PDA

View Full Version : Democracy is a flawed concept

rodent
02-05-2008, 10:01 PM

Joe3113
02-05-2008, 10:02 PM
"The best argument against democracy is a five-minute conversation with the average voter."

- Winston Churchill

PRIEST
02-05-2008, 10:04 PM
Great post.

Young_Apprentice
02-05-2008, 10:05 PM
Thanks for this post. I say this all of the time but people laugh at me...

DianaJ
02-05-2008, 10:06 PM
"The best argument against democracy is a five-minute conversation with the average voter."

- Winston Churchill

Priceless!

RochesterRyan
02-05-2008, 10:07 PM
this isn't even democracy

we are ruled by a corporate elite

in their eyes, they cant lose

McCain, Romney, Clinton, Obama...all statists

Young_Apprentice
02-05-2008, 10:10 PM
this isn't even democracy

we are ruled by a corporate elite

in their eyes, they cant lose

McCain, Romney, Clinton, Obama...all statists

Yes, but these people get the majority's vote. These people only expose the weaknesses of our sad little democracy.

luvthedoc08
02-05-2008, 10:10 PM
ya i agree mostly except i think that this road we are on was not a natural evolution of mankind, i think the masses have been consistently manipulated and controlled throughout history. We had a slim chance to shake them off here in the US, but alas we have failed. The true spirit of humanity lives on within us and we have to guard it with our lives

slantedview
02-05-2008, 10:13 PM
good post. you seem to know what the deal is so i'll ask you: what is to be done?

rollingpig
02-05-2008, 10:14 PM
it's ok, it's just a ride

garrettwombat
02-05-2008, 10:17 PM
the system our founders set up left to many holes for tyranny to make its way in...

i think we should have a stricter system of preserving liberty...

what went wrong with our system??? why was tyranny able to make its way in???
why didnt our constitution protect us? and why was the government able to over-ride it?
these are the things we need to look at to fix.

Rob
02-05-2008, 10:18 PM
ya i agree mostly except i think that this road we are on was not a natural evolution of mankind, i think the masses have been consistently manipulated and controlled throughout history. We had a slim chance to shake them off here in the US, but alas we have failed. The true spirit of humanity lives on within us and we have to guard it with our lives

Have the masses been manipulated or have they allowed themselves to be manipulated?

It's an interesting question, and I tend to side with the original poster on this debate.

user
02-05-2008, 10:18 PM
Once again, I hope everyone reads the link in my sig, where Ron Paul addresses this very issue.

rodent
02-05-2008, 10:20 PM

ArrestPoliticians
02-05-2008, 10:26 PM
WE need constitutional dictatorship by the military where they beat the shit out of anyone who tries to defy the constitution. After a fair trial, of course :)

JimTrebek
02-05-2008, 10:32 PM
good post. you seem to know what the deal is so i'll ask you: what is to be done?

What we need to do is take the momentum from this campaign and transfer it into a more general movement, not just focused on political change, but societal change on an individual level. First thing we need to do start getting people to throw out their damn TV's. If anything, that's the biggest reason people are a bunch of sheep. Second thing is to stop buying so much unneeded crap.