PDA

View Full Version : Why We Lost

ronpaulfan
02-05-2008, 10:59 PM
Ron's hardline stance to abolish the Dept of Education (0:20 in this video (http://youtube.com/watch?v=2LoliQ3YLCI) is the exact moment we lost the race)

Ron approving the worst TV commercials in the history of presidential campaigns (Ron has no artistic taste (http://youtube.com/watch?v=30yxHqSUva8))

Ron never saying "you can see the rest of my platform on my website RonPaul2008.com"

Ron Not running heavy anti-war ads in NH

Ron never simplifying his message for the rest of America

Ron not emphasizing his record nor the grassroots achievements

Reasons that aren't completely Ron's fault:

HQ not having a backup of the lost supporter database in Iowa

MSM smears and blackout

I've finally figured it out. Ron Paul is the most principled man in congress, never wavering in his conviction.

As a consequence, he is also the most stubborn man in the race for president. Not listening to his supporters nor getting help from the pros until far too late.

That is all from me for a while. Good night.

JonathanR
02-05-2008, 11:00 PM
We lost?

News to me.

Jeremy
02-05-2008, 11:00 PM
http://img515.imageshack.us/img515/2690/greatprevaricatornk4.jpg

virginiakid
02-05-2008, 11:01 PM
Yeah, when did that happen?

Jae0
02-05-2008, 11:02 PM
We Have Not Lost.

The Primaries Arent Even Over.

Stop Whining.

Elwar
02-05-2008, 11:02 PM
Strange...the Republican revolution of the 90s was won because they vowed to get rid of the Dept of Education...

transistor
02-05-2008, 11:05 PM
i blame 99% on the media blackout. can you imagine all the support he'd have if people actually knew his platform?

garyallen59
worst post in forum history

JAM824A
What I got out of your post was that Ron Paul didn't lie about his stances enough, didn't pander quite as well and wrote/directed/filmed real shitty commercials -- correct?

Nanerbeet
02-05-2008, 11:07 PM
You're blaming the wrong person. ITS YOUR DAMN FAULT as much as it is mine and everyone elses. Get more people to vote next time.

Ron LOL
02-05-2008, 11:10 PM
Droning on about abolishing the Department of Education is one of the things RP does that irritates me to no end. Great, it sucks, let's get rid of it. But if you're going to really focus on a particular issue, try to choose one that doesn't make you SOUND crazy.

Airborn
02-05-2008, 11:11 PM
ronpaulfan = sleeper cell

Crickett
02-05-2008, 11:11 PM
Well, I do not think it is anybody's FAULT. The MSM screwed us, and the GOP screwed us..RP's name not even on the ballot in SEVERAL different state precincts. The country is just about gone.

MayTheRonBeWithYou
02-05-2008, 11:12 PM
There is only one major factor to blame:

WE RAN IN THE WRONG PARTY.

m72mc
02-05-2008, 11:12 PM
Obviously you donīt understand this movement.

stop being a sucker for propaganda and cointelpro !

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/COINTELPRO

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gu3c_BANIz0

CrazyRonPaulSupporter
02-05-2008, 11:13 PM
We've lost?????

People are waking up in the hundreds of thousands all across America. More and more people every day are hearing and understanding the message of freedom. Many are carrying on the torch of Ron Paul and are running for congress etc. People are turning of their TV's and are tapping into the truth instead of the lies. The establishment has been shaken in its foundation. And the truth is let loose!! This is the beginning of something amazing, a new American revolution!!

And you say we've lost!?!

WE ARE WINNING NO MATTER WHAT!!

JonathanR
02-05-2008, 11:20 PM
We've lost?????

People are waking up in the hundreds of thousands all across America. More and more people every day are hearing and understanding the message of freedom. Many are carrying on the torch of Ron Paul and are running for congress etc. People are turning of their TV's and are tapping into the truth instead of the lies. The establishment has been shaken in its foundation. And the truth is let loose!! This is the beginning of something amazing, a new American revolution!!

And you say we've lost!?!

WE ARE WINNING NO MATTER WHAT!!

+1776

Why are some turning a victory into a defeat?

westmich4paul
02-05-2008, 11:26 PM
You're blaming the wrong person. ITS YOUR DAMN FAULT as much as it is mine and everyone elses. Get more people to vote next time.

Thats b.s. too how many other camapigns had their supporters working 25% as hard as Ron's has. Not one. I wil not take the blame. I was busting my ass in Mich for 7 monthes to get the word out about Ron's campaign. Spending my own hard earned cash to do so. A lot of people here did the same. when primary's rolled around National HQ was no where to be found. If they had no intention on winning here or even helping us win here I wish they would have told us straight up monthes before so we could have made the decision to keep fighting and create our own t.v. ads or whatnot. But all the way up till primary we were being fed b.s. from H.Q. AND that sir is the reality of it. I am not going to let you post that we did not work hard enough, you do not know me nor do you know what we did and continue to do.

qh4dotcom
02-05-2008, 11:30 PM
Droning on about abolishing the Department of Education is one of the things RP does that irritates me to no end. Great, it sucks, let's get rid of it. But if you're going to really focus on a particular issue, try to choose one that doesn't make you SOUND crazy.

I agree...if you want to get rid of it, do so as president...but don't say it while you're a candidate...it makes him look like he's against education.

He should have adopted George Bush's strategy...Bush never said he was planning to start a war in 2000...Gore would have won easily if Bush had said that...if the question about starting a war had been asked at 2000 debate and he would have lied....in 2004 Kerry would have said he deceived the American people...he would not have been reelected.

ronpaulitician
02-05-2008, 11:33 PM
When I joined this movement, I expected less than what we've achieved.

Jae0
02-05-2008, 11:34 PM
When I joined this movement, I expected less than what we've achieved.

QFT!!!

I also expected LESS whining.

zardiw
02-05-2008, 11:37 PM
Yes. The Sheeple don't understand when you say 'get rid' of something like 'Education'.....they're fools, but they're voters too.......Neverthe less:

The FIGHT has just BEGUN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And it's not over till the Fat lady sings.....and I'm not even hearing her clear her throat yet....................z

wfd40
02-05-2008, 11:38 PM
Thats b.s. too how many other camapigns had their supporters working 25% as hard as Ron's has. Not one. I wil not take the blame. I was busting my ass in Mich for 7 monthes to get the word out about Ron's campaign. Spending my own hard earned cash to do so. A lot of people here did the same. when primary's rolled around National HQ was no where to be found. If they had no intention on winning here or even helping us win here I wish they would have told us straight up monthes before so we could have made the decision to keep fighting and create our own t.v. ads or whatnot. But all the way up till primary we were being fed b.s. from H.Q. AND that sir is the reality of it. I am not going to let you post that we did not work hard enough, you do not know me nor do you know what we did and continue to do.

this post should be stickied... just so every apologist on this board knows straight up that Official Campaign LOST this for us and not the MSM...

all the other campaign's supporters did squat.. we worked our asses off.. but got absolutely NO BACK from a totally inept Libertarian campaign team (lol, oh the irony)

Ed Rollins being hired the day after we raised 4.2million dollars would have sent a serious message to both the grassroots and MSM that Dr. Paul was not fucking around.

joey
02-05-2008, 11:42 PM
IT'S MSM STUPID....NOONE KNEW WHO THE HELL OBAMA WAS TILL MSM COVERED HIM 24 HOURS A DAY 7 DAYS A WEEK...this was and is a battle for the sheeple..clearly msm has been doing this for years....they knew who to target and it worked like always....

sidster
02-05-2008, 11:50 PM
Obviously you donīt understand this movement.

stop being a sucker for propaganda and cointelpro !

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/COINTELPRO

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gu3c_BANIz0

This is very interesting, the video you reference was, quoting
from YouTube:

Ron Paul speaking to his supporters at the
Republican Convention in Charleston, WV on
Super Tuesday.

Where we see the following:

West Virginia
Update 2:14 p.m.
EST, Feb 5, 2008

100% Reporting

State Del.* Del*
Huckabee 567 52% 18
Romney 521 47% 0
McCain 12 1% 0
Giuliani 0 0% 0
Paul 0 0% 0

Closed convention
30 total delegates*
- 18 tied to February 5 state convention;
- 9 tied to May 13 primary;
- 3 unpledged RNC member delegates

Source: CNN (http://www.cnn.com/ELECTION/2008/primaries/results/state/#val=WV)

Reference from this forum: Huckabee people first approached us with a deal, Romney people countered (linky) (http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=112494)

gaazn
02-05-2008, 11:58 PM
I only see 2 things RP might have done wrong lately. he keeps talking about guns and butter, so normal people don't know what he's talking about. he keeps talking about running the race for his supporters. this is great but it appears like whe doesn't really want it as badly as the others. the others will lie, change positions, attack personally so you know they want it very badly. maybe that's the bad thing about being an honest presidential candidate.

Jae0
02-06-2008, 12:01 AM
I just want the rest of us states to get a say! I dont care what party he runs after that. But these people who have already voted suddenly feel like they have all the say and us other states dont mean shit.

JonathanR
02-06-2008, 12:03 AM
Mainly I think the majority of Ron's campaign is meant to raise awareness.

When someone says "Let's get rid of the Department of Education" you will no doubt have people who take that as "HE'S AGAINST EDUCATION!!" However you also have people who will think "Wait....why would you do that?" That leads them to reevaluate what the role of government in education is.

I don't think Paul is not so much interested in pandering as he is in getting people to re-think what they have become complacent about.

Goldwater Conservative
02-06-2008, 12:12 AM
Ron's hardline stance to abolish the Dept of Education (0:20 in this video (http://youtube.com/watch?v=2LoliQ3YLCI) is the exact moment we lost the race)

In a GOP race, especially when you mention in the same sentence that Reagan also proposed it, it doesn't hurt that much, and might even help. It might hurt with independents in open primaries and the dumber Republicans (although they're not likely to support Paul anyway, since the media tells them he's an "isolationist").

Ron never saying "you can see the rest of my platform on my website RonPaul2008.com"

In the year 2008, anyone who uses the Internet at all will use it to research the candidates, which includes their official website.

Freedom, Prosperity, Peace. Champion of the Constitution. Limited government, more liberty. Get government off our backs and out of our lives.

"I've been elected to Congress as a Republican for over 20 years. Have you heard that my supporters raised $4 million in one day spontaneously?"

syborius
02-06-2008, 12:14 AM
Strange...the Republican revolution of the 90s was won because they vowed to get rid of the Dept of Education...

todays general public, 10 years later is a lot dumber.

RonRules
02-06-2008, 12:19 AM

Ron approving the worst TV commercials in the history of presidential campaigns (Ron has no artistic taste (http://youtube.com/watch?v=30yxHqSUva8))

HQ not having a backup of the lost supporter database in Iowa

MSM smears and blackout

I've finally figured it out. Ron Paul is the most principled man in congress, never wavering in his conviction.

As a consequence, he is also the most stubborn man in the race for president. Not listening to his supporters nor getting help from the pros until far too late.

That is all from me for a while. Good night.

Add to your list: Refusing the help from Ed Rollins, who made Huckabee's campaign a very good success with MUCH less money.

Knightskye
02-06-2008, 12:26 AM

"I'd start with the Departments..."

Well, he's talking about taking a bite out of the government. It's just a little sticker shock, and then people think about it and do some research and find out he's right.

"He's catching on! I'm tellin' ya!" Okay, that was a pretty bad one, but I liked the rest.

Mentioning his website more could've helped.

Heavy? Oh, and wait for the recount results.

"Hey, Thelma, that crazy feller wants to get rid of public education! Go vote for McCain."

Most of Ron's commercials do emphasize is record. So do the slim jims. He talked about the moneybombs. What other success do we have besides voting for him?

MSM smears and blackout

This one basically trumps all the other ones.

atthegates
02-06-2008, 12:35 AM
Add to your list: Refusing the help from Ed Rollins, who made Huckabee's campaign a very good success with MUCH less money.

ED ROLLINS OFFERED TO HELP HIM???

RPinUptownChi
02-06-2008, 12:40 AM
--

The Only Woj
02-06-2008, 12:45 AM
TV Ads DONT work.

Radio Ads are OK.

People ARE stupid. The only way, is to win the one-on-one battles by going out and converting people.

I never expected to win, we don't have a majority people. We're the minority in the Republican party ... because the Republican Party is no longer a conservative party. It's a moderate party.

VoteForRonPaul
02-06-2008, 12:45 AM
Come on guys, the guy is bringing things which we need to take a look at it closely and carefully! Yes I do not believe that we completely lost but at some parts yes we did and we need to discuss why? with open minds

I do not agree with this part!

I have to agree partly here! Some of the ads are too naive and I am not satisfied with them. And even the only one ad, still Guliani appears in the screen, did not they expect him to drop before they release the ad? Or at least did they edit it?

I have to agree here. I remember in one of the debates everybody was wishing that Dr.RP would mention his stimulus package and he did not, maybe the time did not allow but I wished if he sneaked a moment at least to tell the people check my website for it

That was true and it was required!

I cannot say never but I have to say that for a specific extent what you are saying is right specially when he talks about monetary policy, I doubt if anybody of the first listeners would understand what the benefit of going back to the gold slandered if Dr.Paul does not get the chance to explain why it is important to do so. And I am worried that this can cause a damage, alot of people might think oh this man is old and still living at the days of pirates. So we need to deliver this message to RP and let him know that things need to be more simplified specially for new comers!

I have to agree completely with the first part but I do not agree with the second part.
I really wish to see Ron Paul talking more about his record and not only this but about his education and his Economic studies. Yes I know that Ron Paul does not want to run our lives nor the economy but this is not enough reason for him to ignore his level of understanding for economics. And I believe people will appreciate this so much and it will assure them that this man understands what he is talking about.

MSM smears and blackout

Well said!

I believe that Ron Paul is a very good listener but the major problem is how to insure that our opinions reach him or delivered. Until this moment and I cannot see any clear proof that he can hear our voices "and I cannot trust the official campaign at this one" We need to know how to reach him directly!

kirkblitz
02-06-2008, 12:47 AM
very long list there, why dont you give him 100 mill and buy his campaign from him and run it?

VoteForRonPaul
02-06-2008, 12:56 AM
TV Ads DONT work.

Radio Ads are OK.
I do not agree!
The reason you say that is because we did not use the TV right.
We need to show the people that those candidates are not true conservatives and they are bunch of liars! We have to hit it hard! We are not lying but we are saying the truth. And be sure we will never lose more than what we already lost. So why we would not say the truth loudly??? I just do not get it!

RPinUptownChi
02-06-2008, 01:17 AM
--

jlaker
02-06-2008, 01:32 AM

TRUE THAT!

jlaker
02-06-2008, 01:34 AM
TV Ads DONT work.

Radio Ads are OK.

People ARE stupid. The only way, is to win the one-on-one battles by going out and converting people.

I never expected to win, we don't have a majority people. We're the minority in the Republican party ... because the Republican Party is no longer a conservative party. It's a moderate party.

The only one to run tv ads in IL was McCain and he won in IL.:mad:

wowabunga
02-06-2008, 02:05 AM
i blame 99% on the media blackout. can you imagine all the support he'd have if people actually knew his platform?

Burn some DVD's and pass them out like candy.. weekly. Buy a used laser printer and get busy. Leave the message where ever you go. Educate Educate Educate.

Danke
02-06-2008, 02:42 AM
Lost? We are just getting warmed up!

ronpaulfan
02-06-2008, 06:49 AM
What I got out of your post was that Ron Paul didn't lie about his stances enough, didn't pander quite as well and wrote/directed/filmed real shitty commercials -- correct?

He didn't have to lie about anything. He tried to hide his anti-war stance to appeal to more republicans. He should have hidden his anti-dept-of-ed stance. He should also have used this slogan:

"You don't have to agree with Bush to be a Republican"

Super Tuesday was the worst disaster imaginable for the campaign.

Grundloven
02-06-2008, 06:51 AM
He didn't have to lie about anything. He tried to hide his anti-war stance to appeal to more republicans. He should have hidden his anti-dept-of-ed stance. He should also have used this slogan:

"You don't have to agree with Bush to be a Republican"

Super Tuesday was the worst disaster imaginable for the campaign.

Anti-war? where did you get that.. MSM told you that, not Ron Paul.. Wake up please.

RageAgainstDC
02-06-2008, 07:14 AM
people are going to be on this forum screaming "IT'S NOT OVER YET!!!! WE'RE STILL IN IT!!!!" until hillary is crowned king. suck it up, demand a third party run, and salvage the support we have left. we can win 3rd party. that buys us time to spread the message. denying the obvious only puts off any more progress.

ronpaulfan
02-06-2008, 11:23 AM
people are going to be on this forum screaming "IT'S NOT OVER YET!!!! WE'RE STILL IN IT!!!!" until hillary is crowned king. suck it up, demand a third party run, and salvage the support we have left. we can win 3rd party. that buys us time to spread the message. denying the obvious only puts off any more progress.

I'm beginning to support the idea of a 3rd party run.

peruvianRP
02-06-2008, 11:30 AM
I blame...Satan...

LukeNM
02-06-2008, 11:32 AM
No one said this was going to be easy. Did you expect everyone to fall in love with Ron Paul like we did? You have to stay in the fight -- support one another as well as Ron Paul. He has not let us down - let's not let him down. Now is the time to separate the patriots, like Ron Paul, from the fair weather supporters.

Voluntaryist
02-06-2008, 11:32 AM

People got short memories.