PDA

View Full Version : So . . . when Romney bows out

Lucid American
02-05-2008, 09:11 PM
We'll have a 72-yr old true conservative with a single focus of defeating a 72-yr old liberal Republican, who's insinuated a full empire mentality and starting up the draft.

There's Huckabee, but I think he and Giuliani are probably jockeying for McCain's VP spot.

Anyone like our chances of Paul hanging in there and turning the tables on McCain over the coming weeks?

MGreen
02-05-2008, 09:16 PM
If Romney does concede, our chances might get slightly better. People would assume McCain has the nomination wrapped up, leading to lower turnout in later states. But Huckabee is also doing quite well, so he may get more attention and stay in the race, effectively nullifying that possibility.

It will be interesting to see what happens, though. People keep saying that it's dangerous to underestimate Paul, so... who knows?

Lucid American
02-05-2008, 09:20 PM
If Romney does concede, our chances might get slightly better. People would assume McCain has the nomination wrapped up, leading to lower turnout in later states. But Huckabee is also doing quite well, so he may get more attention and stay in the race, effectively nullifying that possibility.

It will be interesting to see what happens, though. People keep saying that it's dangerous to underestimate Paul, so... who knows?

Well, given the minimal tv advertising the campaign seems to have done, you think there's a chance he's still tucked some away to come out firing once the field has narrowed?

utrunner07
02-05-2008, 09:20 PM
People keep saying that it's dangerous to underestimate Paul, so... who knows?

Who says that? People on this board or the 3-6% that are voting for him? Realism is very important and has been lacking here lately.

idiom
02-05-2008, 09:21 PM
If Romney Drops RP becomes the Not-McCain.

mikeycapz
02-05-2008, 09:22 PM
if romney drops out the media is still gonna call it a 2 person race no matter what, but our chances def. improve outside of media world

Lucid American
02-05-2008, 09:25 PM
Part of me thinks Paul's chances improve, but then the rest of me thinks the media will just pretend Paul conceded and will totally push him out.

This is the Democrats turn to win (in the eyes of the establishment).

CaptBookbag
02-05-2008, 09:26 PM
If Romney Drops RP becomes the Not-McCain.

yeh, and McCain becomes the not-Paul. I don't think its safe to assume that people's preference is Romney -> Paul -> McCain.

nakor667
02-05-2008, 09:29 PM
Conservative talk-show hosts can't stand McCain, and have belatedly supported Romney because Guliani and Thomson dropped out. If he goes too, we may have a superb opportunity to reawaken many like Rush and maybe even Hannity to what it means to be a real conservative. They won't go for Huck (too much fiscal liberalism). Ron Paul will finally get the attention we've been working for.

It might even push our revolution mainstream.