PDA

View Full Version : Shadow Rallying The Opposition

Thom1776
08-08-2007, 12:30 PM
Washingtonpost.com has this great tool called “Campaign Tracker”.

http://projects.washingtonpost.com/2008-presidential-candidates/tracker/

We should start “shadow rallying” the opposition every chance we can, Democrat AND Republican.

Here is how a shadow rally works: Hillary Clinton is appearing in Rochester, NH right about now. Ron Paul supporters show up with signs, wearing tee shirts, etc. Representing the Representative. We just stand there, no yelling, no chanting slogans, no engaging in arguments; just a visual presence. It’s OK to have literature and other material to hand out to people who ask for it, but beyond that, do nothing else. After all, it’s not our event, it’s another candidate’s event.

What this does is send a message that we are everywhere. It may also get some form of media coverage, and we all know that every little bit helps.

JosephTheLibertarian
08-08-2007, 12:31 PM
Washingtonpost.com has this great tool called “Campaign Tracker”.

http://projects.washingtonpost.com/2008-presidential-candidates/tracker/

We should start “shadow rallying” the opposition every chance we can, Democrat AND Republican.

Here is how a shadow rally works: Hillary Clinton is appearing in Rochester, NH right about now. Ron Paul supporters show up with signs, wearing tee shirts, etc. Representing the Representative. We just stand there, no yelling, no chanting slogans, no engaging in arguments; just a visual presence. It’s OK to have literature and other material to hand out to people who ask for it, but beyond that, do nothing else. After all, it’s not our event, it’s another candidate’s event.

What this does is send a message that we are everywhere. It may also get some form of media coverage, and we all know that every little bit helps.

Why not get aggressive?

torchbearer
08-08-2007, 12:33 PM
Why not get aggressive?

Only if they pull out mace and tear gas....

jpa
08-08-2007, 12:33 PM
Why not get aggressive?

Turns people off.

Sean
08-08-2007, 12:36 PM
Why not get aggressive?

I think it shows bad taste to interrupt others events. So it is best to stay quiet and maybe talk to people when they are leaving or arriving and pass out literature. Some of the people might just be there for the spectacle and might not have a firm candidate.

Shink
08-08-2007, 12:41 PM
Yeah, keep the respectful attitude. It's all about showing your presence, letting onlookers know there's a MUCH better alternative to whoever you're "shadowing."

CodeMonkey
08-08-2007, 12:43 PM
Why not get aggressive?

It intimidates the people you're trying to attract, and also helps strengthen the other supporters as it creates an "us vs. them" atmosphere.

monotony
08-08-2007, 01:22 PM
Another good strategy is to do what I do with every person I talked to.

"Do you have any idea who you're looking at in the next election?"

"Yeah, I was leaning toward (<insert CFR empty suit here>)"

"Really!!?!? That's who I would be supporting if it wasn't for Ron Paul"

And then I discuss the policies that I favor based on their candidate preference. I leave out all the CFR, globalist, conspiratorial sounding stuff, aside from the Fed/IRS which most people can easily understand and have a pretty strong reaction to.

Lord Xar
08-08-2007, 01:24 PM
Why not get aggressive?

You will turn people off completely. I would. I would actually work against you if you got aggressive..

Listen, you need attract bees with honey, if you get arrogant and abrassive, people will get totally turned off.

I have a friend who is a truther and he would bombard us with emails and try to talk all rational and basically assume we were all sheep. I dislike the guy now.

So you see, if we just pass out literature nicely and respectfully -- THAT IS THE BEST WAY!

FreedomLover
08-08-2007, 01:31 PM
Why not get aggressive?

Bad form. It's less about the message and more about the attitude with most people.

That's the reason the vast majority of americans see conspiracy theorists as nutty, because they are very abrasive and agressive, and cannot compromise with any other view.

People respond well to a person with logical arguments and a nice, casual, non-argumentative demeanor. Most of the people supporting the obama, guilanis, clintons, have no real idea why they're are supporting them. They just think they look nice on tv, and their in the lead according to the "polls."

Those people are on such shaky ground, all you have to do is ask them "why do you support blah blah" and they start thinking. And once they start thinking, possible support for Ron Paul shoots through the roof.