PDA

View Full Version : My Cacaus Experience *Colorado

darkdruid
02-05-2008, 10:26 PM
I tried canvassing my precinct but there were only two Ron Paul supporters (including myself) and I just didn't start early enough.

The cacaus was held in an Elementary school and there were TONS of republicans there. The last few years there has been 6 or less and this year there were forty+. Everyone cast there straw poll and Mitt won by a huge margin. I was the ONLY Ron Paul supporter. (although there was one in the other room) After that they talked about how the delegates are not bound but they asked for everyone's integrity that they would represent the person who won. They then asked who wanted to be a delegate and I put my name down.

After being called up I stood and said my name and that I was the one Ron Paul vote. Everyone did a quick laugh but then they clapped because I had the guts to stick up for my candidate because I believed in him so much. I got 12 votes to be a delegate and am currently a backup.

Hey it wasn't a win, or a landslide, or even close for me but SOME people respect dignity, and honor.

After the cacaus ended many people game and congratulated me and told me that I was a brave soul and that it was awesome I stuck to my principles. This is my story and it sounds a lot like Ron's. Next time I am really going to find a way to get the message out. In all honesty guys I don't think Ron Paul's message was sold right. The campaign did a damn good job and so did we as the people but the media distorted everything we did. Its evident everywhere!!

Although angry at the current state of things I did what I came to do. I am not legally bound to Mitt but morally I must cast my vote to represent the people. I shall take this opportunity to find out more of how politics work and so that way whatever happens I can use this opportunity to promote freedom and peace as the good doctor would have me do.

To all my fellow Ron Paul supporters DON'T GIVE UP. Follow your heart and help make this country great once again!

Paul.Bearer.of.Injustice
02-05-2008, 10:29 PM
Inspiration story and thanks for sharing.
Republicans in general like people with guts.

Here's an e-fistbump :-)

ForrestLayne
02-05-2008, 10:36 PM
. After that they talked about how the delegates are not bound but they asked for everyone's integrity that they would represent the person who won. They then asked who wanted to be a delegate and I put my name down.

After being called up I stood and said my name and that I was the one Ron Paul vote. Everyone did a quick laugh but then they clapped because I had the guts to stick up for my candidate because I believed in him so much. I got 12 votes to be a delegate and am currently a backup.

Are you morally bound on just the first vote or "morally bound" throughout the whole convention?

I know you are not bound at all, but since you represent the people's vote I understand at least the first round of voting...after that are you on your own????

darkdruid
02-05-2008, 10:38 PM
I know you are not bound at all, but since you represent the people's vote I understand at least the first round of voting...after that are you on your own????

Good question, if you can find a way for me to not be I would be down. :cool: lol

Dustancostine
02-05-2008, 10:42 PM
Druid, You have huge cajones. I am very proud of you.

Bilgefisher
02-05-2008, 10:46 PM
I visited 3 Colorado precinct locations (with over 10-15 precincts represented). All three places were bursting at the seems. Huge turnout IMO.

darkdruid
02-05-2008, 11:12 PM
Druid, You have huge cajones. I am very proud of you.

Thank you sir. :o