PDA

View Full Version : Is Romney finished?

Sematary
02-05-2008, 09:29 PM
McCain and the Huckster seem to be leading the pack to day with Romney a DISTANT 3rd and our beloved Dr. Paul getting no respect as usual.
So far I count 7 wins for McCain and 4 for Huck and 1 for Romney. Do you think he'll keep pouring more of his own money into this crap? I wouldn't.
Also - because of these results - it looks like the delegate count is going to be split up pretty good - meaning no one is going to have a huge lead in delegates. I think that's good.

Give me liberty
02-05-2008, 09:29 PM
In old wise man of words,

Yes my young, yes indeed, he is.

MayTheRonBeWithYou
02-05-2008, 09:30 PM
Unless he pulls off a miracle in CA, he's done.

LizF
02-05-2008, 09:32 PM
He's won Massachusetts & Utah so far. If he wins California (he was polling well there earlier), maybe not. But who knows, it's still early...

Trigonx
02-05-2008, 09:38 PM
Romney is jacking our caucus states(straw poll), he will prolly win MT, WTA state. Hes leading in ND, MN, so far winning in CO

itshappening
02-05-2008, 09:40 PM
Romney is jacking our caucus states(straw poll), he will prolly win MT, WTA state. Hes leading in ND, MN, so far winning in CO

lets hope they all went home early :D

coastie
02-05-2008, 09:41 PM
I would'nt bet money on it....hopefully though.

I just find it hard to believe that many people actually support McCain.

But I dont know. The MSM has so BLATANTLY electioneered this whole race.

Does anyone actually care enough to do anything about it? Wait no, lol...Do ENOUGH people care to do anything about it???

Well, tonights results are the obvious answer.

I'm not giving up the fight, but I'm seriously bummed right now, being that I am binded by the ultimate oath one can take for our country, and the fact that over 4000+ have died for what amounts to.....what, again??? Protecting our freedoms? Or wait, wait...against the terrorists, right?

Fuck, the next 2+ years left on my enlistment are going to be difficult, to say the least....:(

pacelli
02-05-2008, 09:42 PM
He was just on Fox News at a rally and he said, "I will stay in this race!".

MayTheRonBeWithYou
02-05-2008, 09:44 PM

And John Edwards was saying the same thing... the night before he dropped out.

Trigonx
02-05-2008, 09:45 PM
i think MT is lost, with 21% of the vote left to go we are still 14% behind Romney. MT is winner take all too so we get nothing for 2nd place

luvthedoc08
02-05-2008, 09:47 PM

would you expect him to say anything different though? these guys are PROFESSIONAL liars, we don't know what he's really thinking

Dustancostine
02-05-2008, 09:49 PM
Yea Mitt isn't done yet.

He is probably going to take:

Mass.
Utah
Colorado
Minnesota
Montana
North Dakota

McCain is going to take:

Conn.
Delaware
Illinoise
New Jersey
New York
Oklahoma
Arizona

Huckabee:

Alabama
Arkansas
Georgia
West Virginia
Missouri
Tennessee

And California and Alaska are still up for grabs.

asifp
02-05-2008, 09:49 PM
really surprised at Huck winning GA and MO

I think Romney blasting Huck has worked against him. Romney should have concentrated on a few states like Huck rather go national.

As I see now Huck talking on Fox News , and he is lovvving McCain

setting up the VP run

Romney what a waste of money , I really thought he could do well with a clean positive campaign rather than blasting other guys he would have done much better tonight

so yep , he is done ,

LBT
02-05-2008, 09:52 PM
I expect after today a lot of people will jump from McCain into the Huckabee camp.

The only voted for McCain because they thought he was better than the slimy Romney. If they think Huckabee will beat Romney, they'll jump on board.

I wonder if the MSM will jump behind Huckabee. I tend to think they will.

Dustancostine
02-05-2008, 09:59 PM
I hope so. I can stomach Huckabee more than Romeny and certianly better than McCain.

Goldwater Conservative
02-05-2008, 10:26 PM
He's in serious trouble if all he can do is win his home state, his birth state, and Mormon-heavy states with low populations.