PDA

View Full Version : My caucus experience, with pictures

cilution
02-05-2008, 09:29 PM
I just got back from my caucus here in Minnesota, and wow, so many people there. Most of the literature being passed out was for things like county commissioner and such, but there was one young man handing out Ron Paul slim jims, which I gladly accepted as I said, "That's my man!"

I'll get to the specifics first. My precinct went 2 undecided, 2 Huckabee, 3 Paul, 6 McCain, 10 Romney. I'm one of seven delegates, and I think one of the other people who voted Paul is a delegate as well, but I'm not sure. So that makes 2 of 7 delegates Ron Paul supporters.

The caucus was at a school, and about 24 precincts were there. They weren't expecting NEARLY as many people. We got there 30 minutes early and already the parking lot was full and people were parking on the side of the streets. It was supposed to start at 7, and people were still piling through the doors at 7:15. They didn't know how to handle it. Here's some pictures of the auditorium they had us go into, where they explained how the night would work:

http://www.cilution.net/caucus1.jpg

http://www.cilution.net/caucus2.jpg

You can see people standing in the back of the top rows, and the stage was packed too. There were people in the halls leading into the auditorium as well. I did see a good amount of people with Ron Paul stickers and such. My precinct had mostly older crowd, but there were a lot of young folks there in other precincts. I'm fairly sure Ron Paul took some of them.

molly_pitcher
02-05-2008, 09:35 PM
Wow!

cilution
02-05-2008, 09:47 PM
Yeah, that's what I said! lol

LJHudd
02-05-2008, 09:48 PM
NICE!! Good job becoming a delegate! :cool:

cilution
02-05-2008, 09:57 PM
Man, I so do not want to be a delegate. It was bad enough just sitting there listening to the local republicans give their little "elect me!" speeches, spouting their neo-conservative nonsense. It's going to be hell sitting through conventions if I have to put up with that crap constantly. The second Ron Paul is out of the race, win or lose, I'm out of this crap, lol.