PDA

View Full Version : IDEA: Nation Ron Paul PAC campaign for the Legislative Branch

AlexMerced
02-05-2008, 10:12 PM
Ron Paul should continue his national battle, but I'm starting to wonder if it'd be more productive if he started a PAC and we funded him to go around nationally campaigning for Congress and Senate candidates.

He'd still be in the spotlight and if he can really build the Ron paul coalition in congress, we can actually do things like get rid of the IRS and End the war from legislature

We're not ending the fight, but focusing on a more productive battle, and this appaoch we can actually enlist the help of Hucks Army, since it benefits them to get anti-IRS congressmen into office too, so our movement would grow

AlexMerced
02-05-2008, 10:17 PM
bump

utrunner07
02-05-2008, 10:18 PM
not a bad idea, i would consider it if I were him.

slantedview
02-05-2008, 10:18 PM
you have two of these threads? same question - what spotlight?

AlexMerced
02-05-2008, 10:19 PM
three, sorry, just trying to get this idea in people head, I'm sorry... I'm just really worried about us missing out on a great oppurtunity

DeadtoSin
02-05-2008, 10:19 PM
Alex, I'd support this any way I could. As a Christian who talks to fellow Christians, I don't think you know how right you are when you say that a lot of Huckabee supporters would support us there. A lot of my friends would probably go for this, even though they do not support Ron Paul.

It does not matter what the outcome of the Prez election is, this could be good for us.

AlexMerced
02-05-2008, 10:21 PM
Yeah, once I get my account approved I'm going to approach the Hucksters about helping us with the legislative efforts

remember the freedom message is to unite us, not divide us

slantedview
02-05-2008, 10:22 PM
i like the idea. it's basically what G. Edward Griffin advocates. I'm not so quick to throw away the Presidential election though. This election, while Ron is in it, is more of a spotlight and educational tool than a congressional run.

AlexMerced
02-05-2008, 10:30 PM
bump

Gustogus
02-05-2008, 10:32 PM
This has been floating around the boards for a while now. I've liked the idea from the get go. I know Torchbearer has been a pretty large advocate.

Honestly what we need to do is to backburner this until Dr. Paul makes his next move. This movement is directly linked to the good Dr. and I think we're going to be focused on his campaign until we get the nod that its time to branch out.

The best you can do is get in touch with the campaign or even start a website/petition to send to the campaign with this idea. I would sign it.

AlexMerced
02-05-2008, 10:37 PM
I'm just saying we could really triple our efforts with other candidates supporter

we can become the heroes of the republican party this way

or become the destoryer of the repbican party with an indpendant run

Gustogus
02-05-2008, 10:44 PM
Its an idea that needs to be run with instead of bantered about.

As the old saying goes, talk is cheap. I understand where your coming from, the Idea is a good one, we just need to make sure Dr. Paul is aware of the support he has if he goes in that direction.

AlexMerced
02-05-2008, 10:45 PM
lol, I am running with, http://www.libertywarchest.com

DeadtoSin
02-05-2008, 10:46 PM
I've got to agree with Alex here. I think uniting the less neo-con parts of the Republican party to take it back is a good way. We are not alone here. Christians in America are confused right now. They have been told for so long that Bush is a true Christian man who practices his faith. Based on his actions I disagree.

Ron Paul supporters who are Christians must wake their brothers and sisters in Christ up.

It seems to me that the Republican party is strong and weak at the same time. Think of a porch at an old abandoned house. If you let it sit there untended, that wooden porch is not going to just collapse. Its going to stay the same, and continue to lose its strength.

However, when you put some force on that rotten wood, the wood breaks. If we could wake up fellow Republicans and Christians to vote for liberty, rather than the status quo we'd be making the old Republican party crumble pretty quickly.

It'll take work, but I'm not giving up.

AlexMerced
02-05-2008, 11:14 PM
We can double or triple our numbers and really tear up in the legislative branch in this route and get more people to buy Ron Pauls book :)

picture every huckser with a copy of "Revolution: A Manifesto"