PDA

View Full Version : Two Precincts Won In Mn!!!!

MattMinnesota
02-05-2008, 09:22 PM
I just got back from my precinct in Minneapolis and I have GREAT NEWS. I just signed up to be a precinct leader today because I was afraid noone in my precinct was one.

I wasn't optimistic at first BUT. Here is the vote total from my precinct:

Ron Paul - 17 votes
Mitt Romney - 16
John McCain - 4 (HAHAHA)
Mike Huckabee - 2

BUT more importantly we got 4 out of 5 delegate spots and I'm one of them and at least 1 out of 5 alternates (my roommate)! I organized all the RP supporters when I got there and made sure we voted for the same 5 Ron Paul people. I wrote a speech before I went and gave it there, I got cut off by the guy at the head of the room (our entire ward was in the same location)! Then when I went to finish it our precinct chair cut me off and said "we need to let other people speak". I said "well I would like to finish what I started here!" and she goes "I'm sure you would". Other people tried to ask me questions but she cut me out and then limited all other delegate candidates to 15 seconds! BITCH! I think she was a GOP plant.

Also, I just got a call from my brother and he is a delegate too and got 3 out of 4 delegates in that precinct! They were outnumbered in the straw poll, but people didn't understand the delegate process haha!

I'm so excited!!! They tried to tell us we should vote based on the straw poll even though the delegates aren't bound in MN. I just said "yeah ok" and walked away. If you didn't want me to vote for Paul maybe you shouldn't have voted for me after I gave my speech and saw my RP sticker!

Edit:

My entire ward was in the same place (7 precincts) and the vote totals were: Romney - 76, PAUL!! - 53, McCain - 39, Huckabee - 19!! WOOHOO!

Sorry so long, but I'm really excited!!!

ultimaonliner
02-05-2008, 09:24 PM
Minnesota rocks!

maggiebott
02-05-2008, 09:26 PM
You have reason to be excited. Thank you for all your efforts Matt! :)

molly_pitcher
02-05-2008, 09:27 PM
Thanks so much! I was crying when I read it! WHAT FUN!!

luvthedoc08
02-05-2008, 09:27 PM
great job bud!