PDA

View Full Version : CSPAN Just said they want to interview Paul, they have tried to contact

Edu
02-05-2008, 10:22 PM
CSPAN just now said they tried to contact Paul but he's not giving interviews?

WTF is with HQ?

Then they went on to talk about how media picks what they think are the front runners (typical answers there).

fedup100
02-05-2008, 10:23 PM
It's ok they just want to ask him when is he going to quit.

Jeremy
02-05-2008, 10:24 PM
Hmm... let me guess. He's sleeping right now, duh!

Besides, they'd be like "lolz, u to dropz out nowz?"

molly_pitcher
02-05-2008, 10:25 PM
It's ok they just want to ask him when is he going to quit.

Agreed.

Agora
02-05-2008, 10:27 PM
no news there :cool::)

vote4ronpauleeze
02-05-2008, 10:29 PM
This is the only situation where we don't need the media.

There's always a first.

m72mc
02-05-2008, 10:31 PM
you trust the old media ??

walt
02-05-2008, 10:32 PM

WTF is with HQ?

Then they went on to talk about how media picks what they think are the front runners (typical answers there).

jessie benton is a totally incompetent moron who history will remember as costing us our democracy. shame on ron paul for not firing him.

Edu
02-05-2008, 10:33 PM
Hmm... let me guess. He's sleeping right now, duh!

Besides, they'd be like "lolz, u to dropz out nowz?"This is CSPAN, they aren't like that, and the other candidates aren't sleeping, they all got long interviews on both MSNBC and CNN too.

Henry
02-05-2008, 10:33 PM
WTF is with HQ?

Typical through out the campaign!!:mad::mad:

Acidlump
02-05-2008, 10:34 PM
Now would be a good time to announce staying in the race.

Richandler
02-05-2008, 10:34 PM
Dude, they come now. Why not last week? Why not 6 months ago? Screw them.

Billy Baro7
02-05-2008, 10:36 PM

WTF is with HQ?

WTF is with the Media! Look at them manipulating the situation here and your biting!!! WOW Maybe you should send them a thank you and some flowers like they do after the Leno interviews!!!!!

RSLudlum
02-05-2008, 10:43 PM
I haven't turned my tv on at all since i've been home and i won't now. From what i hear there's nothing to see but manipulative propaganda going on right now.

Edu
02-05-2008, 10:49 PM
It's CSPAN, people. You know, the people who show you congress in action? Hours and hours of boring stuff no one wants to watch.

This was right after a Paul supporter called in to complain about the MSM bias etc...

They said they have lots of Paul video footage on their site so they have given him time before.

I just don't understand why when given a chance at ANY media time HQ doesn't take it. Paul is good at deflecting any stupid questions, we have seen him do that before so it shouldn't be a problem.

At least tell everyone he is staying in and it's not over till it's over.

Crickett
02-05-2008, 11:06 PM
Dude, they come now. Why not last week? Why not 6 months ago? Screw them.

AMEN. He has had one speech covered in a good 6 weeks if not 2 months. NOW they want to interview him? Kiss our collective butts..

qh4dotcom
02-05-2008, 11:59 PM
I saw a Ron Paul rally from Washington state on C-SPAN several days ago.

ronpaulblogsdotcom
02-06-2008, 12:07 AM
F CSPAN and all of them. A fricking media blackout for 3 days and now they want to grill him.

He is a person, not a sound bite for sheeple.

WRellim
02-06-2008, 12:57 AM
jessie benton is a totally incompetent moron who history will remember as costing us our democracy. shame on ron paul for not firing him.

No, I would say only a small amount of shame or responsibility should attach to Jesse Benton himself, and that to the point that he should have realized he was inadequate to the task at hand and then either learned HOW to do it properly ASAP, or stepped aside.

But it takes a REALLY mature person to understand and then act on something like that, and the simple fact is that he is just a very young and inexperienced person -- one who should NOT have been put in such a position to begin with.

However, I think his very inexperience also allowed him too easily to NOT see this. And unfortunately, he had a ready "justification" or "scapegoat" near at hand: the "MSM has a conspiracy against the campaign" meme that was pushed by BOTH the grassroots (many of whom see a bogeyman in every shadow, and a conspiracy behind every corner) AND by the campaign leadership who really SHOULD know better, but who (as Libertarians often seem to) fell once again into that "victim mentality" trap all too easily.

BUT, majority of the responsibility (and therefor SHAME) belongs on the campaign staff leadership for NOT understanding (in even the vaguest sense) the importance of having a professional, high-quality public relations and media relations director (or firm) as a campaign staffer/resource, and thus not providing more experienced help or replacements for Mr. Benton.

And I would say the same of Jon Bydlak -- who did some very admirable work in setting up the online system and yet failed to understand other aspects of more-traditional fund-raising efforts (not meaning "corporate" or "lobbyist" donations, but rather techniques for rewarding "bundlers" etc. as a way of getting people to help involve their friends, family and others in the campaign donation process.

While, as I said, he did an admirable job of getting the online system going (and I am fairly certain was key in getting the campaign to be "open" and "transparent" with it's online reciepts -- laying the VITAL necessary underlying groundwork for the real-time graphs and the subsequent money-bombs; both TRUE innovations in fundraising) -- the campaign staff SHOULD have brought in someone (even just on a consulting/training basis) to assist in getting those other things done.