pray for their protection and God's mercy to be with the families in the neighborhood. Just heard a second ago that there are already 3 confirmed deaths in the county there and I'm not sure where they were located in relation. I'm heading up there in the morning to see what I can do. I'm afraid with no roof, and lots more rain, the ceilings will start caving in and we'll lose a lot of memories.

If you pray, please pray for my parents and those in the area. Please be sensitive and not turn this into a a/theological discussion.

I am going to bed in a little while and I will pray for your parents safety.

Paul Revered
02-05-2008, 11:31 PM
You are all in my prayers.

crhoades
02-05-2008, 11:36 PM
Really worried about them - just called the police there. Just got off the phone and now the living room ceiling has collapsed and they still haven't left yet. Told the police to send a car over and remove them. I understand though. They are watching everything that they know fall apart and are just trying to hang on but I'm afraid that they could be in a room that lets go.

Roxi
02-05-2008, 11:37 PM
so sorry, let us know where we can help!

jdmyprez_deo_vindice
02-05-2008, 11:40 PM
Really worried about them - just called the police there. Just got off the phone and now the living room ceiling has collapsed and they still haven't left yet. Told the police to send a car over and remove them. I understand though. They are watching everything that they know fall apart and are just trying to hang on but I'm afraid that they could be in a room that lets go.

I am a certified Red Cross damage assessment agent... please call them back now and tell them that they are in danger and if they can safely get out of the structure that they should do so immediately. If it would help if I called them than please PM me the number and I will do my best to get them to leave.

Ethek
02-05-2008, 11:42 PM

Nice thinking. Its hard to leave things some-times. Still, it might actually be dangerous for them to just tromp outside right now. Down power-lines, hazards that are in unexpected places..ect. Most of the 'collapse' could be plaster and some wet insulation. I hope the light of day eases some of the concern.

Cal Mabus
02-05-2008, 11:54 PM
You bless the thrice holy God.

Marshall
02-05-2008, 11:55 PM
Don't pray. Sorry for the loss.

Arklatex
02-05-2008, 11:57 PM
In my prayers.

Joseph Hart
02-06-2008, 12:07 AM
I hope they are safe! Sorry to hear the recent news in KY. Keep safe aswell!

raiha
02-06-2008, 12:12 AM
I hope your parents are ok. That will be really traumatic for them.It's great they have each other. You are right. It puts things in perspective. Tell them someone they don't know in New Zealand is thinking about them with warmth. And you too!!!

ronpaulblogsdotcom
02-06-2008, 12:15 AM
Good Luck to you and your family.

crhoades
02-06-2008, 01:08 AM
Last update for the night. Thanks again everyone.

UPDate...

My parents are safe at my uncles house across town. Evidently when I got off the phone with them and called the police not too long afterward a rescue vehicle came and got them. At this point all but 2 rooms have collapsed - not sure what I'm going to walk into tomorrow.

crhoades
02-06-2008, 01:10 AM
On a different note...Thankful I haven't been able to keep up with the primaries today. I'm going to make myself a nice, strong drink. Praying Presbyterians drink too!

Pauls' Revere
02-06-2008, 01:13 AM
Done...Godspeed.

apc3161
02-06-2008, 01:26 AM
Just prayed for you, best of luck. Start a chipin and make another post if you need any help.

apc

texasbelle
02-06-2008, 01:29 AM
Prayers. I am glad they are safe at your uncles.

kill the banks
02-06-2008, 01:31 AM
On a different note...Thankful I haven't been able to keep up with the primaries today. I'm going to make myself a nice, strong drink. Praying Presbyterians drink too!

good for you ... glad they're safe

kill the banks [ i'll join you with a rusty nail ]