PDA

View Full Version : What will it take to win?

WedgeTalon
02-05-2008, 09:54 PM
To step back from things for a moment, assuming Paul gets no better than third in any given area that hasn't been decided yet, how many states after today will we have to get 1st in in order to WIN?

Iowa4Paul
02-05-2008, 09:55 PM
To step back from things for a moment, assuming Paul gets no better than third in any given area that hasn't been decided yet, how many states after today will we have to get 1st in in order to WIN?

So the exit polls decide the winner now?

RonPauledbyYoutube
02-05-2008, 09:56 PM

ALL

literatim
02-05-2008, 09:57 PM
All we need are enough delegates to compete in a brokered convention. The public perception of who won the state matters little, all it matters are the delegates obtained. For example everyone thinks McCain won Louisiana, we will have all 41 of its delegates.

WedgeTalon
02-05-2008, 10:02 PM
So the exit polls decide the winner now?

I'm basing that assumption off of our performance so far in states that have already been called for a candidate. Just pure hypothetical. I'm keeping my fingers crossed for a few good seconds (theres a couple believably within reach IMO), but I'm doubting we'll pull any firsts tonight.

WedgeTalon
02-05-2008, 10:04 PM
All we need are enough delegates to compete in a brokered convention. The public perception of who won the state matters little, all it matters are the delegates obtained. For example everyone thinks McCain won Louisiana, we will have all 41 of its delegates.

This is still something I don't quite understand. Some states are winner takes all, some seem to be percentage based (maybe?) and some are purely based off what delegates got votes or somesuch? Very confusing.

Laja
02-05-2008, 10:05 PM
it'll take continuing to fund the campaign so ron paul can continue to get his message out. delegates can change their minds when it comes time for the big convention. so we need to keep our noses to the grindstone, come up with more and better creative ways to get the word out, and keep sending money to the campaign.