PDA

View Full Version : It seems so easy sometimes to push Ron Paul's positions...

armand61685
02-05-2008, 09:26 PM
...yet people just wont listen. I mean, i've been to gatherings with friends and we talked about politics. When it came time for me to talk about Ron Paul, I had logical Ron Paul ready arguments ready to dish out and it felt so good to be relatively informed and sensible with the issues.

But it just seems that there are a set percentage of people in the US that just won't get it unless it slaps them in the face.

America isn't ready for change, a statesman, prosperity and liberty. Instead, all of the young people (my generation) are rallying behind Obama like he's a rockstar and especially because he's BLACK! That's what they think change is! Someone's skin color! To me THEY are the ones who discriminate!

And then we have the RINOs who are voting for McCain or Romney. This makes me even more angry, especially when they tout this "conservative" stance yet make no effort to even acknowledge previous great conservatives (goldwater, taft, etc., or even the FOUNDERS).

What are going to have is big government NANNY state with some war thrown in, or big government Imperialist fascist state, with both leading to economic collapse and an installment of the NAU.

FUCK!

Paulitician
02-05-2008, 09:28 PM
You overestimate people. They don't care about issues. Only activists do... and a lot of activists are stupid and ignorant too.

armand61685
02-05-2008, 09:35 PM
sigh

Enzo
02-05-2008, 09:39 PM
Many people just refuse to believe that so many of these concepts are just so simple.

The economy has to be a super-complicated algebraic equation that is beyond human understanding.

The Occupation of Iraq and the Middle East in general.. is just so complicated.. and has so many years of turmoil surrounding it.. that they can't even begin to come to any kind of understanding.. that these are human beings.. Just like us.

And worst of all.... they can't fathom the concept that they, themselves... could possibly take some personal responsibility... and be in control of their own lives and destiny.

Knightskye
02-05-2008, 09:44 PM
People don't think he can get done what he wants to do, like shut down the Department of Education or Department of Energy. I heard a co-host on the radio say she didn't think he could do that kind of stuff unless he was a "king" or a "dictator". :rolleyes:

He can bring the troops home, at least.