PDA

View Full Version : I made a difference

MarcMadness
02-05-2008, 10:34 PM
Well outside of the dozens of personal friends I've converted, my canvassing efforts left me feeling largely discouraged. I was able to hit most houses but didn't get the best response, but at the very least I got literature or a letter out to everybody.

And I just got the following email:

====

Thank you for the letter. I just wanted to let you know that your
efforts did not go unnoticed. I voted for Ron Paul this evening.

====

And you know what I feel fantastic. This is someone I've either never met or only spoke with briefly. The rest he did on his own. Everybody else I had converted took pretty long effort.

No matter what I know this movement can grow. Think about it, most of us have only had the last year and many more few months to put effort into this. I don't know how everything will go down, brokereed conventions , 3rd parties, who knows. It's hard to say with the crazy turn of events. War looms as does an economic disaster.

None of us know what's going to happen, but there are 22 states and 7 months until the Republican convention, and I'm not going anywhere.

Are you?

We've all made a difference, and we can all keep doing so.

Ok, I'm done now.

Malakai0
02-05-2008, 10:35 PM
I'm not going anywhere either mate. Long haul wasn't just a slogan.

Though I do think our future, at least the immediate one, is pretty grim.

Myself, my whole family, and almost everyone I know work in the service sector. If the recession hits us it's gonna hurt. And we're struggling as it is...

molly_pitcher
02-05-2008, 10:52 PM
tears