PDA

View Full Version : Why did I just see my first Ron Paul commercial in Missouri?

4RP08inKCMO
02-05-2008, 10:05 PM
I just saw my first official campaign commercial around an hour and a half ago. Is this an indication of an independent run? If not, why is he spending money on commercials here after the primary is over?

4RP08inKCMO
02-05-2008, 10:23 PM
Bump?

coyote_sprit
02-05-2008, 10:23 PM
No clue.

LibertyOfOne
02-05-2008, 10:25 PM
Maybe he has mole inside his campaign that are trying to screw him over. After all the times HQ dropped the ball I would not be shocked.

4RP08inKCMO
02-05-2008, 11:19 PM
I just saw another Ron Paul commercial at 11:15 pm. Last time I checked, the polls closed here in Missouri about 4 hours ago! What's the purpose of this?

Redcard
02-05-2008, 11:20 PM
Sheer incompetence.

Paul10
02-05-2008, 11:23 PM

coffeewithchess
02-05-2008, 11:26 PM
Maybe those commercials are part of the missing $17 million that may start to surface...

Ronin
02-05-2008, 11:34 PM
There's been reports of radio ads running weeks after the primaries. I think it was Michigan and Utah?

dawnbt
02-05-2008, 11:36 PM
Nothing surprises me anymore.

Xyrus2
02-05-2008, 11:42 PM
Are you serious? They're running ads in the Tuesday states NOW??!??!?!?

Well there you have it. Yes, the media played a good role. But HQ, you have truly given a new textbook example of incompetence.

I'd say youtube, but it would only make me more frustrated.

This can't be incompetence. This has to be an inside job, a deliberate saboteur, right? I'm not one for conspiracies, but honestly no one could be so stupid as to run ads in primary states AFTER THE FREAKIN' PRIMARY CLOSES!

Someone please counter and say these people are just trolls. I have a sinking feeling though that they may be telling the truth.

~X~

Ronin
02-05-2008, 11:45 PM
To be fair maybe they bought a block ending today.

4RP08inKCMO
02-05-2008, 11:47 PM
I don't have video of it actually on my TV but it was the Our Nation is in Trouble ad: http://youtube.com/watch?v=ugJgx38jkn0

4RP08inKCMO
02-05-2008, 11:48 PM
To be fair maybe they bought a block ending today.

Correct. Just because I haven't seen one doesn't mean they weren't running all day today and before today. It's just funny because I've been hoping to see one for awhile and when I finally do, it's after I have voted. Oh well, it's not like I needed any more motivation to vote for Ron Paul today!

BreakYourChains
02-05-2008, 11:49 PM
Well, we have been screwed by the MSM. These same people control the schedules for ads, eh? If the entire country uses the AP wire to set their newspapers up for the candidates, as they reported when they left Ron Paul out of their newspapers, perhaps it is not too far fetched to believe that someone did this on purpose? I have no idea, just thinking....will be hard to prove, since it can just be a mistake and they just fire some underling. Same thing happened in a New Hampshire paper, as one of the Meetup groups paid for an ad before the primary, and the paper said, "sorry, we messed up."

louisiana4liberty
02-05-2008, 11:49 PM
Maybe we didn't get what we paid for? Maybe the media deliberately ran the ads late to affect the vote? I find it hard to believe that the campaign would pay for ads to run after the voting. That is a pretty basic thing to consider when purchasing ad time.

Redcard
02-05-2008, 11:50 PM
This can't be incompetence. This has to be an inside job, a deliberate saboteur, right? I'm not one for conspiracies, but honestly no one could be so stupid as to run ads in primary states AFTER THE FREAKIN' PRIMARY CLOSES!

Why must it be a saboteur?

MONTHS ago, people were defending Ron's choice of campaign staff because "they're trustworthy and know how to win, and that way there's no sabotage by the CFR/NWO/MSM/Neocons/etc"

Now it's "There must've been a saboteur, no one is that stupid."

Look. It was INCOMPETENTLY RUN. From start to finish. Look at it rationally. You had people not getting materials after ordering them. You had huge donations that were rreported every day. You had people hearing radio ads in Michigan and New Hampshire weeks after. You had very little communication from the campaign.

We told people this and were called trolls, and now that there's not much left to do, instead of admitting that , yes, the campaign sucked giant donkey balls and Ron Paul is to blame, we're going to just look for a saboteur?

STOP LOOKING FOR EASY THINGS TO BLAME THIS ON, AND SUCK IT UP.

Accept the fact that this had every chance, and Ron Paul and the HQ screwed it up.

Unless we learn, we'll never win.

Redcard
02-05-2008, 11:51 PM
Well, we have been screwed by the MSM. These same people control the schedules for ads, eh? If the entire country uses the AP wire to set their newspapers up for the candidates, as they reported when they left Ron Paul out of their newspapers, perhaps it is not too far fetched to believe that someone did this on purpose? I have no idea, just thinking....will be hard to prove, since it can just be a mistake and they just fire some underling. Same thing happened in a New Hampshire paper, as one of the Meetup groups paid for an ad before the primary, and the paper said, "sorry, we messed up."

You buy ad blocks by the time. Ads running after 7PM are "prime time" and cost more. There's no way that , even if they hate us, they'd run something in prime time that wasn't paid for.

ronpaulblogsdotcom
02-05-2008, 11:55 PM
This is something with a person involved. So it might be an accident. It might be the RP staff, but more likely it is a procedure, incompetence or sabotage by the TV channel.

nodope0695
02-05-2008, 11:56 PM
At least you've seen one. I've not seen a single RP ad here in MD.