PDA

View Full Version : It's time to shut up about third parties.

Knightskye
02-05-2008, 10:35 PM
Come on, guys. It's the RON PAUL R3volution.

http://www.teamclemente.info/ronpaulmeetup53/images/bumpers/revolutionsm.png

Republican or bust.

tomveil
02-05-2008, 10:38 PM
I already feel dirty calling myself a republican, but I do it for Ron Paul.

If he wants to jump ship, I'll beat him to the water.

FluffyUnbound
02-05-2008, 10:41 PM
Everybody bitches that Paul is too nice, that Paul won't fight, blah blah blah.

He's had to be circumspect because he's been trying to win AS A REPUBLICAN.

If he runs third party he can throw grenade after grenade and tell any Republican who doesn't like it to GFY.

hueylong
02-05-2008, 10:43 PM
White House or bust. If we support Dr. Paul -- he can take the fight ALL THE WAY.

Minuteman2008
02-05-2008, 10:45 PM
I'm so disillusioned with the Republican party that I'd love to see a 3rd party run. Even if just to help sink McCain and the GOP in the general election. Then maybe the GOP will rebuild from the ashes into something resembling a party of freedom and liberty and small government.

OptionsTrader
02-05-2008, 10:47 PM
"Shut up" isn't going to fly with this audience.

There are plenty of arguments for a Libertarian party run, and more arguments against, but to tell people to "shut up" about anything isn't Paul's style.

He's said he has no intention of a 3rd party run, but I have to admit if he did I would feel more energized I think. Fuck the 2 party system.

In the end, I'll support whatever Paul decides to do and will not question his judgment, it has been pretty darn accurate over the years.

Giuliani was there on 911
02-05-2008, 10:50 PM
Ron Paul needs to run as an independent and pray to God he makes it to the debates.

dawnbt
02-05-2008, 10:51 PM
Come on, guys. It's the RON PAUL R3volution.

http://www.teamclemente.info/ronpaulmeetup53/images/bumpers/revolutionsm.png

Republican or bust.

A) I'm not a Republican, I'm an Independent. B) It's not the party it's the platform. Whatever route gets us there...I'm in.

TNFreedom
02-05-2008, 10:52 PM
Republican or bust? Ok bust then I guess. Are you serious, you don't want this to continue? Or are you still under the impression that we are going to win the Republican nomination? If that is the case then I suggest you walk over to the sink, splash a large amount of cold water on your face then walk back to your computer and take a sober look at what has occurred tonight. THERE IS A ZERO PERCENT CHANCE THAT WE WILL WIN THE REPUBLICAN NOMINATION. REPEAT, ZERO. I don't know that it is even mathematically possible anymore. Unless the other candidates are kidnapped by space aliens, we are officially out of it. If we want this movement to continue we have to push for an independent/3rd party run. End of story, thats it. Call me a troll fine. I will turn around and call you an unrealistic idiot. I want this to keep on moving and the only way that happens is if we get an independent run going.

Paulitician
02-05-2008, 10:56 PM
I agree we should shut up about 3rd parties. Mainly, because even if you do bring it up it means nothing and is worth nothing. I believe Ron Paul is a man of his word and he'll stay for as long as the money keeps coming or until the national convention.

I'm not totally against a 3rd party/independent run, however. I think it'd be a good way to start all over, since a lot of mistakes were made and a lot of things that should have been done, weren't done.

westmich4paul
02-05-2008, 11:09 PM
I agree we should shut up about 3rd parties. Mainly, because even if you do bring it up it means nothing and is worth nothing. I believe Ron Paul is a man of his word and he'll stay for as long as the money keeps coming or until the national convention.

I'm not totally against a 3rd party/independent run, however. I think it'd be a good way to start all over, since a lot of mistakes were made and a lot of things that should have been done, weren't done.

I do not think we should shut up about third party run at all and I get fed up with people in here telling everyone to shut up about it. It would be one thing if the Republican party would have given us a fair shake like the rest of the candidates got but I got no love for the GOP and anyone that does I find it hard to believe that they can support a party that has treated Ron the way they have. I stand by Ron no matter what his decision is but if he decides to run third party I think it would be a great idea. He owes the GOP nothing.

JahWarrior
02-05-2008, 11:32 PM
I fully support, pray, and hope for an Independent run. You wouldn't believe how many people are still only just now finding out not only about Ron Paul, but just how BAD Clinton and especially McCain are.

That, and the air just seems right for a strong independent showing, people are sick of the two parties.

Madison
02-05-2008, 11:33 PM
Why waste the remaining cash on hand on a party that won't nominate him?

ronpaulitician
02-05-2008, 11:38 PM
If it's Hillary against McCain... I think we can sway Paul to run as an independent/third party candidate. If that's a good idea? Depends on if you believe we can really change the party that still wants to continue this war (I think I must qualify that as being the GOP for the sake of not causing any confusion :)) from the inside out or not. I used to listen a lot to Larry Elder, who thought he could do the same. Years later, not having listened to him as much, I can tell that there's quite a big change in him as a result of him joining the GOP (I believe), and it's not for the better. If Paul and enough of us believe we can do the unthinkable (convince a party that, after 9/11, Iraq, Katrina, etc., would vote someone like McCain into office that they're on the wrong track) in the short amount of time that this nation may have left (how many more 4-year cycles do you think we have left?), then I'm there. If Paul and enough of us believe the cause of freedom is best promoted otherwise, I'm there.

IDefendThePlatform
02-05-2008, 11:38 PM
Why waste the remaining cash on hand on a party that won't nominate him?

I'm thinking RP has been spending judiciously for a reason. He wants the cash to last. Here's hoping that means an indy run in the very near future.

Knightskye
02-06-2008, 12:16 AM
Ron's quote about third-party runs:

"Third parties have a hard time getting on ballots, you can't get in debates. It isn't a very Democratic process."

speciallyblend
02-06-2008, 12:17 AM
i guess keep dreaming about a republican nomination,let me know when that happens,looking at the gop,i guess you better hope hell freezes over