PDA

View Full Version : How do we reach the disenfranchised?

Sematary
08-08-2007, 12:27 PM
I was talking to a woman today who hasn't voted in over 30 years (since Kennedy actually) and I need to know how to deal or approach this with people who are so disenfranchised that they are dead set on never voting again. How can we reach these people?

Akus
08-08-2007, 12:29 PM
Ask why they're not voting. Work from there.

constituent
08-08-2007, 12:38 PM
A few years ago Ron Paul did a speech on the need to restructure the entire republc...

pull some excerpts from there and bring them up in discussion, casually reference the source... that's what i've been doing since I saw the speech. I called all my friends in the city I was living at that time... TURN ON C-SPAN! TURN ON C-SPAN!

Sematary
08-08-2007, 12:55 PM
A few years ago Ron Paul did a speech on the need to restructure the entire republc...

pull some excerpts from there and bring them up in discussion, casually reference the source... that's what i've been doing since I saw the speech. I called all my friends in the city I was living at that time... TURN ON C-SPAN! TURN ON C-SPAN!

Do you know where I can get a copy?

Kregener
08-08-2007, 01:30 PM
They have to WANT to be reached first.

nayjevin
08-08-2007, 01:40 PM
ask,

"if you found the perfect candidate, would you vote?"

yes

"because i was in the same boat -- until I found Ron Paul"

nullvalu
08-08-2007, 01:41 PM
ask,

"if you found the perfect candidate, would you vote?"

yes

"because i was in the same boat -- until I found Ron Paul"

Good, I think this would work.. as it's true for me.

constituent
08-08-2007, 01:49 PM
ahhh... yea... i have it saved somewhere... give me a day or so if you're too busy...

if not i think you might find it in the lewrockwell archive somewhere.

it was in 02 or 03. you'll recognize it by the length (like 90 minutes i think)

I have been trying to find the C-Span video archived somewhere but have had no luck.... is anyone aware of this speech... where the vid could be found?

talk about great campaign material.

infomercials at 2:00 a.m. that'd be where it's at.

Paulitician
08-08-2007, 02:11 PM
Let them hear Ron Paul speak, and point out his record. It worked for me.

trispear
08-08-2007, 02:21 PM
Not just hearing Ron Paul speak, show them his record. Many candidates talk the talk, he's one of the few that walk the walk.

Look at the ratings of Congress right now. Lower than the president. People get disenfranchised because they relized that even if their guy/gal wins -- it doesn't mean anything in the end. The same old game is played, just with different pieces. They realize they are getting played.

That is how Ron Paul is different. Love him or hate him, you know what you are getting and better yet, he'll tell you way ahead of time - you won't find out his shady actions on page six of a newspaper.