PDA

View Full Version : Stop Whining!

Churchill2004
02-05-2008, 09:47 PM
Even if this campaign ended tonight, which it obviously won't, Ron Paul has already done more to advance the message of freedom than any other political candidate in the past century.

This campaign is the START of a serious pro-liberty movement in the US, not a mere flash in the pan. Other campaigns live and die by their candidates because they have nothing else. We have a message that isn't going to go away. It's understandable to feel a little burned out. But spending the next twenty years wringing our hands and whining about how we were wronged won't accomplish anything.

When Ron Paul ran in 1988 on the Libertarian ticket (which, as an aside, I'm looking forward to seeing again) he often went and spoke to groups of kids who weren't even old enough to vote. Why? Because, as he said, he was sowing the seeds of liberty for tomorrow. This campaign did not arise from nowhere- it was brought to fruition by the liberty movement which Paul has been a part of, and at times led, for three decades. In twenty years we went from what happened in 1988, to what we've seen this past year. And the growth, as we all know, is exponential. Where can we be in another ten years? In twenty? Those who bemoan this as the end of all our hopes are missing the big picture, and even worse, are being extremely counter-productive.

So, buck it up, continue to support Dr. Paul as this campaign moves forward to whatever end it may have. When it's over, don't complain about supposed conspiracies you can't do anything about, learn from our mistakes. Believe it or not, with something as unprecedented as this campaign, no one was perfect. Part of our problem was too much harsh rhetoric towards everyone who isn't a Paul devotee, rhetoric which I'm seeing a lot of tonight. You don't convince any one with that talk. You turn people away. There are other things which we can and will discuss in the months and years to come, but that's something we need to stop now. Above all else, don't let this be the end of your work to advance freedom. If you do, then everything you've put into this campaign has been a waste.

Geronimo
02-05-2008, 09:52 PM
I wonder how elections will take place under a one world government.

firebirdnation
02-05-2008, 09:52 PM
I agree, and we must step up and fight even harder now! Nobody said this was going to be easy.

Churchill2004
02-05-2008, 09:54 PM
I wonder how elections will take place under a one world government.

What the hell does that have to do with anything?

Edu
02-05-2008, 10:00 PM
I wonder how elections will take place under a one world government.They will have to let the sheeple think they have a voice, so they will control it through the media, and take over the internet, the new media, with agents.

Of course they will have to print a lot of money to have enough agents to take over the new media, and tax everyone to hell, but the sheeple will fall in line, they always do, just make them fear some sort of attack from way far away so that they need the government to save them.

Wait.... I think I remember all that happening just recently.....

zahirakids
02-05-2008, 10:01 PM
Even if this campaign ended tonight, which it obviously won't, Ron Paul has already done more to advance the message of freedom than any other political candidate in the past century.

This campaign is the START of a serious pro-liberty movement in the US, not a mere flash in the pan. Other campaigns live and die by their candidates because they have nothing else. We have a message that isn't going to go away. It's understandable to feel a little burned out. But spending the next twenty years wringing our hands and whining about how we were wronged won't accomplish anything.

When Ron Paul ran in 1988 on the Libertarian ticket (which, as an aside, I'm looking forward to seeing again) he often went and spoke to groups of kids who weren't even old enough to vote. Why? Because, as he said, he was sowing the seeds of liberty for tomorrow. This campaign did not arise from nowhere- it was brought to fruition by the liberty movement which Paul has been a part of, and at times led, for three decades. In twenty years we went from what happened in 1988, to what we've seen this past year. And the growth, as we all know, is exponential. Where can we be in another ten years? In twenty? Those who bemoan this as the end of all our hopes are missing the big picture, and even worse, are being extremely counter-productive.

So, buck it up, continue to support Dr. Paul as this campaign moves forward to whatever end it may have. When it's over, don't complain about supposed conspiracies you can't do anything about, learn from our mistakes. Believe it or not, with something as unprecedented as this campaign, no one was perfect. Part of our problem was too much harsh rhetoric towards everyone who isn't a Paul devotee, rhetoric which I'm seeing a lot of tonight. You don't convince any one with that talk. You turn people away. There are other things which we can and will discuss in the months and years to come, but that's something we need to stop now. Above all else, don't let this be the end of your work to advance freedom. If you do, then everything you've put into this campaign has been a waste.

We all need to join the Republican Liberty caucus. They are the Libertarian/Classic Conservative wing of the GOP.

www.rlc.org

james_joyce
02-05-2008, 10:03 PM

YES!

More of this, please.

Churchill2004
02-05-2008, 10:04 PM
We all need to join the Republican Liberty caucus. They are the Libertarian/Classic Conservative wing of the GOP.

www.rlc.org

There's no reason you can't support both the LP and libertarian-leaning Republicans. Paul himself is proof of the frequent overlap between the two.

It's not like we have to worry about the LP running candidates against RLC members.

Molly1
02-05-2008, 10:06 PM
We are the tired, the poor, the huddled masses, yearning to be free..

Gadsden Flag
02-05-2008, 10:10 PM
Well, I honestly thought RP would win a state tonight. here's still Alaska, which supposedly might be his strongest showing. But my humble prediction was 3 or 4 states,

Personally, I think the Paul campaign ends tonight. But I don't feel bad. A little sad, maybe. But for me, as I am sure is the case with many other young people, this was the first time I have really become involved in the political process.

I handed out hundreds of flyers. I hand wrote letters and stuffed envelopes. I converted undecided voters to support Ron Paul.

Was it a waste of time?

I say no. The experience I gained, and awareness we all raised was well worth the effort. And that is exactly what Ron Paul talks about when he says he is optimistic about the future because of what he has seen from the young people in this country!