PDA

View Full Version : SPREAD IT FAR AND WIDE (indy run bomb) - www.ronpaulwhitehouse.com

ronpaulyourmom
02-05-2008, 10:07 PM
www.ronpaulwhitehouse.com <--pledge here.

Face it, the GOP has rejected us. There is no plausible path to the nomination after today, none. The next stage in our ideological struggle to save this country is to undertake an Independent run for the White House. I realize there are a lot of naysayers on this issue. Some people think it's insanely hard to do and that it cannot be done. I submit the following points to argue otherwise. If you agree, please help me spread word about the site and make sure to signup today. :D

Ballot Signatures:
We need to gather about 800,000 signatures nationwide to get on the ballots. We have a wonderful precinct captain system to help accomplish this, and I've read reports that to hire collectors to do the job would cost about 3 million dollars. It's absolutely ridiculous to suggest that we cannot collect these signatures.

Sore Loser Laws:
Only four states in the country present possible issues with Sore Loser laws: Texas, Ohio, South Dakota, and Mississippi. There may be legal grounds to dispute these laws. More information here (http://www.ballot-access.org/2007/01/12/sore-loser-laws-dont-generally-apply-to-presidential-candidates/) and here (http://www.ballot-access.org/2007/07/20/do-sore-loser-laws-apply-to-presidential-candidates/)

Votes:
Polling done by Rasmussen a week ago showed that Ron Paul would garner between 7-11% of the vote in four-way matchups that included Bloomberg, Paul, and the GOP/Dem nominees. More info here. (http://www.rasmussenreports.com/public_content/politics/election_20082/2008_presidential_election/will_michael_bloomberg_ron_paul_run_third_party_ca mpaigns_in_2008)

Debates:
Perot got in them before, no reason we cant pull it off as well. If the polling above is true, then the media might actually let us in. Double digit support is the key, and it looks like we might be able to manage that.

A New Era:
We've learned some important lessons and made some mistakes, but the campaign activities have improved at the official level, and the grassroots got their much needed wakeup call that our attention starved methods are not very effective. We still have powerful weapons at our disposal, namely the 24 hour news cycle, new media, high name recognition, record high voter dissatisfaction, etc... Most importantly, we have the winning message and the dedication to spread it. Educating people takes time, we shouldn't give up yet.

JoshLowry
02-05-2008, 10:08 PM
Let Ron take the initiative. He will let us know if he wants to run third party.

expatriot
02-05-2008, 10:11 PM
Let Ron take the initiative. He will let us know if he wants to run third party.
------------
But let it not be said that we did nothing. - Congressman Ron Paul

Oh the irony of that post! :D

ronpaulyourmom
02-05-2008, 10:12 PM

Isn't it good to let him know that we'll give him a lot of support if he decides to do it? We should try to let the campaign know just what their starting point might look like.

FluffyUnbound
02-05-2008, 10:14 PM

Paul only ran for the Republican nomination because he received emails and letters from all over the country asking him to.

I'm going to email the campaign AND his Congressional campaign right now asking him to run third party.

Hillary Vs. McCain PLUS recession PLUS the war goes on = THIRD PARTY NOW, BABY DOLL!

colecrowe
02-05-2008, 10:15 PM
500 from me. 500 from dad. 200 from father-in-law. another 1776 from Gramps = 3k. total of 300 or so from a bunch of my army buddies also very likely. IF HE GOES iNDY AND RUNS SOME INFOMERCIALS. I undershot it and put 2300. Plus wife and I both would canvass and get signatures, as would a couple neighbors, cousins, my uncle-in-law.

Gustogus
02-05-2008, 10:24 PM
Honestly folks.If I had my choice I'd rather him not run 3rd party. I'd rather him ride this one out and look beyond this election. Theres a longview here. Neo-Cons didn't just pop-up one year and take over the party.

I think our real chance at change comes within the party itself. Just because they didn't listen this time around doesn't mean they won't in the future. Dr. Pauls idea's, while great, are to "new" for some people. I'll follow the Dr. wherever he leads, but if we really want to change the direction of America we have to be able to look past next week.

It's an entrenched 2 party system, I feel our best bet is to work on changing the party itself. There are a lot of small government/fiscal conservatives out there, they've lost there way this year, we can bring them back and the easiest way to do that is to simply reawaken them to the party they know and used to love.

IDefendThePlatform
02-05-2008, 10:24 PM
I will email the campaign, too. Great idea and great thread.

morerocklesstalk
02-05-2008, 10:27 PM
Honestly folks.If I had my choice I'd rather him not run 3rd party. I'd rather him ride this one out and look beyond this election. Theres a longview here. Neo-Cons didn't just pop-up one year and take over the party.

I think our real chance at change comes within the party itself. Just because they didn't listen this time around doesn't mean they won't in the future. Dr. Pauls idea's, while great, are to "new" for some people. I'll follow the Dr. wherever he leads, but if we really want to change the direction of America we have to be able to look past next week.

It's an entrenched 2 party system, I feel our best bet is to work on changing the party itself. There are a lot of small government/fiscal conservatives out there, they've lost there way this year, we can bring them back and the easiest way to do that is to simply reawaken them to the party they know and used to love.

I disagree. The Republican party does not view us as one of them. They have changed the party from the inside out.

hueylong
02-05-2008, 10:28 PM
We need to let Ron know HOW WE FEEL. Then, he can make a decision.

boethius27
02-05-2008, 10:33 PM
You third party thread starters are getting damn annoying

How good has a 3rd party or indy ever done?! Jack shit. What, so every Ron Pauler votes for his indy run and he gets a whopping 10%? Big Frickin deal.

Shut up and support him for the long run of the GOP race.

If he wants to quit, then we can give up. Until then, support him and quit being a moron about it!

colecrowe
02-05-2008, 11:11 PM
bump

ronpaulyourmom
02-06-2008, 12:04 AM
bump

;)

Jae0
02-06-2008, 12:04 AM
What a bunc hof crap

TNFreedom
02-06-2008, 12:06 AM
Get this thread at the top. This is the reality now. End of story.

CrazyRonPaulSupporter
02-06-2008, 12:08 AM
Let Ron decide for Gods sake!

Paul.Bearer.of.Injustice
02-06-2008, 12:10 AM
can we at least wait until delegates are actually elected? Christ.
Are any of these "its over, time for 3rd party" threads not made by a teenager with ADHD?
Breathe.

Paul4Prez
02-06-2008, 12:10 AM
A third party run is the only way to go now. Yes, we should leave it up to Ron Paul to decide, but the website above should help him make up his mind. Will he start out with a huge money bomb? Will he have enough people helping to gather signatures? Let him know, so he can make the best decision.

Madison
02-06-2008, 12:11 AM
This movement is about all of us, not just one man. If we want Ron Paul to run as an Independent, we need to make that clear to him, not continue this fantasy of thinking we have a shot at the GOP nomination.

colecrowe
02-06-2008, 12:40 AM
This movement is about all of us, not just one man. If we want Ron Paul to run as an Independent, we need to make that clear to him, not continue this fantasy of thinking we have a shot at the GOP nomination.

QFT: fantasy!

MayTheRonBeWithYou
02-06-2008, 12:51 AM

It was the supporters who talked Ron into this primary race, so it's the supporters who need to talk him into an iNDY run.

People, please email the campaign and tell them we want Ron running in the general election!

JoshLowry
02-06-2008, 12:54 AM
It was the supporters who talked Ron into this primary race, so it's the supporters who need to talk him into an iNDY run.

People, please email the campaign and tell them we want Ron running in the general election!

Email away. :)

ronpaulyourmom
02-06-2008, 10:44 AM
bump

familydog
02-06-2008, 10:49 AM

Quote of the day.

Ron knows we will support him no matter what.

colecrowe
02-06-2008, 12:42 PM
bump

free.alive
02-06-2008, 01:31 PM
This (http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=113582) is the way forward, not the folly of an independent run.

colecrowe
02-06-2008, 07:02 PM
bump

robert4rp08
02-06-2008, 07:38 PM
For shit's sake. Just support Ron Paul. It doesn't matter wtf he is. Just support the man!

wstrucke
02-06-2008, 07:46 PM
there are 20 states left. Dr. Paul has been fighting this battle his entire life and you're giving up after a few months. let's see what happens and trust him to make the right choice.

ronpaulyourmom
02-07-2008, 11:51 AM
there are 20 states left. Dr. Paul has been fighting this battle his entire life and you're giving up after a few months. let's see what happens and trust him to make the right choice.

Not giving up, moving to the next logical battleground.

You guys need to wake up and understand that the republican nomination was decided on Feb 5th, just go look at the delegate numbers. Romney "suspending" his campaign only solidifies this point.

colecrowe
02-07-2008, 05:03 PM
bump

barrett203
02-07-2008, 05:09 PM
I say. You guys are not in line with what the campaign officially wants. Mods?

Bruno
02-07-2008, 05:12 PM

But they just handed it to McCain. There won't be any more debates, there won't be any coverage for anyone but him. If you think the media blackout was bad now, imagine how bad it will be in those states:

"The Republican primary tonight is being held tonight in (insert state). But it is largely a formality because John McCain is the only candidate running."

What is wrong with calling/emailing HQ to let them know that we back Dr. Paul no matter what his decision is?

colecrowe
02-07-2008, 06:31 PM
bump

colecrowe
02-07-2008, 11:48 PM
bump

IDefendThePlatform
02-08-2008, 08:13 AM
I just pledged at http://www.ronpaulwhitehouse.com/

I think one overlooked aspect of this whole "Should we even be talking about an Indy run" debate is:

1) Emails, calls and requests are what originally convinced Dr. P to run for President
2) RP himself said at the Florida debate, when asked about an independent run "I wish they (my opponents) would worry about it. It might keep them on their toes."

So even while he maintains that RIGHT NOW he has no intention of running independent, I think its our job as his supporters to make his opponents "worry about it" by pledging our support, if that's what RP decides to do.

Seadeus
02-08-2008, 11:57 AM
A 3rd party run expands the revolution beyond just the Presidential race. That is what we need, attacking congressional seats. That will set ys up to keep moving, the GOP will wear the revolution down if given the chance.

colecrowe
02-08-2008, 01:48 PM
Go to www.RonPaulWhitehouse.com (http://www.RonPaulWhitehouse.com) and pledge to show your support for the most amazing statesman this country will have had for who knows how long (JUST IN CASE).

BUT

I admit, and am happy to do so: There is no reason to think we need to go iNDY until we see what happens between now and March 4th. He MIGHT start stomping McCain based on low voter turnout due to apathy since the media has 110% called it for McCain, and based on how horrible a choice McCain is and how much he is getting lambasted in on the air and in print, and at the 'watercooler'. Especially as Iraq of course continues blowing up and the economy gets worse. Here is my proof:

http://lh4.google.com/croweswedding/R6ywAK-LXxI/AAAAAAAAB3I/6idRU4Flu2o/2-8-08ronpauldonation.JPG?imgmax=576

Thank you for your generous donation of $100.00!

Contribution received!

Thank you very much for your donation to the Ron Paul 2008 Presidential Campaign.
Your donation will allow us to expand and grow our campaign.
We depend on donors like you to help us spread the message of freedom, peace and prosperity through Ron Paul’s candidacy.
You will receive an email shortly with a confirmation number.

But after March 4th...

I'm out if in a month's time he continues to win 0 states and still has less than 15% support and yet refuses to go iNDY (I'll still write him in and spread the word, make calls, etc., but I probably won't donate anymore, and I'll be very sad).

Well, I can safely say...if donations dry up....Paul will be forced to call it quits, so please continue to DONATE.

http://www.ronpaulwhitehouse.com/

my dad said he'd donate another 500 to Paul (IF he announces 3rd party) (he donated 200 on Dec. 16th--but that was when it seemed like he REALLY could maybe, possibly win the Nom. I would donate 500 the day he declares (even though it will hurt financially), whereas I can't afford to give anymore (I gave just over a 1,100 in Q4 to the cause--so shut up) for his Republican run; and gramps would probably wager another 1776.00

The 2nd and 3rd tier, broader-base of supporters aren't (many or most of them) going to donate MORE--if they already have once--because TO THEM it is obvious or at least nearly certain that he's not going to get the Nom from the Republican party (I'm not saying I believe that--but they DO). However, they would be very willing and enthusiastic about supporting him in an iNDEPENDENT run.
Primary Calendar: http://www.opensecrets.org/pres08/calendar.asp (http://www.opensecrets.org/pres08/calendar.asp)

Month

Date
Feb.

Kansas Republican caucus
Louisiana

District of Columbia
Maryland
Virginia

Washington
Wisconsin

March

Ohio
Rhode Island
Texas
Vermont

Mississippi
April

Pennsylvania
May

Indiana
North Carolina

Nebraska
West Virginia primary

Kentucky
Oregon

Idaho Republican primary
June

Montana primary
New Mexico Republican primary
South Dakota
August

Aug. 25-28
Democratic National Convention — Denver, CO
September

Sept. 1-4
Republican National Convention — Minneapolis-St. Paul, MN

MN Patriot
02-08-2008, 02:06 PM
But after March 4th...

Primary Calendar: http://www.opensecrets.org/pres08/calendar.asp (http://www.opensecrets.org/pres08/calendar.asp)

Month

Date
Feb.

Kansas Republican caucus
Louisiana

District of Columbia
Maryland
Virginia

Washington
Wisconsin

March

Ohio
Rhode Island
Texas
Vermont

Mississippi
April

Pennsylvania
May

Indiana
North Carolina

Nebraska
West Virginia primary

Kentucky
Oregon

Idaho Republican primary
June

Montana primary
New Mexico Republican primary
South Dakota
August

Aug. 25-28
Democratic National Convention — Denver, CO
September

Sept. 1-4
Republican National Convention — Minneapolis-St. Paul, MN

You forgot:

Libertarian National Convention --- Denver, CO
May 22 - 26

Ron needs to switch to the Libertarian Party in March or April, get the ball rolling for a history making third party campaign!!!

colecrowe
02-08-2008, 02:20 PM
You forgot:

May 22 - 26

Ron needs to switch to the Libertarian Party in March or April, get the ball rolling for a history making third party campaign!!!

You forgot:

May 22 - 26

Yeah, sure, if you want to guarantee a ceiling of 10%.

Go iNDY. it's perfect. ask around, would you vote for an independent? and then, would you vote for the Libertarian?

Yeah, NO. drugs, borders, social security.

Just go iNDY, so the voters can declare their independence from the parties, their horrible candidates, special interests and lobbyists, on and on.

MN Patriot
02-08-2008, 02:32 PM
Yeah, sure, if you want to guarantee a ceiling of 10%.

Go iNDY. it's perfect. ask around, would you vote for an independent? and then, would you vote for the Libertarian?

Yeah, NO. drugs, borders, social security.

Just go iNDY, so the voters can declare their independence from the parties, their horrible candidates, special interests and lobbyists, on and on.

Tell me how an independent is going to get on the ballot of all 50 states? It won't happen unless the "billionaire" shows up. Gaining ballot access is the most difficult thing to do, it would waste millions of dollars and time that would be better spent actually focusing on the campaign.

This is much more than just electing Ron to president. There needs to be a revolution involving millions of people at all levels of government, and running as a Libertarian will allow thousands if not millions of people to get involved in the Revolution. Running as an independent will not have any foundation, it will just be a one shot wonder.

Before this election, hardly anyone heard about Ron Paul, and most people still don't know what he stands for. That will be present in any campaign run as a Republican, Libertarian or independent.

IDefendThePlatform
02-08-2008, 03:05 PM
Tell me how an independent is going to get on the ballot of all 50 states? It won't happen unless the "billionaire" shows up. Gaining ballot access is the most difficult thing to do, it would waste millions of dollars and time that would be better spent actually focusing on the campaign.

This is much more than just electing Ron to president. There needs to be a revolution involving millions of people at all levels of government, and running as a Libertarian will allow thousands if not millions of people to get involved in the Revolution. Running as an independent will not have any foundation, it will just be a one shot wonder.

Before this election, hardly anyone heard about Ron Paul, and most people still don't know what he stands for. That will be present in any campaign run as a Republican, Libertarian or independent.

Ross Perot got on in all 50 as an independent. He spent millions of dollars, but he didn't have anything like our grassroots or the internet.

If Ron wants to help eliminate the stigma of the libertarian label, thats his choice. But from the perspective of how we can best continue to spread the message and win votes, I think Independent is a much better option.

ronpaulyourmom
02-08-2008, 03:26 PM

Ron Paul carries the Libertarian label, the media always references him as Libertarian leaning. Most people who end up voting for him will begin to understand, by way of this, that they have libertarian leanings also.

I do not agree that it's a one-shot wonder. I think the platform and ideas, the basic point of waking people up, is the first and most important step. This goal is best achieved with an Independent run.

colecrowe
02-08-2008, 03:30 PM

Ross Perot got on in all 50 as an independent. He spent millions of dollars, but he didn't have anything like our grassroots or the internet.

If Ron wants to help eliminate the stigma of the libertarian label, thats his choice. But from the perspective of how we can best continue to spread the message and win votes, I think Independent is a much better option.

Yeah--we couldn't get on the ballots WITH SEVEN MONTHS TO DO SO?! Whatever. What a bunch of crap. How the F did Perot do it? We have way more grassroots than he did. And DON'T SAY, "With his billions." He spent 65 million--look on wikipedia. What cost $65000000 in 1990 would cost $107,402,877.98 in 2007. source: http://www.westegg.com/inflation/infl.cgi (http://www.westegg.com/inflation/infl.cgi)

An independent run is virtually impossible.
The ballot access battle is ridiculously difficult and would never happen
if Ron Paul tried to go independent.

With the sheer numbers of grassroots supporters already keyed in
the feasibility of undercutting the MSM stranglehold in the general election exists.
The organization does not cease to exist - who wants to abandon hope?
Not while we are still organized - that would be nuts.
Let us keep this thing together - no matter what.

The biggest part of making a third-party run is already in place.

The only realistic choice is to go with the Libertarian Party.

I won't vote for anyone but Ron Paul, no matter what happens.

But all this is still premature - let's wait for the results.
It is only a few hours until all the rest of the cards are on the table.

kgiese
02-08-2008, 03:35 PM
As far as I know Ron Paul has been a Republican, and has made no other claim.

IDefendThePlatform
02-08-2008, 03:53 PM
As far as I know Ron Paul has been a Republican, and has made no other claim.

He ran as a Libertarian for president in 1988. He has been a republican every other year before and since then.

MN Patriot
02-08-2008, 08:14 PM
Yeah--we couldn't get on the ballots WITH SEVEN MONTHS TO DO SO?! Whatever. What a bunch of crap. How the F did Perot do it? We have way more grassroots than he did. And DON'T SAY, "With his billions." He spent 65 million--look on wikipedia. What cost $65000000 in 1990 would cost $107,402,877.98 in 2007. source:

What you fail to understand is the time and money spent getting your name on the ballot is resources diverted away from actively campaigning. The Libertarian Party has already laid the groundwork for us, how many millions would it cost to achieve what they have already achieved?

The Libertarian Party convention is in May because they need all summer to get the presidential candidate on the ballot in all states, and they already have half the states set. It is a real money draining proposition to start from square one sometime in May or June. It would be impossible to do in September after the Republican convention if he doesn't get the nomination.

ronpaulyourmom
02-09-2008, 11:21 AM
bump,

Let's send a message to Dr. Paul that we don't want him to give up on the presidential bid, and that we feel the message is best spread on the national level than in his congressional district...

FreeTraveler
02-09-2008, 11:25 AM
This discussion is now counterproductive to the wishes of the good doctor. Let it die a peaceful death.

cageybee
02-10-2008, 12:35 AM
Digg here http://www.ronpaulwhitehouse.com/

ronpaulyourmom
02-17-2008, 03:16 PM
Digg here http://www.ronpaulwhitehouse.com/

dugg.

Aratus
02-17-2008, 03:20 PM
is dr. ron paul now torn between wanting to be secure in his re-election attempt
and the pressures by us on him for him to keep running on the national level?

libertytalklive
02-17-2008, 08:06 PM
This is why I'm voting Write In Ron Paul (http://www.write-in-ron-paul.com) Like the website says, there's still hope for america.