PDA

View Full Version : RP "mistakenly" removed from ballot in Albany, NY suburb

bbachtung
02-05-2008, 10:43 PM
You can't compete if your name is removed from the ballot. I wonder how many votes this cost RP?

Scattered voting problems in NY primary

Associated Press - February 5, 2008 10:55 PM ET

NEW YORK (AP) - Voters around the state encountered scattered problems at the polls today.

Some voting machines jammed in parts of Brooklyn. Other New York City voters complained that they arrived at their longtime polling places, only to be told their names weren't listed there.

Elections officials said voters' names could be missing for the rolls because they weren't registered with the Democratic or Republican party.

In Westchester County, officials said some primary voters mistakenly cast voters for the wrong party, jamming the machines.

In Colonie, a suburb of Albany, Republican candidate Ron Paul's name had apparantly been mistakenly removed from the ballots.

http://www.wcax.com/global/story.asp?s=7828550&ClientType=Printable

Shink
02-05-2008, 10:44 PM
Disgusting. They'll reap what they've sown.

Proctor
02-05-2008, 10:45 PM
My grandma counted the votes in Colonie. He came in 2nd behind McCain.

She likes Ron Paul and would never take votes away from him, and would not do it if somebody told her to.

ignoranceisntbliss
02-05-2008, 10:51 PM
I'll bet they had all the other candidates on there huh? Down here in my FL county they had EVERY GOP candidate ever on there.

BreakYourChains
02-05-2008, 10:52 PM
Yes, they will reap what they have sown....

Vet_from_cali
02-05-2008, 10:54 PM
wow

OceanBlue
02-05-2008, 10:54 PM
I'm from Albany, and Colonie was one of the areas we worked the hardest on!!!!
We did sign wavings nearly once a week in Colonie since summer! Aswell as canvassing and all the rest!!

Proctor
02-05-2008, 11:01 PM
I'm from Albany, and Colonie was one of the areas we worked the hardest on!!!!
We did sign wavings nearly once a week in Colonie since summer! Aswell as canvassing and all the rest!!

Colonie is the largest town in the World :p

But as I said, my Grandmother physically counted the Colonie votes and Ron Paul came in 2nd.

Goldwater Conservative
02-05-2008, 11:05 PM
They probably thought he had dropped out since the media is only talking about "the three remaining GOP candidates" nowadays. :rolleyes:

molly_pitcher
02-05-2008, 11:27 PM
bump

specsaregood
02-05-2008, 11:35 PM
There was a precinct in NJ where the POLL WORKERS were telling people not to vote for Ron Paul because he "had dropped out". A Ron Paul supporter was told this and raised hell. Calls were made to the State Attorney General... I guess we shall see how it turns out. Dirty tricks, done dirt cheap.

Goldwater Conservative
02-05-2008, 11:38 PM
There was a precinct in NJ where the POLL WORKERS were telling people not to vote for Ron Paul because he "had dropped out". A Ron Paul supporter was told this and raised hell. Calls were made to the State Attorney General... I guess we shall see how it turns out. Dirty tricks, done dirt cheap.

:eek: I was kidding in my last post, but I guess I wasn't far off.

khorbis
02-05-2008, 11:48 PM
So...are we just going to let them have their "oops," or are we going to pitch a bitch?

:D

specsaregood
02-05-2008, 11:53 PM
:eek: I was kidding in my last post, but I guess I wasn't far off.

Yeah, I'm not joking. POLL WORKERS were telling voters this. Luckily we have GOP county board members in our meetup group and calls were made and things straightened out, but damage was already done.