PDA

View Full Version : I'm thinking of running for Congress

Chester Copperpot
02-05-2008, 10:23 PM
Hey guys,

Im giving it some thought. Im not sure if it is better to run as a "Ron Paul Republican" or simply as an Independent... I live in a pretty democratic district with a strong incumbent...

Sometimes I think an independent will have an easier time getting democrats to vote for them because everybody seems to hate republicans, but then I have friends who tell me independents always fall by the wayside.

Anybody have any opinions?

RJB
02-05-2008, 10:25 PM
Go for it Mike. maybe starting at town council might be easier. I think most of us are new to this political thing.

Elliott
02-05-2008, 10:39 PM
Hey guys,

Im giving it some thought. Im not sure if it is better to run as a "Ron Paul Republican" or simply as an Independent... I live in a pretty democratic district with a strong incumbent...

Sometimes I think an independent will have an easier time getting democrats to vote for them because everybody seems to hate republicans, but then I have friends who tell me independents always fall by the wayside.

Anybody have any opinions?

Run as what ever gives you the better chance to get elected. Who cares. That's not lying. It's only lying if you lie. Parties are irrelevant.

heath.whiteaker
02-05-2008, 10:48 PM
Mike if you need help I am here. I've been helping Dean Santoro and have done his Slim Jims and web site. So whatever you need let me know. Also I am kicking around the idea of running for county commission here.