PDA

View Full Version : Serious Idea: Buy Gold and Destabilize the System

ItDoesNotStopWithRonPaul
02-05-2008, 10:30 PM
We've raised around $40 million and probably at least that much again spent on grassroots. We could easily put 5 times that into gold and silver, since we would not be giving anyone our money, just converting it from lousy paper to precious gold and silver.

What would this accomplish? We could really drive up the prices of gold and silver, since the markets are so small compared to even one large company, let alone the whole Dow or S&P 500.

With gold at $1500, Americans would have to pay attention to the absolute crisis we are facing economically. TPTB are trying to keep the $hit from hitting the fan until they have their next dictator elected. After that, they will let it crumble to impose their will and push an AMERO on us once our dollar is worthless.

If we make things unstable sooner, ie before the election, Ron Paul does much better in the polls and the education campaign gets really ramped up.

Plus, gold and silver are going to be excellent investments. When everyone else's dollars in their banks and mutual funds disappear overnight, WE HAVE MONEY, and MONEY IS POWER!

Richandler
02-05-2008, 10:32 PM
Gold and Silver are not excellent investments. They are a good way of retaining value. And this idea will not work.

Babylon
02-05-2008, 10:36 PM
We've raised around $40 million and probably at least that much again spent on grassroots. We could easily put 5 times that into gold and silver, since we would not be giving anyone our money, just converting it from lousy paper to precious gold and silver.

What would this accomplish? We could really drive up the prices of gold and silver, since the markets are so small compared to even one large company, let alone the whole Dow or S&P 500.

With gold at $1500, Americans would have to pay attention to the absolute crisis we are facing economically. TPTB are trying to keep the $hit from hitting the fan until they have their next dictator elected. After that, they will let it crumble to impose their will and push an AMERO on us once our dollar is worthless.

If we make things unstable sooner, ie before the election, Ron Paul does much better in the polls and the education campaign gets really ramped up.

Plus, gold and silver are going to be excellent investments. When everyone else's dollars in their banks and mutual funds disappear overnight, WE HAVE MONEY, and MONEY IS POWER!

The Ron Paul Revolution is unable to even destabilize a primary election...

And, you expect it to destabilize the global monetary system?

ha.

krott5333
02-05-2008, 10:36 PM
Gold and Silver are not excellent investments. They are a good way of retaining value. And this idea will not work.

what else are you going to get a 40% annual ROI with? (in relation to US currency, anyway)

ItDoesNotStopWithRonPaul
02-05-2008, 10:38 PM
what else are you going to get a 40% annual ROI with? (in relation to US currency, anyway)

Agreed. Like I said, even if the idea doesn't work, gold and silver will keep Ron Paul supporters financially secure when the rest of the country isn't. It can't hurt.

Elwar
02-05-2008, 10:40 PM
Take your money out of the bank.

Maybe all at once...like say...April 15th...

constitutional
02-05-2008, 10:42 PM

LMAO! Now we are talking. It would send the banks panicking.

kaligula
02-05-2008, 10:46 PM
http://www.agorism.info/

bc2208
02-05-2008, 10:49 PM
Definitely buy gold and silver. But don't think you can change the price with $200 million, haha. The central banks would be glad to sell that much to keep the price down.

ItDoesNotStopWithRonPaul
02-05-2008, 10:58 PM

Love it! Too bad I have almost nothing in the bank....oh wait, that's a good thing.

CowCat33
02-05-2008, 11:00 PM
I don't think this is a good idea. First, I don't think it will work, second, if the dollar becomes worthless, do you want hunks of gold/silver bars laying around or food, supplies, & guns/ammo?

kyleAF
02-05-2008, 11:05 PM
The Ron Paul Revolution is unable to even destabilize a primary election...

And, you expect it to destabilize the global monetary system?

ha.

That's exactly what it's helping to do...

The primary motivation of a recession is fear. We've gotten the monetary system mentioned in more mainstream circles more often than it has been in decades.

transistor
02-05-2008, 11:06 PM
i'm pretty sure 200 million would only drive up the price a couple pennies

kyleAF
02-05-2008, 11:07 PM
A coordinated bank run would be considered an act of aggression or terrorist act.

Be careful... it would work though right now. The banks have almost nothing left.

Cleaner44
02-05-2008, 11:11 PM

Normally I would agree that gold is not a great long term investment. These are unusual times and gold shows no signs of stopping in the near future. I am already making money off of the declining stock market. Gold and silver are a great idea at this time in my opinion. Until there is some change in the declining dollar and the runaway inflation, gold and silver are good.

ItDoesNotStopWithRonPaul
02-05-2008, 11:12 PM
That's exactly what it's helping to do...

The primary motivation of a recession is fear. We've gotten the monetary system mentioned in more mainstream circles more often than it has been in decades.

Yes, we are having a big impact on the markets. It was meant to happen due to their fundamental instability, but we are speeding it up. Our task is to educate as many people as we can and get our friends and family to secure themselves with gold and silver.

Cleaner44
02-05-2008, 11:13 PM
I don't think this is a good idea. First, I don't think it will work, second, if the dollar becomes worthless, do you want hunks of gold/silver bars laying around or food, supplies, & guns/ammo?

I want silver and ammo and food. Ammo could be a great barter currency but so too will silver. Not bars but 1 oz coins.

goldismoney
02-05-2008, 11:29 PM
Right on!!!!

FYI, for those interested in opening a free Holding at GoldMoney (called a 'Holding' as you own the assets in your Holding, unlike a bank 'account'), I created a referral link for supporters and friends of this forum and Ron Paul.

You will receive 12 months free storage and insurance for gold held in London and 6 months free storage and insurance for silver and gold held in Zurich. If you decide to open a Holding, use the following h-link: http://goldmoney.com/?gmrefcode=ronpaul

In addition, GoldMoney just launched a new "Austrian Economics/Gold is Money" social networking website called http://myGoldmyMoney.com so that individuals wishing to 'live the motto' can communicate, learn and transact with one another. The first 200 people that create a user profile on http://myGoldmyMoney.com will also receive a unique GoldMoney.com referral code, which will entitle them to receive 10% of the gross margin on all GoldMoney gold and silver purchases made by all referred parties.

If anyone has any questions in general, feel free to send to PM me.