PDA

View Full Version : Think about it, Super Tuesday can only help Ron Paul

AJ Antimony
02-05-2008, 10:08 PM
The way I see it, Super Tuesday can produce two different outcomes and both help the campaign of Dr. Ron Paul.

The first outcome: Romney, Huckabee and Paul do better than expected, and McCain does worse than expected. This is most favorable to Paul's campaign goal of a brokered convention. Obviously a plus.

The second outcome: McCain dominates, causing at least one of Huckabee or Romney to drop out, if not both. This leaves both McCain and Paul in the Republican party. Even if McCain has the delegates to clinch the nomination, Paul will remain in the race because as he told us, he only quits when we stop supporting and stop donating money. After all, McCain in reality becomes the nominee in September, not on Feb 6th. Do you know what this means? This means the MSM will pound America with John McCain (and Clinton or Obama) for EIGHT months. This also means Ron Paul has EIGHT months to continue his slow and steady build up of support. Once the Republican convention comes and McCain officially becomes the nominee, Paul should THEN drop out and announce his third party run.

I know it's not likely, but this general election COULD shape up to be the most friendly to a third party candidate since like, the Fillmore administration. I mean think about it. Obama and Hillary are 50/50. It's at least POSSIBLE that whoever fails to get the Democratic ticket will go 3rd party, especially if Obama is the loser. Add to this equation that Americans in general are sick of Republicans (2006 anybody?) so McCain won't pose much of a threat thanks to Bush. Then throw in the rumors of Mike Bloomberg entering as an independent.

With the possible ways the votes could be split, with the fact that Ron Paul can do nothing but GAIN votes in the next eight months, and with the fact that more and more people are losing faith in the two party system, this election could be as friendly to a Ron Paul campaign as it's going to get.

The00viper
02-05-2008, 10:11 PM
Romney and Huckabee won't drop out.

McCain will make Huckabee his VP and they will take the convention.

That's what I'm seeing tonight anyway.

So very pissed off at this country :mad:

derekjohnson
02-05-2008, 10:15 PM
Romney and Huckabee won't drop out.

McCain will make Huckabee his VP and they will take the convention.

That's what I'm seeing tonight anyway.

So very pissed off at this country :mad:

That is how I see it playing out too.

rip747
02-05-2008, 10:18 PM
I'll shoot myself if they pass an amendment that requires you to pray before each meal.

r0bren0
02-05-2008, 10:20 PM
The only problem is that the majority of voters are mis-informed and influenced by the mainstream media.

rockandrollsouls
02-05-2008, 10:22 PM
r0breno, you have some good ideas.

AJ Antimony
02-05-2008, 10:51 PM
The only problem is that the majority of voters are mis-informed and influenced by the mainstream media. With this being the case, we can be almost certain of limited coverage during a 3rd party run. Even though this country is in desperate need of a leader like Ron Paul, americans are too ignorant to catch on to this message. How many times have you heard the BS of the lost vote...?

This can be associated with paying taxes, if you stopped paying taxes would it matter? Hell no it wouldn't our roads and national defense would still have plenty of funding. Now what if everyone stopped paying their taxes? That is some serious food for thought, considering how Ron Paul did not get more favorable results because "thick" minded americans vote for the party.

I personally am in favor of the macro scale of this opportunity. We have grassroot support spread out across america.

Determine a list of other Congressmen to support and donate to (there is more than one way to take over a country)

Create a national fund starting now. 50,000 people donating just $20 per month for the next 40 months with a 5% APR compounded, would generate $126 million for Ron or whoever he endorses for the next election. Let's see the media try to silence him then.

Parlay this support into a larger grass roots effort. We weren't able to get precinct leaders in every precinct in the country, but what could we do in 4 years?

Begin informing the general public. Bring these issues to the people nationally even if we have to talk to millions of people individually over the next 4 years. 50,000 people talking to just 2 different people per day for 1200 days would reach 120 million people (and maybe more as some of those people would then talk to others). We are talking about a third of the country. We aren't going to convert everybody and that's ok. But I think most of us feel that there is a lot more support for this movement out there, if people were informed and even knew that Ron Paul existed and what he stood for. There are still tons of people who say "Ron Paul who?" or if they have heard of him, there is no way they could tell you what he stands for. We need to circumvent the media. That is hard to do in a couple months but in 4 years, it is VERY possible. Plus, as our economy gets even worse and inflation continues to skyrocket, I think people are going to be really interested in WHY this has happened. Most don't know how the FED works or how our overspending has destroyed our economy.

This is just an idea that someone else mentioned in these forums. With enough energy we can achieve the impossible!

Very good ideas. In terms of the 3rd party remark, I completely agree. This is why I think Paul, if he has to go 3rd party, should do so in eight months, AFTER the convention. If he went third party tomorrow, he'd get 0 coverage. If he remained Republican for eight months, he'll at least get some.

Also, Ron Paul is running for President in 2008! The man hasn't announced a 2012 run and he is 72 years old! He also might lose his Congress seat if he goes far enough into this election. Like it or not, the man deserves his retirement. And don't forget, the status quo prevents support for high aged candidates.

JimInNY
02-05-2008, 10:57 PM
T

I personally am in favor of the macro scale of this opportunity. We have grassroot support spread out across america.

Determine a list of other Congressmen to support and donate to (there is more than one way to take over a country)

Create a national fund starting now. 50,000 people donating just $20 per month for the next 40 months with a 5% APR compounded, would generate $126 million for Ron or whoever he endorses for the next election. Let's see the media try to silence him then.

Parlay this support into a larger grass roots effort. We weren't able to get precinct leaders in every precinct in the country, but what could we do in 4 years?

Begin informing the general public. Bring these issues to the people nationally even if we have to talk to millions of people individually over the next 4 years. 50,000 people talking to just 2 different people per day for 1200 days would reach 120 million people (and maybe more as some of those people would then talk to others). We are talking about a third of the country. We aren't going to convert everybody and that's ok. But I think most of us feel that there is a lot more support for this movement out there, if people were informed and even knew that Ron Paul existed and what he stood for. There are still tons of people who say "Ron Paul who?" or if they have heard of him, there is no way they could tell you what he stands for. We need to circumvent the media. That is hard to do in a couple months but in 4 years, it is VERY possible. Plus, as our economy gets even worse and inflation continues to skyrocket, I think people are going to be really interested in WHY this has happened. Most don't know how the FED works or how our overspending has destroyed our economy.

This is just an idea that someone else mentioned in these forums. With enough energy we can achieve the impossible!

I am building a new site dedicated to those ends, http://newr3volution.com/

I'd like to set it up with categories for every state, detailing the path to victory in those states. There was a lot of confusion about what states do what and how delegates are selected etc, and with a few years to get organized, we could really do some damage.

I'd like to find "experts" from every state to maintain their state and we'll have a forum for discussing strategy etc.

It will be a one stop, easy to navigate resource for organizing the new r3volution.