PDA

View Full Version : These are the times that try men's souls.

krott5333
02-05-2008, 10:01 PM
The summer soldier and the sunshine patriot will, in this crisis, shrink from the service of their country; but he that stands it now, deserves the love and thanks of man and woman. Tyranny, like hell, is not easily conquered; yet we have this consolation with us, that the harder the conflict, the more glorious the triumph. What we obtain too cheap, we esteem too lightly: it is dearness only that gives every thing its value. Heaven knows how to put a proper price upon its goods; and it would be strange indeed if so celestial an article as Freedom should not be highly rated.

-Thomas Paine

Paulitical Correctness
02-05-2008, 10:02 PM
Thank you. :)

Dark_Horse_Rider
02-05-2008, 10:03 PM
Fine Words

krott5333
02-05-2008, 10:03 PM
This is just the beginning...

they took our country from us, one step at a time. We must take it back, one step at a time.

molly_pitcher
02-05-2008, 10:05 PM
I was hoping someone was ganna start quoting Paine :-)

nullvalu
02-05-2008, 10:08 PM
I love the man that can smile in trouble, that can gather strength from distress, and grow brave by reflection. 'Tis the business of little minds to shrink, but he whose heart is firm, and whose conscience approves his conduct, will pursue his principles unto death.

-Thomas Paine

nullvalu
02-05-2008, 10:10 PM
Lead, follow, or get out of the way.

-Thomas Paine

This man was brilliant, I tell you.

nullvalu
02-05-2008, 10:11 PM
That government is best which governs least.

-Thomas Paine

Wow, I actually thought that was Jefferson who said that. Interesting.

Austin
02-05-2008, 10:13 PM
Paine is the mothafuckin' man...

micahnelson
02-05-2008, 10:22 PM
i appreciate the sentiment, and often fall into the habit of quoting history. I think we should put some things into perspective.

Those men were fighting a shooting war. We are working on elections.

Most people are unhappy with their candidate, especially on the Republican side. We need to start focusing on education for the masses. It needs to be in layers.

1) Meat for the patriots. A newsletter perhaps. the forums as Liberty Forrest will help with keeping patriots connected.

2) Milk for the brainwashed. Viral videos that will make people doubt their government and question the little world they have built in their minds. A perfect example is that parody of the guy calling for pizza who isn't allowed to order meats because of his medical condition... etc etc. We need to get our message passed around and carried through channels we did not create so it will reach people we cannot reach. Weapons grade truth, as I call it. Information that will get through the gauntlet of the mind, not seeming too extreme or kooky, but being common plain and very american. Check out some Will Rogers stuff. Everyone likes Will Rogers

"Alexander Hamilton started the U.S. Treasury with nothing, and that was the closest our country has ever been to being even. "

"A fool and his money are soon elected. "

Buy land. They ain't making any more of the stuff.

I have a scheme for stopping war. It's this - no nation is allowed to enter a war till they have paid for the last one.

The only difference between death and taxes is that death doesn't get worse every time Congress meets.

Things in our country run in spite of government, not by aid of it.

That sort of down to earth, independent American thinking. It has much more room to spread that "OMG CFR". If you really want to stop globalism, make people realize how great America can be on it's own. You can quote me on that.

3) Shows of Force. I don't mean this in a literal sense, but things to show the powers that be that we are capable of coordinating large groups of people to do things in an effective way. I think these actions, while helping boost morale, serve to remind those who would oppress us that there will be opposition. Money Bombs, letter writing campaigns, rallies, flash mobs, tea bags in the mail, snowballs at hannity (maybe, lol). Just helps to keep them on their toes- like the Boston Tea party, you know? Remind them that we aren't all sheep.

just some thoughts.

MichGuy59
02-05-2008, 10:22 PM
I believe, much to your possible chagrin, along with most of those here on these forums, Paine was referring to taking up arms and giving their very lives in the cause of freedom.

The ones with the power dictate the rules. There is only one way to take back the power. The MSM, and the ruling elite will never allow the constitution back in Washington as things stand now.

After this election, I am convinced there is only one way to take our country back. We don't have time to wait. Paine was right.

Long Live Liberty, Long Live Our Constitution, Long Live America!

nullvalu
02-05-2008, 10:28 PM
I think this one is pretty fitting....

If we do not hang together, we shall surely hang separately.

-Thomas Paine

michelleandjamonti
02-05-2008, 10:29 PM
I am a strong supporter since March 2007 I just can't see how other people don't see past the corruption and bull of the other candidates and what I saw this last year was a gross display of power and diabolical disregard for good citizens of this country. I am trying to keep myself from going into a slight depression right now because I just can't believe that the reports of Super Tuesday are correct. I want to leave the country in a hurry can someone please offer any words to me at this point because my emotions are extremely sad and of disbelief. What do we do now? I just can't believe it? Is it really over???

mconder
02-05-2008, 10:30 PM
Now more than ever, I really feel the meaning of Thomas's words.

nullvalu
02-05-2008, 10:31 PM
I am a strong supporter since March 2007 I just can't see how other people don't see past the corruption and bull of the other candidates and what I saw this last year was a gross display of power and diabolical disregard for good citizens of this country. I am trying to keep myself from going into a slight depression right now because I just can't believe that the reports of Super Tuesday are correct. I want to leave the country in a hurry can someone please offer any words to me at this point because my emotions are extremely sad and of disbelief. What do we do now? I just can't believe it? Is it really over???

Nothing is over. Relax. Will you quit fighting for liberty?

krott5333
02-05-2008, 10:33 PM
I believe, much to your possible chagrin, along with most of those here on these forums, Paine was referring to taking up arms and giving their very lives in the cause of freedom.

The ones with the power dictate the rules. There is only one way to take back the power. The MSM, and the ruling elite will never allow the constitution back in Washington as things stand now.

After this election, I am convinced there is only one way to take our country back. We don't have time to wait. Paine was right.

Long Live Liberty, Long Live Our Constitution, Long Live America!

lock and load